Waifu · 18535

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 04:24:40 PM
Fine , ill play along. He he play along...

Hm...i should make a Quint team. 8 Robot masters that Quint himself made...yea! Aw this is going to be some fun spriting.  owo

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 04:29:08 PM
Well, that's the nature of the classic series story in general.

The WS game has cutscenes and long bits of dialogue.  They don't have the excuses of the NES era to fall back on.  And early NES era at that.

When a MM game gets outsourced to a different company, you can't really expect it to be magnificently executed, as said company most likely doesn't care about the franchise as much as Inafking does.

You know, I wonder about that.  WS has some good ideas.  I like that they used Tango and Reggae.  I even like that they revisited Quint.  They didn't have to do any of that.  I think they care about Rockman.  I just don't think they did things very well.  That's all.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 04:32:57 PM
Fine , ill play along. He he play along...

Hm...i should make a Quint team. 8 Robot masters that Quint himself made...yea! Aw this is going to be some fun spriting.  owo
Why would Quint make his own RMs? He is a simple combat robot after all

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 04:33:56 PM
Why would Quint make his own RMs? He is a simple combat robot after all

Because he's eeeeeeeeeevil!

His team could be comprised of an turned-evil roll, a turned-evil Beat, and a turned-evil Auto.  Among others.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 04:34:56 PM
With or without pogosticks or similar?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 04:36:51 PM
Hm, that's a good question.

Well, we all know the Sakugarne is a turned-evil Rush.  (not really, but just run with this).  So Maybe a turned evil Roll could have a drill that used to be Beat.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 04:37:34 PM
With or without pogosticks or similar?
Since Quint´s pogostick is half jackhammer, I guess they would have half Kid Vehicles half working tools.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 23, 2010, 04:44:07 PM
Hm, that's a good question.

Well, we all know the Sakugarne is a turned-evil Rush.  (not really, but just run with this).  So Maybe a turned evil Roll could have a drill that used to be Beat.

Hmm, so then there would be a turned-evil Protoman using a turned-evil Tango, a turned-evil Auto using a turned-evil Eddie, and just because, a turned-good Bass using a turned-good Treble trying to stop them.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 23, 2010, 04:45:11 PM
The WS game has cutscenes and long bits of dialogue.  They don't have the excuses of the NES era to fall back on.  And early NES era at that.

There are certain expectations to live up to though, just like R9 and R10 restrict themselves so very much to a NES story despite the extra cutscenes.

a turned-evil Beat, and a turned-evil Auto.

From the future!

Hm...i should make a Quint team. 8 Robot masters that Quint himself made...yea! Aw this is going to be some fun spriting.

Don't forget to paint Quint black and give him a beamsaber mounted on his arm.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 23, 2010, 04:49:22 PM
Interesting concept (if not derivative), I have to say. [eyebrow]

For the reason why he's doing that, it would be because he finally had peace, before Wily came to his time and crushed his hopes and dreams, by stealing and converting him.

Therefore, he wants revenge against Wily (IN THE PAST!), so he converts his friends into his servants and builds 8 RMs, then makes a time machine, for that purpose.

You know, I wonder about that.  WS has some good ideas.  I like that they used Tango and Reggae.  I even like that they revisited Quint.  They didn't have to do any of that.  I think they care about Rockman.  I just don't think they did things very well.  That's all.

Good point, I have to admit. They probably had difficulties trying to make a good MM game on inferior hardware, or something.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:50 PM
There are certain expectations to live up to though, just like R9 and R10 restrict themselves so very much to a NES story despite the extra cutscenes.
I guess you thought the story and all aspects of it was awsome?

I don't get the feeling that WS was restricting themselves in terms of technology or era.  I think they simply told a bad story.  The basic ideas were decent, but the excecution was flawed.  And it's not anything to do with technology.  They can show cutscene pictures and have words on the screen.  The technology is there.  Rather, they just told a bad story.  Good ideas, bad story.

I have no problem with MM9 and 10's storytelling.  But I do with WS's.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 05:25:45 PM
Seems reasonable enough. I mean, how the heck could Rockman Shadow have travelled into the past anyway? He didn't have any time machine, or anything. Not to mention that the RMs are referred to as "The Dimensions", which makes no sense at all.

The version of the story, shown in the MMOCW, makes even LESS sense, by saying that RS and crew live in another dimension. A prototype, for a future weapon, residing in another dimension. Sure, I'd buy that for a dollar. ::)

It's too bad that the story was such a mess, as I kinda liked Dangan/Bullet Man (don't look at me like that -_-).

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:42 PM
I liked Quint. He's my favorite original boss from the Game Boy games. Also, Rockman and Forte (WS) was a horrible game. Maybe that's why he has such a horrible reputation? Is that game even canon?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:37 PM
I guess you thought the story and all aspects of it was awsome?

I thought it was fitting for the classic series.

I mean, how the heck could Rockman Shadow have travelled into the past anyway? He didn't have any time machine, or anything.

Who says he didn't? He's from the future! And Wily's time machine also still existed.

Not to mention that the RMs are referred to as "The Dimensions", which makes no sense at all.

The version of the story, shown in the MMOCW, makes even LESS sense, by saying that RS and crew live in another dimension. A prototype, for a future weapon, residing in another dimension.

Time is a dimension.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:51 PM
The version of the story, shown in the MMOCW, makes even LESS sense, by saying that RS and crew live in another dimension. A prototype, for a future weapon, residing in another dimension. Sure, I'd buy that for a dollar. ::)
OH HA HA OH WOW!
Eggman Nega is from another dimension, while at the same time, he's the descendant of Eggman's from far future.

OH HA HA HA!

You know, I like this. If I ever finish my R&F parody fic, I might do a sequel with WS R&F. : P

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #65 on: March 23, 2010, 05:35:27 PM
I thought it was fitting for the classic series.

We just gotta agree to disagree, then.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: March 23, 2010, 05:43:06 PM
We just gotta agree to disagree, then.

I meant R9 and R10's.

OH HA HA OH WOW!
Eggman Nega is from another dimension, while at the same time, he's the descendant of Eggman's from far future.

Time is a dimension.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 23, 2010, 05:49:00 PM
Who says he didn't? He's from the future! And Wily's time machine also still existed.

Fair enough. Quint might have used the Time Skimmer to go back to the future. RS may have stumbled upon the machine and used it for his own ends.

Time is a dimension.

Well, that shows how much I know. I guess that makes sense. :\

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 23, 2010, 05:51:28 PM
Well, that shows how much I know. I guess that makes sense. :\
Time and space are linked. They're the same thing. That's what time relativity is all about.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 23, 2010, 06:02:24 PM
Time and space are linked. They're the same thing. That's what time relativity is all about.

Ahh, I see now. It's no wonder that when time travel is involved, people would say "time and space". :)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:43 PM
Time is a dimension.
I know that much.
I was just laughing at how similar both of those plots are.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 02:12:03 AM
I don't hate Quint, because I haven't been able to play the GB games yet. God Capcom should had released that GB collection years ago! I don't feel like emulating or hunting them out anytime soon unless I walk with my nose in front of them.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 09:45:21 AM
I think the idea is that Quint doesn't have an all black armor and that Quint wouldn't go around with a new identity.
You mean they made color differences part of the story in a grayscale game?  :|

I seriously didn't expect the "Shadow" name to be literal...

The way I explain it is, Blaze's universe is a "possible future" of Sonic's universe.  One universe got a head start on the other universe, but the exact same events happened in both until people started crossing over between them.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: March 24, 2010, 03:01:24 PM
You mean they made color differences part of the story in a grayscale game?  Sigh

I seriously didn't expect the "Shadow" name to be literal...

The story text emphasizes he's "dark/black" on many occasions. Likewise, his design has several key differences with Quint, and he's not acting under Wily, thus the conclusion given from the get go is that he's not Quint, but rather someone else. This Rockman tells us his name is "Rockman Shadow."

BLUES: That is Rockman Shadow, just like his name, he is your shadow.  As you become stronger it will be the true enemy you face.

R-SHADOW: Didn't you realize it? As you fought with my subordinates... Every time you defeat an enemy, it gets more dangerous for you. I was literally your shadow. Don't drown in power like I did, Rockman. Keep on protecting everyone... Farewell.

ROCKMAN: I understand Shadow... I'll continue my fight from here. I promise I won't misuse my power. Goodbye.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #74 on: March 24, 2010, 05:21:03 PM
I guess when Megaman uses a weapon the Robot Masters suddenly don't recognise him too.  Because of the new weapon and color change.