Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261623

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Mexico?
I don't think anybody, except criminals have 400USD to spend on a games machine.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Preordering it would cost me ~$420.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
$130 USD price cut is yummylicious~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
*looks into his wallet to find...almost nothing*
...one day

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
I don't think anybody, except criminals have 400USD to spend on a games machine.

I am not a criminal

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Actually that's "I am not a crook" but close enough I guess

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
"Friend codes are now specific to each 3DS console, not each game. Exchanging friend codes will allow you to check your friend's list at any time to see who's online and what they're playing."
'Bout [tornado fang]ing time.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
<Your Friend> Is Playing: Ero Mahjong no Boken 3D

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
'Bout [tornado fang]ing time.
The press at all times finding something to complain about (before specs: it's underpowered; after specs: battery life is too short; I can't be the only one who sees a conflict of interest there), I found it interesting that a few editors made negative remarks about the return of codes in any form, even in spite of the evolution to console-based.  They wanted the system to be account-based, identified by username, rather than console-based, identified by code.

And you know what?  I'm GLAD it isn't.  Identifying by username means that if anyone else in the entire freaking world took yours, you're out of luck without attaching some random string of numbers to the end anyway.  As a late PSP adopter I punched in about a dozen different Ultraman and Godzilla references into PSN before finally succumbing to that.

As far as replacing/upgrading units goes, Nintendo already had the foresight to include Wi-Fi ID transfers with the original DS, and they've already stated that there will be DSiWare transfers from DSi/XL to the 3DS.  So there should be no problem there.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Most people here know how, but just in case...

Nintendo 3DS - Preview Event

Nintendo 3DS - First Reactions

Virtual Tour

Nintendo 3DS Game Line-Up

ASPHALT 3D

BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE

DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

Madden NFL Football

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Samurai Warriors Chronicles

Super Monkey Ball 3D

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

Interview with Yoshinori Ono, Capcom

Interview with Yosuke Hayashi, Team Ninja

Interview with Peter Moore,  EA Sports

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
You may want to just link Nintendo's video page, for those with more temperamental computers/browsers.  Google Chrome for some reason didn't like the links you posted.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
You may want to just link Nintendo's video page, for those with more temperamental computers/browsers.  Google Chrome for some reason didn't like the links you posted.

Off topic, but Chrome just loves fluctuating between being the best damn browser ever and being all WTF with everyone lately.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Are you clicking them?

You're supposed to save them. If you want to watch them online, go to the website Nintendo has set up.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile

...and more?!
Augmented Reality cards are on the next page.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
I hope to get mine as early as tomorrow or next week. ^^;;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Personally, I don't see much that I'll use right off the bat; I don't have the eyes for 3D, plus there's no real amazing games to get locally (I'm not a big fan of region locked imports either).

And I still have to get a DSi and DSiWare I want to heave into sometime.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
The 3DS can download DSiWare, Rep, and of course the top slider will let you turn the 3D effect off if it bugs your eyes.

If I were you I'd skip the DSi altogether at this point.  It does absolutely nothing, and plays absolutely nothing, that the 3DS will not (besides homebrew, most likely).  At least if you have a DS phat/Lite, you can strut your Slot 2 stuff.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Ah. Wasn't advised on the DSiWare bit, goooood.
DSi was on the bottom of the list anyway, but by the time I get a 3DS there'll be something cool, i reckon. I'll never get rid of my DSL though, with devices in both slots. :P

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I like my DSi, but as soon as I get the chance I'm trading it in for a 3DS because the thing is pretty much garbage in terms of build Quality, the Shoulder buttons broke twice, The camera suddenly doesn't work and trying to open it crashes the system. and last of all, the internet on it is terrible. Has almost no memory and the slightest amount of images makes it "Cannot display the page as intended."

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I'm a bit late in forwarding this, but IGN posted the actual North America launch-day lineup.

So we knew Nintendo wasn't exactly bringing their A-game, but Pilotwings Resort making launch is good news.  I'm bummed that we have to wait for DoA Dimensions, though.  Bad enough we're lacking a proper "Core" Nintendo game, now we don't even get the Ridley-raking-the-walls-with-my-enemy's-face cameo until two months or so later.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
relevant to the thread

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Drawn at work~

Drawn at home~

You draw these things by placing those Augmented Reality Cards on a table, then go to Graffiti mode and draw whatever you want, and include icons like hearts and stars if you want. Then you control your creation with the Analog Pad and jump and somersault with A button, and take pictures with L or R button. They are like paper figures and they will bounce around. The Graffiti AR Card in 3DS doesn't have a fill tool, so I have to add color with pencils. ^^;;

And this is what games looks like in DS Mode.

Non-stretched mode (hold Start+Select before starting the game).

Default stretched mode

Posted on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:00
Oh, another thing. The Activity Log keeps tracks of every single software, application and games you have played since the first time you start using your 3DS. It even keeps track on normal DS games, how long time you played them, the longest session you have done for the game, and how many times you played the games, first time you played the game on your 3DS and the recent date you played the game.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
I'm jealous, Vix.  Ah well, March 27th will get here soon enough...

Still debating what launch titles I'm going to pick up; currently leaning towards Pilotwings and SSF4 (even though I'm not much of a fighting gamer, I played some SF2 back in the day).