Mirby · 18008

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
on: March 10, 2010, 11:34:45 PM
Well, I normally use VBA for all my game boy emulation needs, but it doesn't emulate Shantae well at all. Low framerate, missing HUD, and all. The original VisualBoy doesn't even show the sprites. So I'm stuck with this crappy third-rate emulator called Rew, but I'd prefer to use something a bit more... I don't know, good maybe? Anyone got any suggestions, or ways for Shantae to be emulated with VB/VBA?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
BGB

http://bgb.bircd.org

I had to cycle through quite a few Emus before I found a compatible one, myself. This one seems to work just fine and is quite flexible (even though I haven't even hit Water Town...).

EDIT: Where is that sequel? ;_; I bought Mighty Flip Champs today; c'mon, Wayforward, you can do it!

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:58:40 PM
ways for Shantae to be emulated with VB/VBA?

Strangely enough, Shantae doesn't work on VBA 1.7.2., but it runs perfectly fine on VBA 1.6beta2.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 12:02:57 AM
BGB is one of the most accurate emulators for "Game Boy Color" games.
That includes sound emulation and a couple of screen/palette settings too.
Turn OFF GBC LCD Colors.

Another thing to add:

Lameboy DS changes between 48 and 60 fps depending on what happens on-screen. The sound is glitching when you shift between screens.

Goomba Color plays it at 30 fps. This is for those who only have access to a GBA flash cart.

If you want to play/stream it through a TV screen, the best thing is to try VBA GX for the Wii. Plays just fine and you can change the screen setting to fit the original aspect ratio or any kind of stretching you like.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:17:57 AM by VixyNyan »

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:59 AM
I found NO$GMB, but I'll get BGB too and compare. Thanks! Hurrah for zophar.net!

EDIT: NO$GMB is a pain to use, I didn't really like BGB's interface, and the last version of VisualBoy works perfectly soo.... Plobrem solved!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything