Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 10:31:55 PM

Says hi.

[tornado fang] yeah Phineas & Ferb. XD

I remember actually knocking it for a while because of how similar it looked to other animation out now, but watching that show, I noticed that it's a damn goldmine.. As for this topic, well, I don't really watch much TV lately, but thanks to the OP posting Fanboy & Chumchum, I remembered that I hated it with a passion. It's everything I didn't want to see happen to 3D animation and everything wrong with cartoons after the 90s wrapped into one.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:11 PM
Phineas and Ferb? That show has a platypus secret agent and an Evil germanish scientist! How can a show like that be bad?!  8D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:41:31 AM by Blackhook »

Offline Smiley Emo

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 06:43:11 AM
The last 11 years or so of the Simpsons are just horrible. I don't know why I still watch.

Jay Leno has never been funny. The Jay Leno show not only was horrible television, it is now causing the end of Conan's show, which is one of my favorites.

er chance, Season 1 kind of sucks, but after that it found it's groove and is now among the most consistently funny shows on television. The Christmas special last month was one of the best things that have ever happened.

I had a dream. A dream where I killed all the humans!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 06:47:29 AM
I prefer Letterman Myself.
And I agree, Leno really isnt that funny. He's really lost his touch. He used to be funnier.
Soap operas.
OH GOD... I hate these. they are almost as bad as Telenovelas.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 16, 2010, 06:53:09 AM
Speaking of those, I honestly can't stand them. Ugh. Same goes for each and every live action Disney movie made for Disney Channel.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 08:19:14 AM
I'll just watch Discovery or History Channel instead.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 01:18:59 AM
I prefer Letterman Myself.
And I agree, Leno really isnt that funny. He's really lost his touch. He used to be funnier.
Soap operas.
OH GOD... I hate these. they are almost as bad as Telenovelas.

Isn't Telenovela the same as soap opera, just diff language?

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 01:25:51 AM
Yeah. theyre the spanish equivalent. And yet, for some reason, Soap operas are much worse.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48:39 AM
Possible summary in Soap Operas in 5 seconds:

Rich Family Dilemma unknown to tennage girl > Father goes on rampage > Gets arrested > A series of events occur > Idiot realizes she's been living in a pack of lies > Writer gets a nominee > Gets parodied years later in a cartoon.

Telenovas.. I haven't seen one since G'hata Salva'che. I actually thought that one was mediocer and at LEAST watchable when I was younger.  -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 02:04:08 AM
I remember channel 25, (PBS I think? I dont remember. No, WLIW I think) used to have chinese lessons. they were in the form of little mini episodes bout this American guy living in china or something. They also had asian soaps. One was about this detective samurai or something... I used to watch them with my mom when I was little. lol. XD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 03:26:04 AM
I'm tipping my hat towards Johnny Test, Squidbillies and Tim and Eric, for proving to me that TV Producers will do ANYTHING, as long as it has colors, to get an easy profit. [tornado fang] Flash Animation on Television, its lazy.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 04:34:26 AM
I dislike the Squidbillies, Super Jail, reality shows (Except Amazing Race), and MTV.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 04:56:25 AM
Who remembers "Mucha Lucha" and "Chaotic"?
they are pretty much the epitome of LAZY flash animation cartoons.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 05:12:11 AM
Ugh I hate those shows! But I despised Xiolin or however you say it, showdown.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 05:44:03 AM
Total Drama Island.

Rule34 doesn't even make up for it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 19, 2010, 06:05:12 AM
Ugh I hate those shows! But I despised Xiolin or however you say it, showdown.
Shaolin showdown had a good concept, and wasnt a bad idea. what was bad, was that- and everyone knew it- it was one of those shows that would NEVER end. there would ALWAYS be another shen gong wu. Meh. at least it had it's fair twists and turns to keep it from being TOO monotonous.
if it actually had an ending (that doesnt occur after god knows how many seasons) it might have been better.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 19, 2010, 06:11:13 AM
Yeah, I really liked that show too, I think it ended at an OK point actually. Sure, an actual conclusion wouldn't have hurt though.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 02:56:48 AM
I for one remember it's actual spelling: Xiaolin Showdown. Yeah, nice concept.. but the show would've ended RIGHT at the resealing.. which was a reminder how much I hate shows that drag on and on and on ('cept the Simpsons, because of it's moments)..

And pretty much shows that reuse the concept after it's initial washaway.. and Video Game adaptions gone wrong, RS Megaman and LOZ: TAS anyone?  8D

Though the epitome of LAZY ANIMATION has to be nominated for 6teen.. jeeeeebusssss.. That show is basically the real Blue Harvest: Horror beyond your imagination.. And it's plot -was- so boring I had to pull an M. Bison on it.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 03:04:44 AM
You guys get 6Teen and Total Drama Island/Action as well? Oh jeez.. I should at least hope they don't over-advertise it on the channel like Teletoon.

...speaking of Canadian shows, another that comes to mind is Team Galaxy. It lasted about a week in the States, if I recall.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 04:26:25 AM
Some of the newer power rangers were pretty terrible. (and thats sayin something)
Once they got to like, Magic force or some [parasitic bomb] like that, and they had capes and [parasitic bomb], i said "screw this."

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 06:58:59 AM
I stopped watching Power Rangers after the Shitty Time Force Movie (2nd One I Recall), As in, I stopped watching the show after the old Mighty Morphin' Series.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 01:44:38 PM
I stopped watching Power Rangers after the Shitty Time Force Movie (2nd One I Recall), As in, I stopped watching the show after the old Mighty Morphin' Series.
There was NO Time Force movie. There was only MMPR movie and TURBO movie. The first one was good because IVAN [tornado fang]ing OOZE! The second was pretty meh and boring.

Time Force in itself was [tornado fang]ing great. I loved it. Even more so Sentai Timeranger. Dino Thunder was good too.

Also, the season after that shitty Turbo one, "Power Rangers in Space" was [tornado fang]ing awesome. Since it had first real development in the story, characters and it had some darker elements(like those flashback scenes where Darkonda kidnapped red rangers lil' sis. Or that Astronema, main villain, turned out to be her.)

Rest however, can BURN. BURRRN!

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 07:50:31 PM
American, French and Morroccan shows.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 08:05:29 PM
American, French and Morroccan shows.

You left out some canadian shows dear. those can be pretty terrible.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:41 PM
You left out some canadian shows dear. those can be pretty terrible.
They all are