The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 388535

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2011, 03:52:30 AM
Yeah. I can maybe try again in about 20 minutes or so. Hopefully they'll be done by then.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2011, 04:24:25 AM
Wanna give it one more shot before I head out?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1977 on: March 23, 2011, 04:26:39 AM
Sure, why not. Hopefully it goes better.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1978 on: March 23, 2011, 04:44:41 AM
Behold TEAM MEAT-WALL

Good matches. Lag wasn't too bad, only had spurts near the ends of matches.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:11 AM
How did it go?

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2011, 04:46:25 AM
Behold TEAM MEAT-WALL

Good matches. Lag wasn't too bad, only had spurts near the ends of matches.

The end match lag reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly [tornado fang]'d me over in that 2nd to last match. It would NOT activate the X Factor. That just pissed me off.

Either way though, good matches. Hopefully we can play again when I have FIOS.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1981 on: March 23, 2011, 05:21:42 AM
I'm up for some matches if anyone wants to play.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #1982 on: March 23, 2011, 04:44:31 PM
930PM EST. Anyone down? Work schedule is too demanding for early games.

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1983 on: March 24, 2011, 12:36:56 AM
After pretty much a week of searching for someone 1st Lord or above in ranked that ended in failure, today I found and lost badly to the guy that's #14 in the leaderboards first match I found. Wow, I'd say that was pretty lucky if it wasn't because of the whole "it took a week" part.

I'm up for some matches btw.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1985 on: March 24, 2011, 04:27:51 PM
Personally, I don't think that making a patch this early was a good idea.  Like any other competitive game, there may be a character that may be harder to deal with than usual, but over time people adapt to it and said character becomes easier to deal with over time.  Metagames generally change over time and when you release patches (especially this early) you generally stifle growth and creativity.  Instead of looking for ways to defeat said obstacle you just wait on a patch to make it easier for you.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1986 on: March 24, 2011, 04:52:53 PM
While I don't exactly disagree and think that they overdid it a little with the health nerf, I do think that he did have a little too much health. Yeah, he's a giant robot so he should have more health than most, but not THAT much. Then add the fact that he pretty much gets the best boost from XFactor overall (WHY did anyone think that giving him one of the biggest boosts in damage ON TOP of all the damage he already did was a good idea?). [tornado fang] Sentinel.

Yeah, I can and have dealt with it, not to mention that I AM aware of his actual flaws so no need to tell me about them, but that doesn't change that I think they overdid it with him originally.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1987 on: March 24, 2011, 05:08:12 PM
Oh, I couldn't tell you his flaws if I wanted to, as I don't even own the game (or have even played it for that matter), though there is a nifty video tutorial for that.  I have played many other fighters, though, and I tend to keep tabs on the fighting game community in general.  At any rate, health nerfing isn't a terrible idea in itself, but I agree that they went too far with it.  Instead of taking a little off the top, they went and cut the guy down completely.  He's still a good character, yes, but dropping his health so low (especially after only one month) seems a bit harsh.  It's always good to give the game some time to progress before making changes and all that.

That said, from what I'm hearing MvC3 seems like a pretty incomplete game.  I mean, people are dropping $60 for it and you've still got extra characters to pay for, as well as new modes and all that.  I mean, there were people that complained about MM9/10 having DLC, but for a $10 game it's not that big of a deal.  For a $60 game, that seems to be a bit much IMO.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1988 on: March 24, 2011, 05:32:43 PM
It's their choice to get it or not. If you get it and complain that the characters you pay for is too expensive, then you just proved how much of a sheep you are. If you did not get it, and say "Eh, I don't -need- those characters" then power to you. But at the end of the day, people have the choice to not get Jill or Shuma. (There's a thread for this talk.) Just because there's DLC doesn't mean the game is incomplete. In fact, unless you were on the game development -project- for said game, I just think most people who say it are kinda blowing smoke out of their ass. Soooo no one is holding a gun to anyone elses head and saying "BUY SHUMA OR I'LL BLOW YOUR [tornado fang]ing HEAD OFF!"

But on the topic of Sentinel, I think it gives him more of a balance, look at Phoenix. Over powered and broken like hell, but she has low health to balance that out. How is it okay to have Sentinel--who has armor frames, supers that can be chained easily from OTG moves, and distance spamming with anything -more- then 900,000? If that's not right then Ironman should have armor frames where he is invincible, (Tony's armor is more durable and tougher then any Sentinel) Thor should have it too, as should Captian America's shield -not- lose momentum when he's hit. Honestly, I think it's either that or Sentinel loses the armor frames and the quick speed of his mouth lazers. The move is about making the game more fair and balanced and no one should have to look up videos--ONLINE just to learn how to beat -one- character and base their teams off of beating that one character.

Edit: I think that we're way past the point of saying the game is a bit early for fixing, namely for the fact that I've run across people who've had 3,000+ matches already. But besides that, should they wait a year to fix some problems? Or maybe three years? Or ten when Marvel vs Capcom 4 comes out? (Hehehe....team "Ten more years") It's never "Too early" to fix problems in general. Why wait later? For -everyone- to look online, base their teams on beating one guy, everyone stops using Sentinel and then---they release a patch that makes him weaker? That makes no sense.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1989 on: March 24, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
On Sent's defense (weird I know), he has a huge ass hitbox and not a single safe move, so he's gonna get hit way more often than Phoenix.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1990 on: March 24, 2011, 05:46:41 PM
Which can be true, however that depends on what kind of character are you using? Cause if it's M.O.D.O.K or Doomy...yeah, no. Unleass you plain rush him down (Which can be risky in itself) it's not going to happen. The thing about Phoenix is that if you have a quick-beam super character like Ryu, Akuma or Doomy, you can punish her from a distance and not have to rush her down. Sentinel is more of a case of outsmarting the player and Sentinel's moveset and most "guides" I've seen online revolve around countering the laser more then his armor frame moves.

Edit: Actually, it's pretty accurate. When you think about it anyways. Sentinel's armor is not supposed to be that tough anyways. Black Cat has literally -ripped- her way into one and destroyed it from the inside before. Their armor is weaker and thinner to support mass production. So even from a logical comic standpoint, that's pretty on spot.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1991 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:32 PM
The move is about making the game more fair and balanced and no one should have to look up videos--ONLINE just to learn how to beat -one- character and base their teams off of beating that one character.

If you can use online gaming to play on then there's nothing wrong with using it to get information to beat certain tactics.  The internet is great because it allows you to share and collect information regarding fighting games and such.  Often times a certain strategy may feel downright unbeatable, and then when someone makes a video tutorial it allows the information to be broken down and explained better than if you were going off of nothing outside of sheer trial and error.  The internet's gone a long way of getting strategies out in the open for fighting game players, which allows you to further strategize and prepare.

Edit: I think that we're way past the point of saying the game is a bit early for fixing, namely for the fact that I've run across people who've had 3,000+ matches already. But besides that, should they wait a year to fix some problems? Or maybe three years? Or ten when Marvel vs Capcom 4 comes out? (Hehehe....team "Ten more years") It's never "Too early" to fix problems in general. Why wait later? For -everyone- to look online, base their teams on beating one guy, everyone stops using Sentinel and then---they release a patch that makes him weaker? That makes no sense.

I wasn't thinking anywhere close to a year; two months would have even been a good time span.  And you can't really base time-spans on how many matches some people have played online.  Tournament results are generally a better source for that kind of data, and I hear that Sentinel really hasn't been over-centralizing too much.  Also, you shouldn't really have to base your entire team on beating one guy just to win.  In fighting games, bad matchups exist, and when using certain characters you'll have to work a lot harder to win than you would with others.  It all boils down to how much time you're willing to spend training and learning the game as a whole.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1992 on: March 24, 2011, 06:08:24 PM
Tournament results are generally a better source for that kind of data, and I hear that Sentinel really hasn't been over-centralizing too much.

He may not be winning tourneys, but he sure as hell is the most used character.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1993 on: March 24, 2011, 06:10:04 PM
He may not be winning, but he sure as hell is the most used character.

I was at the PAX East tournament. I'd say 85-90% of the players there were using him.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1994 on: March 24, 2011, 06:34:50 PM
I think the nerf is alright. He needed some sort of drawback. And I'm actually thinking of using Big Poppa Pump more now because of it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1995 on: March 25, 2011, 12:09:00 AM
Oh sure when I post about the nerf no one notices. I blame PB.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1996 on: March 25, 2011, 05:11:09 AM
Well, you didn't notice me posting about it first, so, karma or something >.>

Anyways, people, tomorrow we'll have event mode. Yay.

Anyways, looking for matches.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #1997 on: March 25, 2011, 05:26:35 AM
Well, you didn't notice me posting about it first, so, karma or something >.>

Anyways, people, tomorrow we'll have event mode. Yay.

Anyways, looking for matches.

Quite you! I am trying to blame something on PB. =p

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1998 on: March 25, 2011, 05:28:50 AM
Who says karma didn't cause PB to be responsible for it somehow to screw with you?

...Want some matches?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1999 on: March 25, 2011, 06:18:20 AM
Thanx Ramzal. I never would've found out about Sentinel's nerfage without you!