Klavier Gavin · 346793

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1450 on: January 02, 2011, 01:36:06 AM
A legit gamestop celebi that lasts for two months? I'm there, after when I get me shinies~

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1451 on: January 14, 2011, 04:56:51 AM
Celebi has been somewhat confirmed by a Pokebeach poster, for Canada at least.

Posted on: 1329:06, 07-01-2011
>>Pignite
>>Haxorus

Good god, run for your lives.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1452 on: January 14, 2011, 05:19:10 AM
I like Pignite.

Offline Cobalt

• has a nice hat
  • Net Navi
  • orange is the new blue
    • View Profile
Reply #1453 on: January 14, 2011, 05:34:23 AM
Yeah, I think Pignite is good. A lot of the names are more clever than I thought.
On the other hand there is Haxorus and Eelektrik.  :\

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1454 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:07 PM
Interesting to note that some of the legendaries actually kept their Japanese names. (Same even for some of the regulars)

Tsunbeaa/Beartic

Not bad, feels a bit trite though.

Shanderaa/Chandelure

I lol'd.  Anyone who knows how dangerous this thing is in competitive Pokemon will no doubt understand that this name is perfect for it.

A couple others stood out for me, like Mandibuzz, Crookodile, Galvantula, Escavalier, Cryogonal, and Vanniluxe.  The names aren't nearly as disappointing as I thought they'd be, you can really tell they did their homework on this one.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1455 on: March 08, 2011, 06:03:10 AM
Whoah, this thing's in the second page?

Anyways, does anyone have a spare event Celebi they want to trade? I can give any of the shiny beast trio, but I imagine everyone has those already >.>

It MUST NOT HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED TO BW AND USED ALREADY, IIRC this gen they programmed the event legents to only activate events once, so no doing your own event and then lending to a friend =/ Besides I want to do the whole Giovanni thing in HG >.>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1456 on: March 08, 2011, 07:19:32 AM
I heard in Pokemon White they give you the Pokemon, but in Pokemon Black you have to steal it from the box. Is this true?

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1457 on: March 08, 2011, 11:16:55 AM
Give/Steal when?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1458 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:18 AM
I heard in Pokemon White they give you the Pokemon, but in Pokemon Black you have to steal it from the box. Is this true?
OH U

Anyway, can anyone tell me... now that it's released in english... is this more interesting than previous games? Is it actually... you know, FUN, instead of being a typical rehash?

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1459 on: March 08, 2011, 08:44:36 PM
my pokemon black friendscode: 0991-0996-1371

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1460 on: March 08, 2011, 11:18:09 PM
Whoah, this thing's in the second page?

Anyways, does anyone have a spare event Celebi they want to trade? I can give any of the shiny beast trio, but I imagine everyone has those already >.>

It MUST NOT HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED TO BW AND USED ALREADY, IIRC this gen they programmed the event legents to only activate events once, so no doing your own event and then lending to a friend =/ Besides I want to do the whole Giovanni thing in HG >.>

I STILL have the second GS Celebi unused sitting in my copy of D/P, but I need to get my WiFi to work for my DS again, right now it's on a revolution.   -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #1461 on: March 10, 2011, 01:37:59 AM
Man, these shaky grass patches are something else.  On one hand, it's easy to get annoyed at the fact that finding anything other than an Audino in one is a rarity in itself.  On the other hand, Audino gives out so much EXP that it's not even funny.  I'm tempted to just start grinding on these things.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1462 on: March 21, 2011, 01:56:31 AM
May I just say that this is my favorite gen ever so far? So creative. Only real negative I have for the games are that fire types that aren't glass cannons or ugly (looking at you Darumaka line) are pretty much nil. Countering that though is Volcarona. [spoiler]HOLY [tornado fang] BUG/FIRE MIX IS GODLIKE[/spoiler]

Also, bump for Celebi & whatnot so I can start up the Zorua/Zoroark shenanigans. I'll post my FC and all that soon.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1463 on: March 21, 2011, 02:27:42 AM
Zoroark was fun. Zorua not so much, aside from getting to choose which Poké Ball to put it in (Luxury Ball FTW!!)

Also, loving it too. Catching all the non-event Legendaries right now. Tricky, but fun.

Managed to catch Zekrom in a Net Ball; that was odd but awesome. And used the Poké Transfer last night; what a pain. My Suicune (that I caught on my own; non-shiny) kept hiding behind a bush. Once you get the hang of it, though, it's pretty easy.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1464 on: March 22, 2011, 03:21:47 AM
May I just say that this is my favorite gen ever so far? So creative. Only real negative I have for the games are that fire types that aren't glass cannons or ugly (looking at you Darumaka line) are pretty much nil. Countering that though is Volcarona. [spoiler]HOLY [tornado fang] BUG/FIRE MIX IS GODLIKE[/spoiler]

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. Honestly, I LOVE the endgame, that was so freaking awesome and had I not been spoiled about it it would've came out of nowhere and been even better.

Also, N > most rivals. Seriously [spoiler] does any other rival provide you with an epic legendary vs legendary battle? No? I thought so.[/spoiler]

Also, still looking for that Celebi and also someone that can help me trade evolve some guys.

Posted on: March 21, 2011, 22:44:44
Well, forget the Celebi, got it already with that GTS website thing I posted a while back. Getting all other event legends while I'm at it >.>

Still need a trading partner though.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1465 on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:48 AM
The hardest part about this game for myself currently is realizing that I really need to keep on top of a lot of things in order to get the most out of the game. The stuff regarding events that I unfortunately missed by not getting SoulSilver earlier is coming back to haunt me. I wants a Zoroark. :(

On another note, anyone else completely curbstomp all of the trainers through the main story only to get stopped up by Ghetis and not even his team really, but just his insane fast Hydregion? Also, anyone else having a hard time finding places to build level until you can handle all the trainers and wild Pokes in the eastern parts of the map? I feel like every other thing hands my ever changing team their asses badly. XD

One final tangent, I'm really trying to run the most diverse team I've ever done in my Pokemon playing run. I have a couple of rules set, basically to get as many dual types as I can on the team, no overlapping types, and (probably the hardest part of this) trying to keep it Unova specific. I think I'm close to caving on the last part though. What I'd like are some suggestions movepool and Pokemon wise on the teams I'm setting up. The ones on the farthest left are the ones I'm running with currently. The team I'm running around with isn't final and is pretty much constantly changing, but having some suggestions to sift through would be fun:

Eelektross/Galvantula (My favorite two electric types in design and function. I love Eel but Galvantula looks like a cool way to get closer to that Team Duality I want to make)
Hydregion (Why oh why isn't Dark Pulse a TM in this one with this Sp. Atk monster?)/Dragonite/Garchomp (No matter what, there will always be a dragon on my team, this is something I've done since realizing Dragonite's majesty in RBY and never looking back afterwards. XD)
Dragonite/Crobat/Lucario/? (Totally out of it with how I want to set up the wildcard member)
Volcarona (Always wanted to run a team with some fun Bug shenanigans and the Sp. Atk helps tons)/Arcanine (OG right here XD)/Typhlosion (See Arcanine)
Carracosta (too slow, need something faster)/Poliwhirl (Fighting type is something I realized I needed badly for synergy after I dropped Scrafty from my team)/Lapras (<3 Ice seriously)/Starmie
Serperior/Exeggutor

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1466 on: March 22, 2011, 06:28:12 AM
Everybody I know had trouble with Hydregion, some mention that Ghetis is the only trainer outside of the battle frontier that EV trained his pokemon.  I've been trying to come up with stategies to go up against this Hydregion, since I'm not there yet since I play pokemon slowly.  

Now I think my permenant team will seem to have a problem with this guy since Ghetis taught this thing 3 moves that are super effective against 5 of my pokemon Emboar, Simisage, Carracosta, Zoroark, and Zekrom since I want to use this thing against N to make it more epic, so the only pokemon that doesn't have this problem is my Unfezant, and I'm sure as heck ain't depending on that to actually defeat that thing at all.  

The only possible solution I see for this is to catch a Meinfoo and evolve it into Meinshoa and replace Unfezant, go back to Wellspring Cave to get TM 47 Low Sweep and teach it to Emboar, Simisage, Zoroark and Meinshao, and keep hitting hime with Low Sweep to lower his speed and then it off with Meinshao's Jumpkick or High Jumpkick if it levels up to 56 at that period with Carracosta acting as backup with Blizzard because I can't get Ice Beam untill after I beat the game and maybe Zekrom though I don't think he will that mauch help.  Do you think this might work?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1467 on: March 22, 2011, 06:30:38 AM
The hardest part about this game for myself currently is realizing that I really need to keep on top of a lot of things in order to get the most out of the game. The stuff regarding events that I unfortunately missed by not getting SoulSilver earlier is coming back to haunt me. I wants a Zoroark. :(

If you have any GenIV game
http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm

The end of your event pokemon problems.

On another note, anyone else completely curbstomp all of the trainers through the main story only to get stopped up by Ghetis and not even his team really, but just his insane fast Hydregion? Also, anyone else having a hard time finding places to build level until you can handle all the trainers and wild Pokes in the eastern parts of the map? I feel like every other thing hands my ever changing team their asses badly. XD

Funny thing, it was the E4 which curbstomped me. Repeatedly. Then when I got to N he did give me a good fight (mostly my fault for doing random [parasitic bomb] with Reshiram allowing Zekrom to kill it though), then I curbstomped (well, kinda, still lost like 2 or 3 pokemon) Ghetsis and his Hydregion (thank you, Dragon Dance Haxorus XD).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1468 on: March 22, 2011, 07:00:12 AM
If you have any GenIV game
http://gts1.ceolbox.net/pkm

The end of your event pokemon problems.

Thank you very much, Now I can get the Shaymin, Arceus, Deoxys, Jirachi, Heatran, Darkrai, and Manaphy I wouldn't be able to get otherwise (I don't own D/P/P. Just SoulSilver.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1469 on: March 22, 2011, 07:50:20 AM
One final tangent, I'm really trying to run the most diverse team I've ever done in my Pokemon playing run. I have a couple of rules set, basically to get as many dual types as I can on the team, no overlapping types, and (probably the hardest part of this) trying to keep it Unova specific. I think I'm close to caving on the last part though. What I'd like are some suggestions movepool and Pokemon wise on the teams I'm setting up. The ones on the farthest left are the ones I'm running with currently. The team I'm running around with isn't final and is pretty much constantly changing, but having some suggestions to sift through would be fun:

Eelektross/Galvantula (My favorite two electric types in design and function. I love Eel but Galvantula looks like a cool way to get closer to that Team Duality I want to make)
Hydregion (Why oh why isn't Dark Pulse a TM in this one with this Sp. Atk monster?)/Dragonite/Garchomp (No matter what, there will always be a dragon on my team, this is something I've done since realizing Dragonite's majesty in RBY and never looking back afterwards. XD)
Dragonite/Crobat/Lucario/? (Totally out of it with how I want to set up the wildcard member)
Volcarona (Always wanted to run a team with some fun Bug shenanigans and the Sp. Atk helps tons)/Arcanine (OG right here XD)/Typhlosion (See Arcanine)
Carracosta (too slow, need something faster)/Poliwhirl (Fighting type is something I realized I needed badly for synergy after I dropped Scrafty from my team)/Lapras (<3 Ice seriously)/Starmie
Serperior/Exeggutor
So this is for the normal game let's see.

If you really want to teach Dark Pulse to Hydregion there is a way but it's a bit complitcated.  In D/P/P or HG/SS teach a Male Gyrados Dark Pulse with the TM then trade it to Black/White and breed it with a female Deino or whatever if you already have one and it can learn Dark Pulse.  Other than that teach it Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Surf, and anything else you want like Attract to mess with people.  Speaking of which I could catch a female Mienfoo and teach it that to mess with Ghetis...why did my team have to be a sausage fest?

Elektross has no weakness thanks to Levitate but the problem is that his main high stats are Attack and Special Attack as second highest rather than speed and plus his strongest electircal physical attack hurts him so it's hard to really exploite his good points so I'd go with Galvantula.  I would teach it Thunder Bolt, Bug Buzz/Signal Beam, Energy Ball for getting the Rock Types, and Volt Switch so that way it can escape the Fire Types and damage them significantly.

For the third I'd go with Lucario since you have Hydregion rather than Dragonite most likely and it has more bite than Crobat. Teach it Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, and Flash Cannon and maybe Heal Pulse if it survives something and needs to heal but it'll be hard since despite the fact it's a steel type it's defense is crappy.

What is up with Volcarona is it a pseudo legendary pokemon or something?  Okay I don't know how much you want to train this thing but if you're not going for 100 teach it Heat Wave/Flamethrower, Silver Wind, Sunny Day and Solar Beam.  But since Gavantula is already a bug type if you go for that I recommend switching to Charizard.

I actually like Carracosta since while is doesn't have speed it's defense is a little high than Metagross albeit with twice the weakness, plus you have a lot of Special Attackers as it is.  Try to get one with the Solid Rock ability since it reduces super effective moves by 25%.  Teach it Aqua Tail, and Earth Quake since it already knows Crunch and then teach it Curse since the speed is so low anyway.

Uh you know I really don't like Executor or Serperior and again you already have a lot of Special Attackers already so I'm going to recommend Torterra for the last one.  I recommend Wood Hammer, Crunch, Earth Quake and Synthesis so it can recover the damage from Wood Hammer and other things.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1470 on: March 22, 2011, 07:02:43 PM
Lots of fun ideas getting tossed around here, thanks Sakura! I didn't actually mean for my team to be balanced around any particular style or methods, I just like having a lot of options. Another thing of note is that I am pretty damn old school with how I develop my teams (i.e. pick favorites, make sure that the Fire, Water, Grass, & Electric types are covered and balance accordingly). I don't really pay attention to EVs nor do I do excessive breeding except for filling Pokedex or having Pokemon with unique/crafty move sets. XD

As it stands though, this is pretty much my standard team that I'd use for the remainder of the game and whatever e-battling shenanigans I get myself into. As it stands here and now, I'm still learning and trying to build accordingly. I'd love to dabble in building something with the current strategies or planning in mind though, which is why your post is pretty helpful to me.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1471 on: March 22, 2011, 07:13:11 PM
I tried to play this game, Black version to be precise. And I couldn't get into it. Which still leaves Blue/Red as the only Pokemon games I played from start to finish. What a shame.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1472 on: March 22, 2011, 07:39:58 PM
Elektross has no weakness thanks to Levitate but the problem is that his main high stats are Attack and Special Attack as second highest rather than speed and plus his strongest electircal physical attack hurts him so it's hard to really exploite his good points so I'd go with Galvantula.  I would teach it Thunder Bolt, Bug Buzz/Signal Beam, Energy Ball for getting the Rock Types, and Volt Switch so that way it can escape the Fire Types and damage them significantly.

I would highly suggest substituting Thunderbolt with Thunder for Galvantula if it has Compoundeyes.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1473 on: March 22, 2011, 07:46:37 PM
I would highly suggest substituting Thunderbolt with Thunder for Galvantula if it has Compoundeyes.
Ah yes I forgot about that, it would be a good idea to do that.

Lots of fun ideas getting tossed around here, thanks Sakura! I didn't actually mean for my team to be balanced around any particular style or methods, I just like having a lot of options. Another thing of note is that I am pretty damn old school with how I develop my teams (i.e. pick favorites, make sure that the Fire, Water, Grass, & Electric types are covered and balance accordingly). I don't really pay attention to EVs nor do I do excessive breeding except for filling Pokedex or having Pokemon with unique/crafty move sets. XD

As it stands though, this is pretty much my standard team that I'd use for the remainder of the game and whatever e-battling shenanigans I get myself into. As it stands here and now, I'm still learning and trying to build accordingly. I'd love to dabble in building something with the current strategies or planning in mind though, which is why your post is pretty helpful to me.
Yeah I figured as much, I pretty much just followed that rule of not having the same type but at the same time not giving you pokemon that are somewhat difficult to raise like Serperior and Volcarona.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1474 on: March 22, 2011, 10:54:56 PM
So I started playing White, because, hell I might as well and no one replied to me in this thread.

So... so far, except improvement in graphics department, I only see same [parasitic bomb] as with all other POKEYMAN games.
Additionally, I just met 'N' and I already don't like him.

"POKEMON SPEAK TO ME THEY TALK THEY WHISPER THINGS TO ME!"

And he talks of liberating Pokemon.

Freeing Pokemon? BULLSHIT! THEY ARE MY SLAVES, I'M NOT FREEING DEM BITCHES!

I hope it gets better later, like, something really [tornado fang]ing awesome will happen. Please?