Metroid Discussion Thread

LightningKitsune · 138252

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #475 on: August 17, 2010, 01:11:05 AM
Why not hype up the art as well as the story, huh?
Im guessing they just want the player to experience everything for the first time when they play. not have the beauty of the scenery spoiled by trailers.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #476 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:48 AM
Well I think I will purchase and enjoy Other M.

To be honest... At first, I didn't really want the game, Now I do. >.>;

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #477 on: August 17, 2010, 01:29:38 AM
I'm certainly more excited for Other M now than I was before.  Visuals are looking better, as are the wider variety of environments.  Confirmation of actual Varia helps, too.

Im curious.
Sheep Man's stage.  I was walking along the floor where the higher route requires disappearing block jumping, and an Easy-Mode block unexpectedly appeared over my head during a jump, sending me down into a pit.

Use a goddamn Classic Controller then so you don't have to contort your goddamn hand to avoid the goddamn B button.
With the full and sole exception of SNES titles, if I wanted to use the Classic controller, I'd use the GCN controller.  Regardless, NES-style Wii remote not working properly in NES-style MegaMan game is pretty hard to excuse.  They couldn't use A and Minus?

Or just, you know, teach yourself not to do it. If you have enough goddamn hand control to move a goddamn Wiimote and goddamn Nunchuk at the same time in goddamn Godzilla, you should have enough goddamn hand control to not push a goddamn button.
I never said I couldn't do it, I said it's annoying.  As I already stated in my previous post I have not neglected MM10 in spite of those annoyances.

And Godzilla's not that difficult.  Not if you're already used to Rabbid dancing.  Which apparently the majority of the gaming press is not.  Control issues with Godzilla were over after the second or third stage.  Control issues with MM10 persist after the second or third playthrough.  Still a fun game, still better level design than 9.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #478 on: August 17, 2010, 01:40:52 AM
I actually watched Vixy stream it on her Justin.TV channel, and it looked horrendous, with her complaining about the controls at times during her live stream, dying due to limited shitty controls.

O^O Wha? Huh?

Wow.  Just, wow.  I never knew that Vix sucked that badly.

That's because I didn't suck at all.

23. (Friday) Rockman X2: Soul Eraser (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06)

PB please, this isn't funny anymore. Stop embarrassing yourself. =3=
Don't use myself as bait into thinking I suck at a game that I really love so dearly.

Please say you're sorry. O^O

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: August 17, 2010, 01:42:26 AM
Never once in Xtreme2 will you cancel out of a support unit because some moron decided to leave the weapon switch on the back side of your controller.  Neither so will you ever dash directly into a pit because of some inexplicable game-enforced dash-jump lag.  That's two counts on which MM10's controls are a LOT shittier than Xtreme2's, and you don't see me boycotting that game.

And never forget the Ultimate Buster.  It's like RMRM Blues, except in a game that doesn't otherwise suck.

.....it's classic MegaMan. Why would you even use the weapon switch button on the back of the WiiMote instead of just pausing and selecting your weapon......or for that matter, not use the Classic Controller, GCN, or the even more awesome Classic Controller Pro if that were even an issue?  Hey, what a novel idea.....controller options!  XD

LoL, and why bring up a weapon which I know nothing about, you know, being that I haven't played the game, nor said weapon having anything to do with the controls?

Also, Save your breath Hyper- He is clearly bent on never playing it for the dash controls meaning a lack of Dash wall kick meaning he cant play it how he likes to, and because Lou thought it was as shitty as Xtreme 1. (although that is a comparison that really deserves a magical fish /Zee uppercut)

Hahaha. You should know full well that nerds do not know how to save their breath!

I don't doubt it, but I get bored.

Seeee!  8D

Just to reiterate what Flame said, Lou is wrong.  Period.  Whether you like Xtreme2 and whether it is superior to Xtreme1 are two different questions.  Xtreme1 has no air-dash (which adds a LOT; with proper momentum it makes dash-wall-kicking obsolete) and uses Select as a dash button, which is completely senseless.

And yet again, who's opinion do you think I value more? Go on, guess?  8)

What value is there in the controls that redundant saber skills seek?

Fish Fang, FTW.

Beats me. I didn't play a whole lot of the game. Bumpy bus rides meant lots of GBA deaths with platformers, so I never got around to it! Hopefully the train ride is smooth coming home from my trip this week, so I can play my newly bought Zero Collection.

You must really hate Hyper Dash.

*in The Most Interesting Man In The World Voice*

I have no idea what this is!

And uh....Xtreme1 has an auto-dash-wall-kick.  Not my idea of a good upgrade, but I'm just saying, it's there.

Auto meaning I can't control it. Bravo! XD

Wow.  Just, wow.  I never knew that Vix sucked that badly.  And this is coming from somebody who found a unique way to die on MM10's Easy Mode, for God's sake.

If you're going to blame an Xtreme2 death on something, you could at least blame it on the screen size.  Anybody who honestly got killed by Xtreme2's control setup, well, I can't imagine how the Zero series doesn't eat them alive.

Perhaps she was complaining about the screen size, or the fact that it was on an emulato.....wait, you died on Easy Mode in MM10?  How is that even possible?

So- ironically, theres more chance of PB playing Xtreme 1, other the one of the two which is actually good?

Also, may I add, in the Xtreme titles, X at least- seems faster than on the SNES, even without the dash. His normal walking speed alone has GOT to be at least 1 percent faster than usual. which makes dashing alone something not exactly necessary.

Clearly, there's no chance! I'm actually loving the fact that you two keep trying! It's hilarious! XD

Well I think I will purchase and enjoy Other M.

I'm hoping that Nintendo World has some kind of cool Metroid: Other M launch event that I can go to when I pick up my game. I gotta say, even though I'm not the hugest Metroid fan, like the majority of people in the thread...

I still kinda want this every time I walk into Nintendo World. What's dangerous is that I can "technically" afford it right now too!  8D

O^O Wha? Huh?

That's because I didn't suck at all.

PB please, this isn't funny anymore. Stop embarrassing yourself. =3=
Don't use myself as bait into thinking I suck at a game that I really love so dearly.

Please say you're sorry. O^O

Perhaps I was mistaken in what I saw and saw you type, so my apologies! Heh, it's not like I can prove it anyway! XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #480 on: August 17, 2010, 01:50:08 AM
I might have known you slandering Vix's gameplay.

*UPPERCUT!!*

Why would you even use the weapon switch button on the back of the WiiMote instead of just pausing and selecting your weapon......
You wouldn't.  Did you not gather from my post that I was referring to an unintentional button press?  That's what happens when large hands hold the Wii remote sideways, B button gets in the way easily.

In a way, the fact that nostalgia demands you NOT use it kind of compounds the problem.  If you don't use the B button for anything, the need to avoid it gets more forgettable.  Until you cancel out of a Jet/Treble Boost, anyway.

LoL, and why bring up a weapon which I know nothing about
I figured you wouldn't, but I don't really care.  If you think I'm honestly trying to change your mind, think again.  I say again, I just get bored. :P

You haven't played X5 or X6 either?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: August 17, 2010, 01:53:30 AM
You wouldn't.  Did you not gather from my post that I was referring to an unintentional button press?  That's what happens when large hands hold the Wii remote sideways, B button gets in the way easily.

.......I have large hands and that's never been an issue with me.  I mean, unless you have hands like A-Rod or a basketball player, then maybe! XD

I figured you wouldn't, but I don't really care.  If you think I'm honestly trying to change your mind, think again.  I say again, I just get bored. :P

Which is why I always love bringing this up. It's hilarious!  8)

You haven't played X5 or X6 either?

X5 yes. X6 no.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: August 17, 2010, 01:56:36 AM
LoL, and why bring up a weapon which I know nothing about, you know, being that I haven't played the game, nor said weapon having anything to do with the controls?

*in The Most Interesting Man In The World Voice*

You seem to have missed X6.

I dont remember if X5 had Hyper Dash though...

EDIT:
God damn you people typing faster than me.

X5 yes. X6 no.
Ever plan on playing X6? Or is that also on your list of "too stubborn to play"?

And yet again, who's opinion do you think I value more? Go on, guess?
The one who has no freaking idea what hes talking about when he says Xtreme 2 is "just as shitty" as Xtreme 1?
BTW, might wanna fix your quotes up there.

Clearly, there's no chance! I'm actually loving the fact that you two keep trying! It's hilarious!
Well, you cant blame us for trying.
After all,
Hahaha. You should know full well that nerds do not know how to save their breath!
8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #483 on: August 17, 2010, 02:05:18 AM
.......I have large hands and that's never been an issue with me.  I mean, unless you have hands like A-Rod or a basketball player, then maybe! XD
If you're playing MM10 with the Classic/Pro controller, it damn well shouldn't be.  And there's no other game I can recall where that was a problem.

X5 yes. X6 no.
Blame the game's anti-completionist Part layout, then.

Ever plan on playing X6? Or is that also on your list of "too stubborn to play"?
Oh, if he's not playing Xtreme2, I sincerely doubt he will play X6.  I love X6 to death, but it is not a user-friendly game.  I often refer to it as being to X what Lost Levels is to Mario.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:05 AM

Got nothing against X6. It fell into the Legends category of "games I never got a chance to play due to not owning system" phase. I'll get around to it one day.

The one who has no freaking idea what hes talking about when he says Xtreme 2 is "just as shitty" as Xtreme 1?

LoL, bingo!

Also, you keep misreading. I said "pretty much just as shitty." The "pretty much" part denotes that while not thinking Xtreme 2 was worse than Xtreme 1, he still hated it. Next time I bring it up, I'll say "almost just as shitty!" Will that help?   8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: August 17, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
Got nothing against X6. It fell into the Legends category of "games I never got a chance to play due to not owning system" phase.

What, don't tell me you didn't even have a GC/PS2 for X Collection :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: August 17, 2010, 02:17:43 AM
Eh... while Xtreme 2 is indeed a more solid game than the first, saying it controls like the home console games is taking it a bit too far. I prefer having a separate button for dashing, and I found the slide motion to get in the way from time to time.

Anywho, I'm honestly looking forward to Other M quite a bit. I get the impression it's going to be more linear than what I'd prefer, but that said it still looks fun.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
Well, if it's less linear than Fusion, it's already an improvement.

I'm anticipating it a lot more now than I was early on, although I still find one or two things questionable.  But with the sheer amount of EFFORT they're putting into it, I can't NOT want it.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: August 17, 2010, 02:39:32 AM
Got nothing against X6. It fell into the Legends category of "games I never got a chance to play due to not owning system" phase. I'll get around to it one day.
I'll rephrase:  He may eventually play X6, but I doubt he will stay with it past 20% completion.

Next time I bring it up, I'll say "almost just as shitty!" Will that help?   8D
It might. 8D

Eh... while Xtreme 2 is indeed a more solid game than the first, saying it controls like the home console games is taking it a bit too far.
I wouldn't say it controls "like" them, per se, but I would say that the benefits of proper air-dash momentum far outweigh the negatives.  More so than a dash button, I'd say that Zero could use another attack button.  Using the pause menu to ground-punch is a slight inconvenience.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #489 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:08 AM
Now now, everyone, behave and let's have some non-locked thread fun, okies? :3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nl5vKBDn4g[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #490 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:56 AM
That figure is Other M's launch day reward? That figure is gorgeous.

A side note, less argue, more Other M talk.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29:04 AM
What, don't tell me you didn't even have a GC/PS2 for X Collection :P

Well by then I already had a PS2 and immediately went and bought the game for the collection.

X4 & X5 I first played over at Lou's house, due to my lack of a PS1! That X5 Devil story is still one of my all time faves! XD

I'll rephrase:  He may eventually play X6, but I doubt he will stay with it past 20% completion.

If it has a Dash Button and plays like X4 & X5, I shouldn't have a problem with it! I mean, it's not like X games are hard!  8)

Now now, everyone, behave and let's have some non-locked thread fun, okies? :3

But I can still post in locked threads!   8D

Actually, I will happily end it here, since I won't even be able to read the responses till next Monday night, most likely. PB is ON VACATION!  0v0

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #492 on: August 17, 2010, 05:39:23 AM
Where will we get our sexcellence? D:

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: August 17, 2010, 09:14:51 AM
dammit, calm down on the Megaman X talk!!!

i'm even drunk for Craipstar's sake.  Dammit.

Anyways

apparently there will be some big media thing going on...mainly in Europe, such as commercials before movies in theatres, and naturally on tvs and so on an so forth.

I can imagine the same for the US.  Hopefully I see something before I see the Expendables.

edit:

Also

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: August 17, 2010, 03:26:50 PM
That would be a first, videogame advertisements before movies in theaters...

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #495 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:47 PM
Well, Sin and Punishment 2 has a quick commercial (same one from TVs) before even the trailers start in Canadian theatres.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #496 on: August 17, 2010, 08:26:32 PM
Really?  Huh.  Guess I'm not seeing enough movies.

Also.... is that supposed to be Samus having a flashback of K2-L?

The Other Side

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: August 17, 2010, 08:29:02 PM
Damn, That pic reminds me, a Metroid Movie would be so cool.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: August 18, 2010, 10:13:41 AM
it's apparently a snapshot someone took when seeing the commercial/ad at gametrailers (it's not there anymore, I guess GT did a mistake).

Yeah, it's a flashback of K2-L.

I can only wonder how much of Samus' background will be shown in Other M.  I know not every Metroid fan is aware of the Manga's events.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #499 on: August 18, 2010, 10:18:17 AM
I'm not...

Anywhere I can find this manga to make myself aware?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything