Rockman Zero Collection Official Website goes live!!

kosmos · 52395

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 16, 2010, 08:51:25 AM
Uuh, the games already have all the Japanese acting in it, save for at least one monologue cut from Zero4.

Which? All I knew was that was removed was the beginning of the ending credits for Z4.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 16, 2010, 08:53:25 AM
Because many people already have X1-6.
And it wouldnt have killed them to fix X6's terrible localization (and maybe not slap us in the face further by removing the voice overs that were optional in the original game itself)
the bonuses were things everyone had really already seen...
and if im not mistaken, werent we promised voice overs and remastered tracks or something?
That was all baseless conjecture by a random blogger... one of the old MMN boys, IIRC. A lot of people bought into it and were furious when none of it came about. Things proposed by this person were:

-X1-X3 to have remastered music tracks.
-X4 to be dubbed by current V.A.'s
-X5 would have had the proper English names of the Mavericks
-X6 would also have English voice acting and cleaned up script.

However, the death knell to all of this comes from Lucas himself. Someone asked him if he was ever called in to do recordings and he pretty much shot that down.

Hell, I was happy enough that X3 was the PS1 version (even if most of the music suffered here) and we got Battle and Chase. Otherwise, it was nice to have all those games in one place.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 16, 2010, 08:56:21 AM
Which? All I knew was that was removed was the beginning of the ending credits for Z4.

Ciel narrated the intro, didn't she?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Emiri Landeel

• M i s s i n g   i n   a c t i o n
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Put your faith in me and I'll show ya.
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 16, 2010, 08:58:20 AM
I came late. And then...

Haha.
When I saw James, all I think is "They got a quick buck for this shitload of [tornado fang]".

MMZ collection might be Capcom's quick buck attempted but the series are far from [parasitic bomb]. 8D

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 16, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Boxes bleed for crying out loud.
[parasitic bomb] was awesome.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 16, 2010, 09:02:00 AM
Ciel narrated the intro, didn't she?

Let me do a quick Youtube research...yes, but I think it was actually Neige, not Ciel.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:40 AM
it was ciel.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: January 16, 2010, 09:08:15 AM
Actually, there is one thing I'd like them to add to the Zero Collection, but more because I just liked the touch when they introduced it.

You know how the Z-Saber cuts bosses in two when its the killing hit? I liked in ZX Advent that they introduced the charged buster being able to pierce enemies like that too. I'd like to see that implemented, though it'd mean drawing up sprites for almost every boss.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:35 AM
it was ciel.

You sure? The "We are one of those groups fleeing from Dr. Weil in our caravan..." line followed by Neige's caravan being attacked made me think otherwise =/

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: January 16, 2010, 09:10:08 AM
sif not recognise Yuko Goto's voice.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #85 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:48 AM
Ciel's voice is lighter...

And other things.
- Ciel screamed "Zero! Zero!" in echo after Zero destroyed Omega in Z3. In English versions, we got Ciel mugshot with text instead.
- The Credits theme in Z4 was Instrumental in English versions.
- Not to mention the talk about repliroids and caravans in Z4 Intro Japanese version too.

EDIT: I found the post I made about Z4 intro in this forum~ </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: January 16, 2010, 01:59:10 PM
This many years later, I'm still trying to understand that line.

Was Omega thinking he was going to conquer the world and whatnot, or was he mocking Zero?

Suzuki (Character Designer): Up till now, we've been answering the questions, but now we have one for the sound team. What you tell us about the speech of Omega's third form?

Yamada (Sound Director): It's "Ware wa messhia nari!" ["I am the messiah!"] It certainly sounds like that "I am God" kind of speech, something a terrorist or anarchist or someone like that would say, doesn't it? I think that's the kind of impression we we're trying to give. It's not the speech by itself alone that holds significance, however, if you could express Omega's brutality and ferocity and everything into one line, that's what it would be, right! By the way, what's the creation story behind the personality of Omega form three?

Yabe (Background Designer): Omega form 3's personality program (cyber-elf), was programmed by Vile to be his messiah. Though, as to Omega form 3's...Original Zero's personality being completely Vile-made, I couldn't say that.

Ito (Series Director): I can't deny the possibility that the original personality that "a certain doctor who tried to take over the world innumerable times" created for Zero was remaining in the body, and that side of the personality having won over.

Yabe: I guess we're entrusting everyone to use their imagination (he laughs).

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:16 PM
because it'd be retarded not to add anything, and the only people who'd buy it already own the four games/have played em to death?
Yeah, its like the Sonic Collection.

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #88 on: January 16, 2010, 05:14:09 PM
Hoo boy.  Just when I'm getting indifferent to the internet, expecting no interesting non-MM10-related news, CoJ strikes!  Many quotes to catch up on.  But for now I'll just say, for reasons of convenience alone I'm sure I'll buy this even with no extras.  But some stuff I would like to see are:

-Remastered Tracks.
-Some alternate unlock method for the Z3 e-Reader stuff (hey, it was all translated already).
-Splash effects; don't have to be "blood red", but they should be there.
-An option to "lock" bosses into their strongest forms, so that (after New Game Plus for the EX Skills, anyway) you can ignore the nonsensical ranking system.  This is most badly needed in Z2 where there is no Ultimate Mode, and thus no way for a fully powered player to fight a fully powered boss.  As a completionist, I've never even seen Elpizo's EX Skill.

I wonder if it will feature any bonus goodies? I mean, if its NDS like ti says, then maybe it will just be No frills, but Id kill to have a remastered version with the remastered tracks music. I mean, the site's using it...
Not the first time a website used remastered versions (see ZX).  The fact that it's being produced in Japan gives me hope, though (if this were a U.S.-made compilation ala MMAC, I'd say probably not, because if they're using the Remastered Tracks some editing will be necessary to ensure that they loop properly).

If they do use the Remastered Tracks then I doubt the sound quality will be all that impressive, since they need to deal with DS filespace limits.  Should be possible, though, so here's hoping.

Lucas: "I am the Messiah!"
I really hope you all appreciate this thoughtful thing he did for us~
I may need to add one of those clips as the opening for Cannonball Hard Revenge. 8)

Hmm... Actually, a change I would welcome, is a hardmode that doesnt revolve around nerfing the player, but just by making everything ELSE harder. That's something that Inti just can't seem to wrap their heads around.
So incredibly true.  Their ranking system is no better, since you are punished for using upgrades, bosses are effectively nerfed in response to you growing more powerful.  It makes no sense whatsoever.

Lucas, you are awesome. But you already knew that.
Here's hoping.  Either way, it never hurts to remind him.

You ROCK, Lucas!!

Will never happen because it is representive of blood, which is a nono for a game series that carries an E rating and will never carry anything higher. Also to be frank, it's a completely unnecessary cosmetic feature of the series that goes overboard a few times. Boxes bleed for crying out loud.

Don't give that "more mature" crap, either.
They can always recolor it for ZX's "spark" appearance rather than removing it outright, though.  I agree it doesn't mean all that much, it just sucks to have the finer touches omitted.

That said, you're wrong about the ratings.  Advent got an E-10.

one of the old MMN boys, IIRC.
Jaxel, I believe.

However, the death knell to all of this comes from Lucas himself. Someone asked him if he was ever called in to do recordings and he pretty much shot that down.
In all fairness Lucas did admit that VAs are often the last people to hear about such things.  Lucas confirms that no Zero-recording took place, doesn't mean that plans couldn't have been scrapped before they reached him.  However it does confirm that any reports of X4 alterations being undone are false.

In fact there was another "undone" claim that I spotted as completely baseless in MMN's reports on XC long ago.  After XC's release, they sited XC-X6's Sentsuizan description as evidence that control alterations were made and later undone.  The problem is, that description is absolutely identical to the PS1 version.

The only thing about XC that has me raising an eyebrow is that the X1/X2 SNES music is streamed rather than emulated (you can tell in that it doesn't properly loop).  You can't tell me that the GCN cannot emulate the SNES SPU.  Given that, the idea of them considering a soundtrack swap ala the PS2 MMAC seems conceivable.

I was just happy to play XC on GCN and smite all the people who claimed that the GCN controller could not possibly be used for an X-series game (these days I take it a step further and play SNES games using a Wii remote alone).  And having the PS1 X3 was awesome, even if the SNES version is arguably superior on the sound end, it was great to get my hands on a version of the game that previously never made it to the U.S.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: January 16, 2010, 05:32:33 PM
Personally, I dont think concept art is the best thing. ZOCW already has all of it- If anything, remastered stills and cutscenes. (Nakayama's work is great, bit I loved the more polished stills from Zero 3 and 4)
the guy doing stills from Z 4 wasn't Nakayama, and he sucked horribly. I remember the art for Neige, it was horrible.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: January 16, 2010, 07:02:51 PM

Yep.

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: January 16, 2010, 07:54:58 PM
That is great!, But I'm still waiting for a new Rockman X ( retro style)  :\

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: January 16, 2010, 08:16:57 PM
That said, you're wrong about the ratings.  Advent got an E-10.

Oops. Didn't realize that. Probably because there's next to no difference between E and E10 anyway. What did ZXA have that would be unappropriate for those under the age of 10?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: January 16, 2010, 08:49:44 PM

Yep.

I had This one in mind, but it's the same.

Offline blackbeltdude

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: January 16, 2010, 09:10:28 PM
What are you talking about? The removal of a silly little blood splatter effect suddenly makes the games less good?

From a gameplay perspective, no. From overall polish and presentation; I would say it's certainly weaker than it's Japanese counterpart. I defiantly think it's a cool effect in the ZX series (albeit yellow).

Uuh, the games already have all the Japanese acting in it, save for at least one monologue cut from Zero4.

Will never happen because it is representive of blood, which is a nono for a game series that carries an E rating and will never carry anything higher. Also to be frank, it's a completely unnecessary cosmetic feature of the series that goes overboard a few times. Boxes bleed for crying out loud.

Don't give that "more mature" crap, either.

I'm pretty sure the US versions didn't have the VA in it. If they did, then cool, I hope they keep it in (I played some of 1 and all of 2 and heard none; I only played the Japanese versions of 3 and 4). :P Either way, I'm talking mainly about what I want to see the localization of the collection. But hell, I guess it wouldn't be that hard to actually dub the game; Lucas would totally rock the game.

The Zero series could totally get away with E 10+ or T (consider that Smash Bros carries a T). Plus, this is a collection of all the games; I would expect them to keep them as faithful as possible. It's for the fans in the same way the last two collections were.

I'd love to hear them replace the stage music with remastered tracks, but I don't see it happening... I think they'll do what they did for the last collections, and just have them as unlockable goodies to listen to in a gallery.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18:49 PM
All the Voice acting the Zero series had was Ciel's Huff Huff! in Z1.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #96 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:17 AM
And combat yells.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: January 17, 2010, 01:05:07 AM
Yeah. that too. Oh, and that bit in Z3 where she screams.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: January 17, 2010, 01:25:48 AM
From a gameplay perspective, no. From overall polish and presentation; I would say it's certainly weaker than it's Japanese counterpart. I defiantly think it's a cool effect in the ZX series (albeit yellow).

The Zero series could totally get away with E 10+ or T (consider that Smash Bros carries a T). Plus, this is a collection of all the games; I would expect them to keep them as faithful as possible. It's for the fans in the same way the last two collections were.

You know what, though?

Given how censorship has been kicked up a notch in Japan in these last few years, I wouldn't be surprised if the "blood" was taken out of the JP originals, either.

If they wanted to keep Rockman Zero in the "safe" CERO A or B range, more than likely, the juice will have to be either taken out, or just made into sparks, like they did in ZX.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: January 17, 2010, 01:27:56 AM
I wouldnt mind it being yellow like ZX. it's a very satisfying effect either way.
And I agree that if they could add the Buster thing where it pierces the enemy, that WOULD be awesome. (not holding my breath though.)