Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261929

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
I, too, have a US version of Monster Hunter Tri though I haven't been on for a while now.

I look forward to finding out what the new Monster Hunter game has to offer. What kind of new monsters and gear will we get? ^_^

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Funny story regarding the mention of leaping from systems: I actually went backwards in the Nintendo heirarchy, as (I'm ashamed to say that) I started with a DSL. I got GBA games and, annoyed with the fit in Slot-2 got a GBA SP, and the same thing happened with GB/C games. It'll never end, since I'm such a sucker with legacy Nintendo gear >w<

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Starfox releasing on July 14 in JP.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/13/starfox_64_3ds_date/

Also, OoT3DS official site, there's not much though.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aqej/index.html

God I need that Zelda image as my wallpaper, can somebody rip it? D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Very nice indeed! June/July is going to be an expensive month for me!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Is it bad that I'm more excited for SF64 than OoT? Yes? Ok. Just checking.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Is it bad that I'm more excited for SF64 than OoT? Yes? Ok. Just checking.

Well we've received good Zelda since OoT. No Star Fox has come close to being as good as 64.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Starfox releasing on July 14 in JP.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/13/starfox_64_3ds_date/

Also, OoT3DS official site, there's not much though.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/aqej/index.html

God I need that Zelda image as my wallpaper, can somebody rip it? D:

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
[youtube]x78G4XsVOZo[/youtube]
We're Star Fox!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Funny story, it was in the HTML. They seemed to have layered the flash on top of it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
More Super Mario 3DS info! RACCOON SUIT HOOOOOOOO!

(Or Tanooki. I'll take either)

Wow. This and the possible Wii 2 announcement... Nintendo is going to dominate E3 once again, that's for sure.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Sweet news.  I'm curious as to how the tail will handle, considering that melee attacks in 3D Mario is pretty much a default feature.

I REALLY hope we see the return of Tanooki and Hammer suits...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Maybe it increases in size as you swing, like his hands and feet did in 64, and gives much better range?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Maybe it increases in size as you swing, like his hands and feet did in 64, and gives much better range?

That's a pretty nifty idea actually.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Sweet news.  I'm curious as to how the tail will handle, considering that melee attacks in 3D Mario is pretty much a default feature.

I REALLY hope we see the return of Tanooki and Hammer suits...

Well, I imagine the tail would have a 360° range, so unless Mario has a spin too in this game that should be enough to make it unique. The extra range idea is nice though.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Well, it's a minor point either way, just fun to think about.  I'm considerably more concerned with whether or not I'll be able to break a Thwomp by dropping a Tanooki-statue on it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
More 3DS related news~

Miyamoto Conference in Paris.

- Nintendo has wrapped up The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D's development. Translations are being tweaked.
- LoZ 3D will run at 30 frames per second on 3DS
- Master Quest mode lets you play in mirror mode
- StarFox 64 3D development is finished
- the game will have the same name in all territories
- Super Mario 3D is still under intensive development.
- Mario Kart 3D will be released this year.
- Super Mario 3D will be a combination of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario 3D will be fully unveiled at E3 2011.
- Super Mario 3D will include a fixed camera system, slightly like the one you saw in Super Mario 64, in which the camera does not move and Mario walks around on the screen
- expect a great level of depth from the game, due to the 3D
- Nintendo is currently experimenting several entirely new 3D concepts
- Miyamoto is testing a game in which the player must discover which object is being displayed by moving it in different ways
- for example, an object that looked like something could prove to be completely different once viewed in a different manner
- the goal for Miyamoto is to use 3D to make the players feel surprised
- Nintendo is also testing a game in which an image is only visible to the left eye, and another image is only visible to the right eye
- Miyamoto would use this original concept for a Ghost game in which the player would not necessarily see what is coming in front of him
- Miyamoto loves ghost stories
- Nintendo is considering a possible connectivity between the Nintendo 3DS and a future home console, where the Nintendo 3DS could be used as a controller
- this, and many other ideas are being tested

Aww, no flageu Lylat Wars? Oh well. ^^;;

And upping the OoT visual rate from 20 to 30 fps is very welcome. x3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Holy hell, Mario Kart 3D this year too? (Which reminds me, we haven't gotten proper gameplay footage of it yet) Good to see that Capcom isn't the only one releasing promising games early in the 3DS lifespan.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
So the new system is practically confirmed?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I think Nintendo has always said they were "working" on the successor, but never specified further than that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Every company is always "working" on a successor, it's just a question of what gets scrapped and what makes it to announcement/release.

And if the Cafe rumors are to be believed, then the 3DS-controller idea sounds good to me.  I mean, really, why the hell not?  That question was in the back of my head ever since the whole controller-with-a-screen thing first came up.  All the 3DS is missing is an extra stick, and some of us barely use those (most intense C-Stick use for me was Command Mission).

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
More info~

- Miyamoto believes the touch screen has really helped the game out, especially in the Water Temple
- 3D in the cut-scenes
- animations had to be reworked
- shooting options in StarFox that take into account your distance from the target and how it moves
- unsure if the Raccoon or Tanooki suit will be in Super Mario 3D, but one will definitely be there
- a second thumb stick was considered for 3DS, but it was decided against. Miyamoto believes gyroscopic controls, if done right, could account for that

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Every company is always "working" on a successor, it's just a question of what gets scrapped and what makes it to announcement/release.

Yes, but Nintendo has been incredibly vague about this one. For instance, they personally said that their next handheld would implement dual screens considerably before it was actually announced publicly. One of the reasons why everyone was anticipating it besides being the offspring of the mighty GBA. I could be wrong, but i believe they hinted at new motion control for the Wii as well.

I mean, i'm pretty sure their at a concrete stance in terms of this new system's processors, (most of at least) capabilities and whatnot. Perhaps their keeping hush because they believe this could be their biggest release yet; who knows.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #649 on: April 25, 2011, 11:44:06 PM
More eShop-related info~

Your Nintendo 3DS delivers awe-inspiring graphics and glasses-free 3D visuals, providing you with the most immersive handheld gaming experience to date. From updated classics to augmented reality to 3D photography, the 3DS delivers a wealth of options that you love. Why not completely expand your 3DS experience with the help of this Nintendo 3DS Cash Card?

Replenish your Nintendo 3DS eWallet with this Nintendo 3DS Cash Card. Get the full multimedia experience on your 3DS with downloadable games, add-on content, 3D video on demand and a new eShop. The new eShop features demos, game trailers, user ratings and previews. Use the funds in your wallet to purchase classic Gameboy and Gameboy Color titles and download them directly to your Nintendo 3DS for some on-the-go nostalgia.

Download De... (mo)

(c) Sky Child~