N-Mario · 2371

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
on: January 29, 2010, 07:50:12 PM
According to Nintendo of Japan, seems like they're going to release RockMan 4 on the Wii's VC.

I only hope it's going to be matter of time before the US/EUR gets it on their VC. I'd enjoy playing MM4 on my Wii. :)

Sadly to me, in my opinion, playing MM4 from the anniversary collection (gc) isn't the same as a regular port.

Now, if they can only get 5, and 6 going on there, I'd be one happy player. :)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 08:08:31 PM
Oh, I think 5 and 6 are slowly showing up too. I'm gonna check every Tuesday if it has popped up. ^^

I'm excited~ What a great way to promote Rockman 10 and the earlier ones on VC and Wii Ware.

If any future Rockman game comes for Wii Ware, we might get (the properly-emulated) Rockman 7 later. ;3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 04:04:19 PM
As big a MegaMan fan I am, I'm drawing the line of VC-downloads-I-already-got-as-AC at 3.  Besides the fact that 4-6 are a blur in my head anyway (I really do not play them, or 7, nearly as much as the others), I kind of resent Inafune's rejection of 3 and his rose-colored goggles that somehow give him the idea that 4 is regarded as superior.

Sadly to me, in my opinion, playing MM4 from the anniversary collection (gc) isn't the same as a regular port.
They're not.  Besides the often-bitched control reversal, they're based off of Complete Works (just with the majority of extras stripped out) and not on the actual NES titles (that's why compression was such an issue with the collection, and also why there is no flickering/sound channel interference as there would be on actual NES and VC titles).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 03:13:14 AM
Well, in some ways it was superior...

I think that's a dumb reason not to buy a fun game anyway.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:12 PM
I kind of resent Inafune's rejection of 3 and his rose-colored goggles that somehow give him the idea that 4 is regarded as superior.

I actually think he's pretty spot on. Megaman 3 didn't feel quite the same as the others. It also had some really lame segments, like the Doc Robot Needle Man stage. The mood was very different. It felt darker for some reason. This doesn't make it a BAD game, but it does feel like somewhat of a black sheep. For this reason, some people like it more, because it is different.

There were even portions where you could actually get the game to trap you with no way out, forcing a console reset. That does make it kinda bad in my opinion.

I however don't mind the addition of the slide. I think Inafune didn't like that much. He really seems to push the 'simple gameplay' idea. This is especially evident in Megaman 9. Inafune did seem to like the idea of the charge shot though, from what I've read out of Official Complete Works.

I do like 4 a lot more as well, and generally consider it to be superior. It feels more in line with the feeling of 1 and 2.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 01:42:41 AM
There were even portions where you could actually get the game to trap you with no way out, forcing a console reset. That does make it kinda bad in my opinion.
It's physically possible but EXTREMELY unlikely unless you're doing it on purpose.  Nevertheless I've heard Zan's shpiel on how a few Yashichis here and there would have done the game good.

Hey, it's not as if I'd object to a MM3 Director's Cut or anything... :V

I think that's a dumb reason not to buy a fun game anyway.
I agree.  But I wasn't talking about buying a fun game, I was talking about re-buying a fun game.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 02:46:24 AM
I however don't mind the addition of the slide. I think Inafune didn't like that much. He really seems to push the 'simple gameplay' idea. This is especially evident in Megaman 9. Inafune did seem to like the idea of the charge shot though, from what I've read out of Official Complete Works.
I think a lot of people liked MegaMan 3 for its fast gameplay: Sliding helps you get around quicker and dodge more stuff, but you're not expected to stand around for a few seconds waiting for your gun to charge up.  If Inafking liked the charge shot but not the slide, then his attitude is completely backwards of that.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 08:33:17 AM
Inafune's comments on 3 was that he didn't like it because Capcom rushed him on it.  He kinda has a point on that one; there are many loose ends when you know where and how to look for them.  Plus it was probably not as fun to work on with Capcom breathing down his neck.

I don't think he actually hated the slide or charge.  They stuck around for many, many, many sequels.  But he seems to have wanted to "get back to basics" for a while, even before MM9 as the many releases of 1 should attest to.  With MM4-era mechanics basically used universally save for the first 2 classic games I can see how this might be a way to shake things up and generate a more different game.

I liked MM4 and 5 very much; not quite as much as 3 tho.  4 has it's own share of glitches and problems ... although they managed to clean up the unused graphics better than in 3.