The Busy World of Rockman Perfect Memories

Strider Xhaiden · 439624

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #5900 on: January 14, 2010, 11:51:17 PM
Ryuta waits until the competitor is out of sight before calmly clearing his throat.

"Well, I hope the rest of you Eco-fanatics have taken note of what just happened; no matter how accurate your IT is, it doesn't mean you're out of danger yet.  With transportation, you actually get a general idea of where the location is, and what to prepare for upon entering the property.  In this case, the reason our caller made 100 orders and put them in individual boxes is NOT because he has a monster appitite."

He places his fists behind his back, "Which brings us to the second part of this challenge.  This will not be a race to determine if you can actually get to this person with the contents of his order still intact.  This time, only one of you will win this challenge and escape the penalties of the next one, with the added bonus of getting a tour of the location and seeing what ingredients they use to make their meals.  And believe me, these penalties will be far more devistating than what I've put you through in the previous challenges, so unless you have some pretty strong stamina I suggest you push your culinary skills to the limit and get to this person before everyone else."

He meagerly points towards the glass door, "The race begins as soon as you take your box."

The remaining competitors rushed up to the counter and grabbed a box, then scramble for the door.  Some made frantic phone-calls to their family, friends or the nearest taxi to take them to the location, while others ran off in search of the best mode of transportation.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5901 on: January 15, 2010, 12:06:30 AM
Flame raised his hand.
"So, will we be able to track their progress via a screen or something? You've made us all curious."

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5902 on: January 15, 2010, 01:07:44 AM
"Well, I was going to wait until the compeitors left the cafe," Ryuta began before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a remote, "But since you're so eager to watch the progress."

He then hits a button, causing two Lakitus to fly out of the kitchen window and hover around WilyII and Temnota, each holding a fishing pole with a camera on the end.  TV screens around the cafe switch to the comeptition already being played out by the competitors who already left.  Every five minutes the scene switches to another competitor either running like crazy to meet the location, or already having succeeded in gaining access to a certain mode of transportation.

A large, LCD TV drops down in front of the map, switching on to show a single image of what could be the outskirts of the location.

Ryuta sticks the remote back in his pocket, "You might want to check your savings and schedule, you may be here a while."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5903 on: January 15, 2010, 04:14:14 AM
(Oh my... XD)

"Hmm... This competition is getting very interesting..." DWII then proceeded to take one of the boxes.

"Now, what to do for transport..."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5904 on: January 15, 2010, 04:46:20 AM
(May one of my characters be a spectator, Jet?)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5905 on: January 15, 2010, 04:50:04 AM
(Sure.)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5906 on: January 15, 2010, 04:59:38 AM
(Thank you)
As Tryn Masked had sat down at a table, reading the newspaper he got about the competition.
He sat down and gawked at the screen, it was fascinating for someone who came from such an odd planet.
He ordered some tea and stared wide eyed as he accidently grabbed a chair and tried to drink it. As the other spectators looked at Tryn and some even raised an eyebrow.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5907 on: January 15, 2010, 06:20:38 AM
*raises his other eyebrow*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5908 on: January 15, 2010, 06:59:33 AM
Temnota took one of the boxes and casually walked outside, on the way she looked towards Wily II.
Meet you at the destination point....but don´t take too long.
In front of the Neko cafe, Temnota put her box on the ground, the next moment it was swallowed by her shadow. She then looked at the Lakitu behind her.
Make sure to be able to follow me,  I make every 15 minutes a pause for 10 seconds.
After that she too disappeared in her own shadow, which started  moving in the direction of the finish

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5909 on: January 15, 2010, 12:35:47 PM
Seeing Temnota disappear like that is still unnerving, but it's effective. DWII looked on as he saw the rest of the contestants begin their journey. He turned back, and looks at Afro.

DWII: ...

Afro: o3o

DWII facepalmed. He then grabbed Afro by the back of his collar, Rock'd-On, and began to dash-fly off to the destination.

Afro: WHY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #5910 on: January 15, 2010, 05:33:06 PM
"So doc...any info on the place we have to deliver this delivery to?"

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5911 on: January 15, 2010, 05:37:06 PM
"No idea whatsoever. I believe... Winging it, is what's it's called."

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5912 on: January 15, 2010, 05:40:10 PM
"Ah yes...my flawless strategy when it came to my school work at college and back at DDL."  8D

"What?"

"Er...Don't change the subject Doc. Temnota is bound to beat us if we don't hurry!"  '>.>

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5913 on: January 15, 2010, 05:42:55 PM
DWII: With you as my meat shield, I have nothing to worry about!

Afro: Say what?

DWII: NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5914 on: January 15, 2010, 10:45:54 PM
As the race continues on, half of the competitors could already be seen jumping out of the buses and taxis that could cross overseas and ran off to either rent a boat or hitch a ride on a ferry heading in the direction of the location.  Some are still driving their respected vehicles while a few have resorted to marathon running out of panic of how much time is left, one even freaked out at the thought of being the last contestant in line and clung to one of the Lakitu's cloud as his last resort to getting to the location.

Meanwhile, on the big screen showing the overview of the location, the guests in the cafe saw a band of figures marching out to the front of the building, stop and turn to face it.

They appear to be men, heavily muscular, wearing nearly the same uniform as Ryuta, only baring a second row of buttons and ranging in different colors, the majority of them being black.

Four more men came out of the building, two of whom look like they shouldn't belong in the modern day.  One of them, a squat, shaggy man wearing a white, full-head bandana and what appears to be a samurai vest over white, short-sleeve clothing, and carries a bamboo sword, marches onto a small stage standing between the uniformed men and the entrance of the building.  The camera's sound had been turned off, but it appears the squat man is giving some kind of rambling speech to the other men who just stood in their place and listened diligently.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5915 on: January 15, 2010, 11:09:18 PM
After finding his tea, he took a sip, even though the tea was abnormally hot.
"Hmm, those people seem important, wish I had a suit as suave and cool as those people."
Thought Tryn out loud, not as amazed or astonished by the T.V. now that the other spectators explained the concept to him.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5916 on: January 18, 2010, 04:13:11 AM
While the TV screen continued to show competitors racing from one destination to another in a straight line to the targeted location, the large screen showed half of the competitors nearing the entrance, charging up the stairs with their delivery boxes high in the air.

The Lakitu in charge of keeping a visual on the location had just finished yawning when he saw the dustclouds kicked up by the competitors nearing the entrance; the Lakitus that followed them eventually dwindled to one as the others flew off to take a break from their harrowing chase.  He yelps while reaching into the cloud he sat on and pulled out a whistle, blowing into it until two freshly energized Lakitus appeared beside him.

"Alright!  Listen up!" he said while grabbing an officer's hat and slapping it on, "We're just about ready for the next act of Mr. Ippongi's plans!"

He points to one Lakitu who snaps to attention and salutes while holding his fishing pole to the side, "You, recon the entrance of the school and record the first person to make it through the door!" he then points to the other who does the same, "And you!  Get the high speed camera and stand ready in the owner's office!  We must make this climatic part of today's challenge a sight to remember by!"

He threw his hand in a karate chop towards the location, "Move out!"

The two yell "YESSIR" before sitting back down and flying off to their designated places.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5917 on: January 18, 2010, 06:56:06 AM
Temnota´s shadow reached the entrance. She emerged from it, holding the lunch box. She looked around.
Seems that I am first....I have a bad feeling about this.
She then proceeded to enter the gate

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5918 on: January 19, 2010, 02:15:54 AM
As soon as Temnota got to the gates, a few of the competitors raced past her only to come to a screeching halt with shock and surprise.  Before they had a chance to turn and stop find a place to hide, the rest of the 25 competitors plowed into them, shoving them through the gates as they attempt to seek out the location of the building the person lived in.

Upon entering the dusty fields of the campus, the group of overly muscular men turned around to see the competitors come to a screeching halt once, both staring wide eyed while the four older men nearly blew steam out of their ears at what was going on.

"What the hell is this!?" the shaggy, squat man exclaims as he throws an absolute fit, "Our headmaster specifically asked for catgirls to deliver his orders and we get a bunch of strangers instead!?"

The younger men, on the other hand, became mesmeriezed by the very sight of the boxes as they had remembered raiding the last fifty that were dropped in their lounge room and getting only a bite of imported satisfaction.  Their mouths leak with drool as they let the scent of the food toy with their nose.

The shaggy man growls before thrusting his bamboo sword towards the crowd of baffled competitors, "Don't just stand there, you idiots!  Get rid of them before they reach the Headmaster's office!  We can't let him see how big of a mess the restaurant made neglecting one single aspect of his order!"

At his command, the entire army charges towards the competitors, freaking them out as they scramble to get away only to be pounced on by one of the men and wrestled of his or her box.

Only one man didn't join the fiasco that ensued, standing in his place without so much as a care in the world.

One of the competitors manages to squeeze her way out of the barrage of kicks, punches and grabs, holding the delivery box high over her heads as she squeals with excitement.

"Finally!  Freedom!  I'll win this challenge yet!" she giggles as she zeroes in on the building behind the wooden stage.  As she passes by the lone man, he calmly reaches for the handle of his katana and yanks it out the holster on his back.  Seconds after passing by the person, the box shatters into clean slabs of wood, raining the contents of the order down on the girl as she squeaks in surprise and drops to her knees while crying in frustration.

Several more of the competitors managed to fight their way out of the pile-up only to meet the same fate as they pass by the lone man as he manages to dismantle their boxes with one meager swing of his katana.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #5919 on: January 19, 2010, 02:30:26 AM
DWII and Afro managed to reach the destination, standing just outside the gate, only to see the madness that has taken over.

"Well, I knew things will not be that easy..." DWII replied, before focusing on what is happening.

"Guards?" Afro asked, picking himself up after the long drag trip.

"Looks like it, and those guards aren't ordinary people... Especially that one guy at the back..." DWII pointed to that lone guy, wielding his katana with deadly accuracy.

"Afro, you go first." DWII said, pushing Afro in.

"WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!?"

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5920 on: January 19, 2010, 09:20:37 PM
"GAH!" Afro yelled as he fell into the school grounds. He looked around as most of the contestants were being subdued, Afro quickly shifted through his items Metal Gear style and selected a cardboard box labeled 'JUST A BOX! O3O'. He hid under it and started making his way around the crowd. Heh, Genius Afro...Genius. 8D

-----
That one Nun...

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5921 on: January 19, 2010, 09:26:47 PM
Meanwhile Temnota was hiding in the shadow of the box.
(Genius Temnota....Genius  8D)

Archer

Reply #5922 on: January 19, 2010, 09:30:18 PM
Somewhere, Roa was fighting a giant whale.

Yes, a whale.

Using his lightning powers and laser swords he suddenly had for some reason that made him seem like the Emperor from Star Wars (or Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts (but that's basically the same thing)) he fought with the whale, until the whale summoned his much older and much uglier brother. Roa was outmatched!

And then they did the fusion dance.

It turned into an epic battle of magic and blubber, but eventually Roa came out on top and defeated the giant fused whale!

"We are defeated." The whale groaned and died.

Roa grimaced and clutched his head, his vision going blurry before sighed.

"Damn it, I really have to lay off the drugs." His grimace turned into a smirk. "However, this experience has given me just the plan to achieve my plans." He laughed manically and the purple monkey joined in.

"What the hell?!" Roa exclaimed before sighing. "Damn, I'm still tripping..."

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5923 on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:32 PM
Meanwhile inside the WDS:
BH:Gramps, let us leave tis place, now!
Svetlo: What´s the matter? I told you that Roa arrived at this place, I thought that we´re going to fight him and end whatever he´s planning...
BH: No! We are at the WDS...alone. You can feel it too that he isn´t. I don´t want to end up like last time, no thanks.
Svetlo: Since when were you a coward?
BH: Shut up! The last time I got all beat up and locked outside.
Svetlo: Like that could ever happen again  ::)...This time you have me.
BH: ...Are you senile at your old age? Besides we don´t know if he´s ploting something this time or not. He faked his death, maybe he wants to retire or something.
BH was about to leave the WDS. Svetlo was just looking at him in disbelief

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5924 on: January 20, 2010, 01:27:51 AM
Despite seeing Afro publicly hide himself in the box, the blue uniformed man continued to stand his ground, pretending not to notice him.  The older men, on the other hand saw the whole thing and began throwing a fit.

"Why're you just standing there!?" shouts the shaggy man, "Get him before he reaches the door!"

Without waiting for the lone man to react he and another man charged towards the box, arching their less than deadly weapons back to strike upon close encounter.

As the mob itself was starting to dwindle down to both competitor and uniformed man either falling over with exhaustion or getting more than their teeth knocked out of them, one of the men stumbled out in time to see WilyII just standing there with the delivery box in his hand.  Having not been satisfied with what he managed to wrangle from the other competitors, he makes a mad charge towards him, intending to pounce and wrestle the box from his hands.