Mega Man 10 stage route.

Da Dood · 4069

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
on: April 09, 2010, 05:53:18 PM
Naturally, there will be SPOILERS in here.

I've been trying to figure out a stage order for MM10. It's really damn hard in this game, there are so many possibilities and I can't seem to find my rhythm with the weapons.

Important: Yes, I know the weakness order, it's not about that. What I do in Mega Man games is figure out a stage order where I can make good use of all weapons within levels. In MM2 through 4 and 9, I can beat pretty much the whole game without ever switching back to the Buster once I collect my first weapon. It's a lot of fun, and I hope I can do this with 10, too.

What's your route?

This is for Mega Man, by the way...

Blade
Must be an early guy. Triple Blade is just too useful. I'm comfortable enough with the weapon to consider it a Buster substitute. It's all about getting close, Shotgun approach.

Nitro
Love crossing his stage with only the Mirror Buster. Literally only ONE enemy in this level will stand in your way with you holding the button and running forward. It's awesome. And with the whole Wheel Cutter frenzy, it's nice to have Mirror to clear the room out of projectiles during the boss fight. So I pretty much don't need anything else here. Early guy, pre-Rush Jet?

Solar
Early temptation. I know his weapon is great at Blade's, but it's hard to resist going through his level with Wheel Cutter in hand, which would make Blade the third boss at least. Can't afford that, must have Triple Blade earlier. And I suck against Solar without the weakness. This one is a thinker.

Strike
Mystery. Triple Blade is good here, but nothing dies fast, seems like I need to stop and hit enemies twice with whatever weapon I have. I hate the stupid buckets and baseball players.

Chill
Another mystery. I know I need Triple Blade to clear the ice fast and Solar Blaze because it's an all around owner there. But I'm not sure what I can do with Chill Spike when I get it. There's Nitro's level, but I was thinking of doing it early to get Wheel Cutter for Solar, who's strong against Chill, and... *breathes* Air Man can't die.

Commando
Currently my last guy. I like his weapon, but I don't use it much during the other 7 levels. Not to mention I use several weapons in his level, and Rush Jet makes my life too easy to pass.

Sheep
Rush Jet here, so he's my fifth guy at least. His weapon is my least favorite, meaning I could just Spark Man him into a last visit, and I would have Commando Bomb for the mini-boss.

Pump
Not really a concern, I can find good fun in his level going early or later. Whatever's more convenient. I am, however, partial to having Triple Blade against him so I can destroy the shield faster, if I don't have Thunder Wool (and since I'm leaving Sheep for later, this is likely to happen).

Think, think...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:12:00 PM
Pump > weakness

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline yanmaoption

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:31 PM

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:27:40 PM
IMO, the preferred stage order heavily changes dependent on difficulty mode and player character.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 09:44:31 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking Mega Man mainly on Normal.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:16:38 AM
I actually end to go to Pump first and sheep second

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 09:17:41 PM
IMO, the preferred stage order heavily changes dependent on difficulty mode and player character.

Mmm, I don't think so. No matter what, Pump seems to be the best to do first. Especially when you're Bass, he can shoot through Water Shield easier than the others.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:47:06 PM
Okay, so Blade then Pump then weakness works very well.

I finished Normal twice with this route. After defeating Pump Man, I didn't use the Buster for the rest of the game. Had every regular enemy's and bosses' weaknesses available. If only I had more Triple Blade energy to kill Pump Man with it, then I wouldn't touch the Buster again after my first level. Maybe shooting through his shield?

Highlights:

- Blade first is definitely a necessity for me. No other weapon can beat a level without forcing me to go back to P at some point. Triple Blade even helps kill bosses faster. This is a great weapon.

- Solar and Chill own Nitro's stage. Solar Blaze gets rid of annoying enemies fast (green cars), and of course Chill Spike deals with the truck segments. I love levels like this, where you only use one or two weapons and it's enough. Ring Man in MM4 is an example. I cross the whole stage with only Rain Flush and Flash Stopper. Feels so rewarding!

- Thank all goodness for W-Tanks.

- I don't think this route needs any change for Hard mode. In Mega Man 9, Super Hero made some real aggressive changes on enemy placement and puzzles, case in point being Galaxy's final stretch. There were completely different enemy types in some levels. MM10 seems to focus the Hard experience on the boss fights, most of the time there are simply more of the same enemies around.

Offline Master ZED

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 03:48:16 AM
Mmm, I don't think so. No matter what, Pump seems to be the best to do first. Especially when you're Bass, he can shoot through Water Shield easier than the others.
Bass is naturally equipped to utterly destroy Chill Man and his stage as-is though (diagonal fire FTW), and Sheep Man's aerial assault isn't capable of standing up to the Bass Buster either (the cloud state doesn't make him invulnerable to anything, it just puts him out of range of the Mega and Proto Busters; Bass can easily shoot Sheep down).  You can definitely make a case for Nitro (just went through as a first stage, not bad at all), and maybe Blade as well.  I think in Bass's case, it's less the bosses that are of concern and more which stages are the fastest from a given starting point.

For Proto Man though, I can only disagree on the point that he can't shoot through the Water Shield at all without getting hit, which he definitely shouldn't be doing in the first place.  I don't know who he should start with, I just don't think Pump's the right choice.

As for Mega Man, no argument here.

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 11:51:05 AM
If it's Megaman or Protoman I start with Pumpman.  Megaman can break down Pump's shield and Proto can gather up a charge shot until Pump is vulnerable.  The water shield is a must have in the early game.  After that I break order and go after Blade Man, since the water shield makes his stage much easier.  Blade himself is easy to buster.

If I'm using Bass I go straight for Blade, then Pump.  The Triple Blade is fairly effective against Pumpman, and easier to hit him with than Thunder Wool.

AntiBunny

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:58 PM

Too bad PumpMan can be a major pain until you get used to the way his water shield is fired. Mind you, I beat his Hard Mode Gold Challenge, but prior to tackling the challenges, I wouldn't have considered Pump a very good first adversary.

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:16:47 AM
I just started playing MM10 last night and went to Pump Man first (was too scared to do Blade Man first because I know he's tricky if you don't know his pattern). I died a few times fighting him but once I beat him, I got one of the best weapons in the game. From there, I took on Solar Man, who dropped like a BRICK to Water Shield.

Water Shield may not be Jewel Sattelite (hey, what is, right?), but it gets the job done.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 01:10:55 AM
Actually, it's Satellite, but yeah...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 01:14:08 AM
I'm one of those people who goes for Sheep Man first and follows the weakness cycle afterwards.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Krazy Monkey

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:03 PM
I always start with Sheep Man's stage, no matter what character I'm playing as, nor the difficulty level. Speaking of a which, I believe I speak for everyone when I say that Strike Man's stage is a realy pain in the hard difficulty setting, especially while playing as Proto Man (for obvious reasons).

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 10:31:48 PM
I just choose a stage at random and roll with it.