The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 389406

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: April 28, 2010, 06:19:33 AM
To me though, MvC2's problem wasn't that it utilized the 4 button system, it was that Capcom didn't really transfer the characters from past games to that system very well.

Yeah, you have a point here. That is the main reason I hated it. I found it incredibly frustrating not having some of the mid specials.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: April 28, 2010, 06:39:39 AM
On that note, while I usually get on the Clone Saga band-wagon for hateration, there's one bit of an ironic point that I just can't ignore.

For better or worse, the Clone Saga's ORIGINAL ending would have served for Petey (the clone) to lose his powers, retire to some place in Montana and live happily ever after with MJ and the Spidey-baby. Ben, meanwhile, would have served as a means to take Spiderman back to a character who was a bachelor, and endure everything that comes from single-life and super hero, as well as the tragedy of a guy who lost out a good few decades' worth of the life he was meant to have. Apparently, THAT wasn't good enough, as the combined bitching of the fanbase wanted and brought PETER back.

So, in the end, we lose a perfectly good guy like Ben, just for Peter to have, among other things, a "failed pregnancy", MJ and Petey to have a marriage on the rocks, Peter to get the revelation that Gwen was [tornado fang]ing NORMAN OSBORN ON THE DL (and had two freaky kids as a result), reveal his secret identity to the world and then make a [tornado fang]ing DEAL WITH THE DEVIL HIMSELF....all for Peter to go back to being a single-guy who lives with Aunt May, all over again.

Was the trip really necessary, if all that was going to happen is some thing akin to the result that yielded from the Clone Saga's original ending, any way? This is why I really loathe Marvel comics right now. It's fundamentally as bad as what they did with Cyclops back in the day. They may have retconned it several times, but that's just to try and make Scottie's act of abandoning his WIFE AND CHILD to pursue his dead girlfriend look better! 8D

Oh, I'll be the first one to say that as terrible as I think the Clone Saga is, I think the Spidey-Mephisto OMD thing was the worst event in comics history.  It was just the climax of about 5-6 years of god awful Spidey writing, and all it showed was that "With Great Power comes ZERO Responsibility."  It's essentially the Midichlorians of Comic Books.  Almost everyone says that after OMD, Spidey has gotten better.  WELL, IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE MUCH WORSE........unless Loeb took a crack at the Web Slinger..... 

Yeah, some of those plots had potential, but they overdid it a bit.

Hell, the title of that was "I Really Really Hate Clones!"  XD

To be fair, as much as I am not a tremendous fan of the 90's Spidey show, I will admit that The Alien Costume 3-parter to end Season 1 was actually very well done and very well written.  After that though, save for a few episodes, it just never really impressed me all that much.  90's X-Men I thought was great until after the 4 parter with the Axis of Time. 

As for final boss on the Marvel level, Annihillus would be one of my picks.  Galactus would be pretty odd, but fun I think too. 

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:00 AM
Hayato better still be in it. All I'm sayin'.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #228 on: April 28, 2010, 09:36:16 AM
WELL, IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE MUCH WORSE........unless Loeb took a crack at the Web Slinger..... 

NEW SPIDER-MAN MOVIE TO BE DIRECTED BY UWE BOLL!

See, it could be worse. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: April 28, 2010, 06:55:55 PM
NEW SPIDER-MAN MOVIE TO BE DIRECTED BY UWE BOLL!

See, it could be worse. :P

Clearly you haven't read Spidey in the past 5-6 years.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #231 on: April 28, 2010, 08:13:18 PM
Sadly, I've never read any Spidey comics... *hides from backlash*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: April 28, 2010, 11:09:22 PM
Sadly, I've never read any Spidey comics... *hides from backlash*

Blues is right on the money, tho. Don't feel too bad though.

It's sad when one can say that Uwe Boll could get the rights to make a Spiderman flick, and it would, at "worst", probably match what's going on in the comics within the last few years. 8D

SERIOUSLY. Uwe Boll could do whatever he wants, and it couldn't be any more off the wall than what happened in the comics, such as Peter having a talk with Queen Spider, and then getting more super powers that way (which he then LOSES after OMD). 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: April 28, 2010, 11:34:04 PM
SERIOUSLY. Uwe Boll could do whatever he wants, and it couldn't be any more off the wall than what happened in the comics, such as Peter having a talk with Queen Spider, and then getting more super powers that way (which he then LOSES after OMD). 8D

Loses? Ben, HE NEVER EVEN USES THOSE POWERS, SAVE FOR MAYBE ONE OR TWO ISSUES.  As soon as Civil War starts, you never see him use those powers again.  Of course, in the case of the stupid Spider Stingers coming out of his arm, that's a good thing.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #234 on: April 28, 2010, 11:55:57 PM
I saw some scans of some weird scene where he's in some rainbow-colored land being wrapped up by a giant spider... wait, he's passed out in the bathtub with pill bottles around him? Yeah, it's weird...

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: April 29, 2010, 01:12:42 AM
Loses? Ben, HE NEVER EVEN USES THOSE POWERS, SAVE FOR MAYBE ONE OR TWO ISSUES.  As soon as Civil War starts, you never see him use those powers again.  Of course, in the case of the stupid Spider Stingers coming out of his arm, that's a good thing.

True, but you can say that they were safely "retconned away" by the time BND started. What happened before was laziness, and was merely an excuse to get Peter to shoot organic webs instead of webshooters proper (a la the films).

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:01 AM
True, but you can say that they were safely "retconned away" by the time BND started. What happened before was laziness, and was merely an excuse to get Peter to shoot organic webs instead of webshooters proper (a la the films).

The organic webbing, the better night vision, the better feeling of the vibrations on the web.....

Allllllllll gone.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: April 29, 2010, 01:42:14 AM
Anybody from Sengoku Basara, Knights of the Round, Final Fight, or Monster Hunters. Or Dudley. I mean, he's Dudley, why the eff not?

Goblin should be in this just for the lulz. Or Scorpion.

Also, Beyonder would be awesome.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #239 on: April 30, 2010, 05:56:22 AM
All valid points.  Believe me, I think it's such a shame that Spectacular Spidey was canceled.  However, I really do think that was the best cartoon version of Spidey there was, in terms of writing and fantastic Spidey-quippage, so I'd love to see him voice MvC3 Spidey, or at the very least the up-incoming Ultimate Spidey cartoon.

Wait, that was officially canceled?  And here I've been holding out for a Season 3.  :'(

That said, I'd say that I'm pretty much on the same page with what Ben has been saying.  6-button would be a much better system IMO, as it tends to give characters more options.  MvC2 caused a lot of characters to lose tools that they had once had, and generally felt more incomplete than the previous games in the series.  TBPH, I liked MvC1 better just because it had a more complete feel; MvC2 pretty much just took every character and plopped them into the game.  Easier commands could be an option, and as Ben said, SFA2 did a wonderful job at it.  TvC's Wiimote is honestly a little unbalanced.  Despite the fact that you can't do advanced stuff with it, players can still spam certain moves that couldn't be spammed normally (HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI!!!).

Also, I'd rather have 2v2 than 3v3.  The latter is just too much happening at once for my tastes.  With 2 on 2, I have an easier time keeping track of what's going on with my team.

Character-wise, I'd like to see Volnutt or another Legends character return, but Sigma would also be nice.  Preferably his pre-virus Hunter variation.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: April 30, 2010, 06:29:03 AM
Seth speaks! :D

Quote from: s-kill
Apr 28, 2010 -- 2:50PM, David wrote:

i've read things saying that its going to have elements from street fighter 4

i've also read that the 3 vs 3 style is coming back...but also read that its going to be completely different from MVC2 as well as different from Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

so of the three, which game would Marvel vs Capcom 3 resemble most in terms of gameplay?

-----------

There's a lot of stuff flying around, but in terms of SFIV, the biggest similarity is simply in terms of using 3D models with a 2D fighting style.

3v3 is back, and as far as "completely different" from MVC2 I would say that is simply not correct.  It ain't.  In terms of gameplay, between SFIV, TVC, and MVC2, MVC3 will by far most resemble MVC2.

best,

Seth

- http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/23252365/so_which_game_will_marvel_vs_capcom_3_more_closely_resemble&post_num=6#411769001

Good to hear. I loved TvC, but MvC3 should definitely play more like its predecessor, and let TvC be its own thing.

Also! Just so it gets mentioned, D.C. Douglas (Wesker's current voice actor) posted the MvC3 trailer on his Facebook and said "just thought I'd post this....no particular reason...."  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:40 AM
YAY!  I can handle 4 buttons!   8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #242 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:57 AM
Your avvy fits your post; are you dancing in happiness? :P

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: April 30, 2010, 07:03:02 PM
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_3_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=marvel+vs+capcom+3&x=0&y=0&sprefix=Marvel+vs.+

*shitjustgotreal.gif*

Any way, if Amazon has it up, chances are, Gamestop isn't too far behind. So if you wanna start pre-ordering now...  owob

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: April 30, 2010, 08:36:33 PM
LoL, I have till 2011, so I can wait.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: May 01, 2010, 07:21:57 AM
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_3_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=marvel+vs+capcom+3&x=0&y=0&sprefix=Marvel+vs.+

*shitjustgotreal.gif*

Any way, if Amazon has it up, chances are, Gamestop isn't too far behind. So if you wanna start pre-ordering now...  owob

Its been up at my store the day after it was announced. I am going to wait til they announce who gets what Pre-order bonus before I order mine.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: May 08, 2010, 05:49:59 AM
The newest issue of Game Informer actually has a nice little reveal on the game itself, including what seems to be actual shots of gameplay.

From GAF

sorry if this is old but i got my new gameinformer today and there is an article on this (haven't read it yet). screenshots look amazing by the way. anyway they confirmed the following characters (showed 9 bios for fighters). anyway i'm sure some (if not all of this) is old news.

chris redfield
the hulk
dante
captain america
felicia

wolverine
morrigan
deadpool
iron man

yep. real info. they looked like gameplay screens to me. very stylized look. i predict many will not be happy. i am not sure how i feel about it yet. i only got to look at that article for about 30 seconds. read deadpool's bio though. interesting stuff about some of his attacks.

[spoiler]his teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam teleport. he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.[/spoiler]

i know that i don't like the way wolvie looks in the shots. too round shouldered or something.

That's about all I can do until scans get online. But thus far, a lot of what I'm reading makes me happy. Especially when it comes to Wade!  XD XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: May 08, 2010, 06:20:16 AM
The bit about Deadpool was much more than enough to hype me XD

Posted on: May 07, 2010, 11:11:10 PM
Also, according to SRK Tatsu control scheme is in. Now please excuse me while I go point and laugh at the haters XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: May 08, 2010, 06:22:22 AM
[parasitic bomb] just got really real.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: May 08, 2010, 06:22:50 AM
Iron Man needs a super where he takes Cap's shield and just uses it to prop himself up!   8D