C# MegaMan Engine

Tesserex · 70125

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #75 on: December 09, 2010, 07:45:50 PM
I downloaded it just to mess around with the program, and it seemed to work fine with me. The only thing I couldn't get to work is the part to manage the entities, but I'm sure I was missing something beforehand. Great job so far with the program :)

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: December 09, 2010, 08:12:18 PM
Entities aren't implemented in the editor yet. That's one reason why you can't make a project from scratch right now.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #77 on: December 09, 2010, 08:14:24 PM
Oh, good to know, it wasn't me that messed up then  >0<

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:06 AM
ok, now that im checking, the actual game doesnt open to me, it marks me error, or that needs some files or something

Posted on: December 10, 2010, 04:54:51 AM
and by the way, how can i add the blocking in the screens?, now that im experimenting with a level im making, as well of the joints?, cause i kinda have some problem with those

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: December 10, 2010, 02:43:46 PM
Gatuca - You probably need to download the XNA pack I linked to. Just look on the previous page to find it. And for the level editor, to make a tile blocking, you need to specify that in the tileset editor. In the toolbox window, on the bottom, create a new set of properties from the menu. In there you can specify that it is blocking. Then just assign your new properties to the tiles you want.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: December 10, 2010, 07:35:11 PM
No it doesnt even load the program, not the editors, i meant the program, i installed the XML application, and when i load the game.xml, it crashes, it marks me the windows of Error, and then when i click in continue it crashes...........

i had this problem before with MMF2, when i wanted to load an edited version of N-Mario engine, and the entire program crashed, do you think it have something to do with my OS, does that mean i had to reinstall the damn OS? >_<

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #81 on: December 10, 2010, 10:11:04 PM
If you're having problems on multiple engines like this, then yea. There is most likely something wrong with your computer, or OS. I'd check for viruses, errors, spyware, corruptions, anything else that have been logged as fatal that could have done something wrong with your comp.
Also, it may be good to update ur computer every 4 - 6 years. Maybe getting a new motherboard would help too. There maybe some costs by doing this, but at least you would be able to find out if it fixed those errors you keep having. ;)

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: December 11, 2010, 12:24:07 AM
Could you tell me the full text of the error my engine is giving you? Maybe it's indicating what files are missing.

Also... if you're computer is old enough, you might not even have .NET 3 installed? Unless the XNA pack installed that for you.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: December 11, 2010, 01:38:27 AM
well, actually i did have 3 versions of .NET installed, i just uninstalled 2 of them, and right now ill try to uninstall the last one, and then, install the latest version again, my PC is oooooooooooooooooold, like 10 years.

this is the message i now got last time after i uninstalled the programs, and yes, before all the problesm, i already installed the XNA pack

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: December 11, 2010, 02:10:38 AM
This is after uninstalling .NET but before reinstalling? That would be a problem. Missing System.Core means it can't find the .NET files. You need version 3.5, or maybe 4, but I would recommend 3.5 since that's what I wrote the engine with.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: December 11, 2010, 04:13:51 AM
DAMN IT, i uninstalled all versioni have (2, 3 & 3.5) and installed 4, AND NOW I CANT EVEN OPEN THE EDITORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: December 11, 2010, 01:51:15 AM
well, i finally instaled and have ONLY the 3.5 version.

the good news are, the Level and Tile Editors Work Again

the bad news are.......I STILL CANT GET THE ACTUAL GAME TO WORK!!!!!!

when i open the file, before it loads, it shows me a message of erros, and when i click on details, it shows me this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An unexpected error has occurred.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, DeviceType deviceType, IntPtr renderWindowHandle, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
   at WinFormsGraphicsDevice.GraphicsDeviceService..ctor(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at WinFormsGraphicsDevice.GraphicsDeviceService.AddRef(IntPtr windowHandle, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at WinFormsGraphicsDevice.GraphicsDeviceControl.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Mega Man
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/gatuca/My%20Documents/My%20Games/CME-2010-12-4/CME-2010-12-4/Mega%20Man.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.11010.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/3.0.0.0__6d5c3888ef60e27d/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.21022.8 built by: RTM
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.1433
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.1433
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1433_x-ww_5cf844d2/msvcm80.dll
FMOD
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/gatuca/My%20Documents/My%20Games/CME-2010-12-4/CME-2010-12-4/FMOD.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Then when i load the game.xml file, it crashes, it shows me first another box of error, BUT THEN it shows me the generic Windows error Box, the one who ask me if i want to send details...........yeah, well, and the other pop up error box, i cant take a snapshot of it, not because i dont know how, but because the 2nd error box pos faster than i cant get the right time for the snap.

well, sure i can still make and edit the levels ands tiles............but what's the point when i cant play them, so i guess the problem may be one of the follow things:

1.- That when you Tesserex were upgrading this thing, it may identify some file that was ONLY in your PC, or something like that, preventing the program to work properly in others PC.

2.- The program Itself is far from Stable yet

3.- MOST defnitively, i simply cant do crap in this PC i have, and trust me hen i said, I HAS NO HOPE OF EVER GETTING another one that doesnt suck ass.

Until then, all i can do is edit levels but not actually testing them by playing them ;O;

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:40 AM
Well Gatuca, I think I might be able to help.

Both 1 and 2. It works just fine for many other people, so that's not it. Occasionally I'll accidentally hard code a file path in the project itself, but as far as the program, the development environment makes it pretty difficult to make that mistake.

3. Well, this one may be the problem. Here are the system requirements listed on the XNA distro page:

Supported Operating Systems:Windows Vista Service Pack 1;Windows XP Service Pack 3
A graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1 is required.
Shader Model 2.0 is recommended and required for some Starter Kits.
.NET Framework 2.0 or higher is required.

So, the likely problem point for you is the graphics card with the shader model (even though I don't think I use it - maybe I can make it so you don't need it?) I'm not really sure how to tell whether you have that. I have seen someone else with that as the problem though. Very sorry though. I hope we can figure out some way.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:24 AM
where i can find or download the Shader Model 1.1?

in the meantime, i made a bit of a level for the engine as a test, if you wish to incorporate it to the engine for release, ill be finishing the rest of the level in the next week, cause it's going to be quite longer, also made some enemy sprites for the specific level later.

so for now
http://rapidshare.com/files/436220346/volcanowomanfix.zip
NOTE: you may need to change the files path on both level and tileset editors for avoid problems :P

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 12:09:29 AM
Aside from the fact that scrolling is totally crazy and the fact that you slide across the solid stuff its pretty good. Animations seem too fast though.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 12:32:18 AM
crap, rapidshare stops in 87% of upload

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: December 13, 2010, 12:37:39 AM
Well I just tried out the one you posted before, I did have to adjust the relative file paths but it works fine. I did notice that you didn't change the friction of the ground tiles, so you slide all over, like NB said. If that's what he meant.

As for the scrolling thing, I saw that some of your joins were longer than they needed to be, but even after I fixed that I saw the problem. Perhaps it is a bug in my engine, since I didn't really tune it to expect vertical scrolling. I'll look into that.

Gatuca, about the shader model, it's just whether your graphics card supports it. It's not a downloadable thing. Could you maybe give me your computer's specs and I'll see if that's the issue?

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: December 13, 2010, 01:40:46 AM
Windows XP SP 2
AMD Duron Processor, 224mb RAM, NVIDIA VANTA/VANTA LT, my PC is reaaaalllly old

as for the joints i made, well, i made them like that considering that someone might want to use Rush coil to get the the next screen in an open area, (for example, the Gemini Man stage, i always try to use Rush coil to make the glith of the stage trigger, yet always fail).

Maybe you should work together with N-Mario to adjust the physics of the scrolling or enviroment a little bit more, but so far i heard good things about it, and one thing it make me choose this engine, is the Easy Sweet interface of building the stages and managing the tiles, something that definitively Multimedia Fusion 2 Dint have -u-'

and consideirng i cant play the game, how is the vertical scrolling or the scrolling in general weird?

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: December 13, 2010, 04:37:46 AM
Ok Gatuca, it doesn't look like your card supports the shader model (it's part of directX 8, yours supports 6) but also, you supposedly need XP service pack 3, you only have 2. There's a slight chance (I have no idea) that it could work if you just install the service pack. I don't think I use anything from the shader model so that should be sufficient. But I can't guarantee that.

About the scrolling, there's a weird behavior where during the scrolling the screen jumps up and down. But that seems to be my fault not yours. And what I meant about them being too long is that the joins went through solid rock, not just air.

Keep in mind that the behavior of the environment - the tiles - is up to you in the tile editor. The "push", "resist", and "traction" control how it behaves. Lowering resist makes it so you don't slide on it, like ice. Push makes things conveyors. Low traction makes it hard to start walking from a stop.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: December 14, 2010, 11:41:52 PM
oh i forget, when i open the program, the screen looks like this

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: December 15, 2010, 12:51:25 AM
Ok,that must mean that you have .NET and everything just fine, but the red X is its way of saying you don't support XNA graphics. I didn't make that red X, it must be part of the graphics device control. Sorry.

Offline Tesserex

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 14, 2011, 10:03:17 PM
I just posted a new video with a demo of working Rush Coil and Rush Jet. They are not yet available for download. Someone pointed out the coil doesn't jump you high enough. Oh well. Also, 16 views and already a dislike? Sad.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMkQm0f8Tmc[/youtube]

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: January 14, 2011, 10:46:39 PM
men dont worry about the dislike on the video, this is youtube were are talking about, most likely was just a troll.

As for the engine, it looks amazing, also i heard that you changed the music usage in order to use NSF files, but my question is, shoudl it be separate NSF files for separate songs?.

also is it possible for changing the requirements for running the actual engine, so people with crappy PC can run the whole thing, not just the editors?. :P

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: January 14, 2011, 11:04:02 PM
@Gatuca

Let me explain. We coded a NSF system but it is not coded into the engine right now. It is a seperate app for now. We will eventually work it out.
As for .NSF file thingy, I think ours will be one huge file with both music and sfx in. Worst case scenario is two seperate .NSFs one for music and other for sfx.

As for requirements I don't think it is possible for now.

@Tesserex

We made so major changes after you've gone to work, man. I got around fixing colors into NES palette, and we changes many sprites though we didn't touch Rush Coil or Jet.

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 07:50:06 PM
there is a additional few pixel shift whenever the platform switches direction, not sure if it is intentional, but in most platform games, the player would usually stick to the moving platform all the time. in case u havent notice that or if that is not desired...

Offline Xane

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Filespace
Reply #99 on: March 19, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
It's looking good so far.
I've only noticed two small issues; the pixel shifting after the moving platform switches it's direction and sometimes it shows Megaman's falling animation when moving down while hovering on RushJet.
Other than that, it's pretty solid, good job!

EDIT: Oh, I see you're using FMOD as well. I have written an NSF codec for FMOD for the use in our engine, I guess you've done the same. Pretty nice!