A New World...

geekgo4 · 4683

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: January 27, 2010, 10:05:18 AM
IN MegaMen X, Zero, and ZX, many Big Bads wanted to end the previous world and create a new world. This also reared it's head in Haruhi Suzumiya.

Many people believe this world has more negativities than positivities. Flawed in every way. Apperantly, people don't like the idea of being evil for fun in real life(don't know, why). Wars were made, lives were lost, hidden evil within humans and animals. Technology is considered disturbing the enviroment, causing pollution. Nature is cruel, urban living is a bit broken down, a history of sins, rivalries, batles, and arguments of practically everything(even non-important things). Basically, a living Hell.

There are peopel that want the world to end. They believe that it will be better than way. Many fictional baddies find their previous world flaw as well. Emotion and souls does not go well for them. The old world needs to go and a new world(in Heaven, Hell, or otherwise) can take its place in order for life to start over. The world needs to... reset... to make room for a new world. A new... utopia?

Does anyone believe a new world could really happen and replace the old one? Would anyone want that?

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:34:05 AM
whoa man like deep

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:24:19 PM

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:24:21 PM
I believe there will come a time when a new world will rise. Evil shall be judged, and those who are good will live in bliss and harmony for eternity. There will be no more tears, only joy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 12:28:49 AM

I dont know what to say to this thread.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:48 AM
Cannot happen, impossible, etc.
Absolute perfection can't exist, really.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:49:13 AM
We don't need a new world, we just need to take better responsibility for our actions and stop being so greedy, selfish, ignorant, etc. I know not everyone is not like this, far from it really, but those that are often seem to have the greatest power and impact on the world. One other thing people don't sem to realize is that if pollution and all that continues, it won't destroy the whole World, just humans and probably a fair few land-dwelling species.

I find it a bit odd to have written that since I consider myself to be quite selfish and ignorant as well.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 01:24:38 AM
This also reared it's head in Haruhi Suzumiya.
Stopped reading there.

Get the heck out with your HARRUHY bullpoop.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:27:32 AM
Calm down, the rest of his post has nothing to do with that

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:28:41 AM
see 12-21-2012; Mayan apocalypse theory...

Seriously though, it's just a way to incorporate the "BEAT THIS GUY AND YOU'LL BE THE SAVIOR OF THE ENTIRE WORLD" plotline.

Also see: Final Fantasy (all main games)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline LightningKitsune

• Repliforce 8th Unit Commander
  • Robot Master
  • Smarter than Springman
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:20 AM
Cyrus got it right.

/pokemon

Quote from: Protoman Blues
Wily was tired of living in Dr. Light's gluttonous, douche shadow.  Rightfully so, too!  He didn't betray Light.  He valiantly, dare I say, HEROICALLY, casted off his shackles and asserted himself to his rightful place, going so far as to bring order to a world of chaos!

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 01:35:29 AM
I'm afraid this is as good as it gets. Horror must exist for bliss to make sense; we need contrast. As for human nature, we are cruel because nature was cruel with us first: if the world wouldn't have wanted to risk it with us it should have treated us better.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 01:49:20 AM
You can't possibly have something without having it's opposite as well. There must be disease for there to be health, there must be shadow for there to be light, there must be death for there to be life, there must be despair for there to be hope, there must be ugliness for there to be beauty, there must be evil for there to be good. As RMX said, we need contrast. Everything has it's opposite; if it didn't, we wouldn't have anything to compare and contrast with. How could we know what healthy was if there was no disease, or darkness with no light, or thing with no antonym of said thing. Fill that last one in with your own examples. The reason these bad guys are the way they are is so they can be the opposite of the good guys.

The only strange exception I can think of is in Golden Sun. That's only because the Wise One's motives are confusing, so one can never be sure if he's helping or hurting.
[spoiler=Ending Spoilers!]Did he make Isaac, Jenna, and Felix fight their transfigured parents and nearly kill them out of spite for them abandoning the task he gave them, or did he do it knowing the Mars Beacon would fully revive them [Kyle and Jenna/Felix's dad being Venus adepts, and the mom being Mars, and Mars and Venus having the symbiotic relationship] and to test them to see if they could keep Alchemy in check? Who knows?[/spoiler]

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:52 AM
I...what?

Then all you'll get is 1984.

Besides I can't thrive in a utopia, I'm gonna [acid burst] somebody off eventually.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 12:16:50 PM

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:58 PM
-_- Perfection and eternal happiness sounds boring.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
By definition you cannot be bored and happy at the same time, I think.

Offline SUIKA

• Robot Master
  • It's a good thing I exist.
    • View Profile
    • IDC
Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 12:26:03 AM
Then does that answer the question or is that you just pointing out that I made an oversight and did not make any sense.

Let's keep in mind that striving towards a perfect world and eternal happiness is a noble endeavor in itself, and one that I think we must all try to attain in our own little way, thought the reality of whatever form that conclusion may take is entirely irrelevant by comparison.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 01:41:48 AM
Utopia will never happen. The very nature of Humanity prevents it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:30:06 PM
I don't know about never, we could remove or reduce our flaws with technology and so change our nature.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 12:54:46 PM
The Endless Cycle of Destruction & Creation.

When there is an End, there is a New beginning.

I can never stop it.

But I can at least try...

To make a Change.

A cycle were innocent lives are not need to be wasted.

Final Strike!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Instead

Let us sacrifice our evil acts & selfish thoughts towards a New and Better World.   owob

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 12:25:47 AM
World Needs to be, and probably will be, by our hand or Mother nature's- reset.