LightningKitsune · 138241

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #375 on: August 07, 2010, 05:26:32 AM
I just think it's worth considering that in four re-appearances the only game to offer such functionality is the same game that had Luigi doing a Dark Hold drunken hobo dance.  I don't see the Zero Suit as ever having a tactical function.  It has only ever been presented as what Samus wears underneath the Power Suit; we could possibly assume it is an anchoring point for the Power Suit, but that's pretty much it.  If Samus honestly intended to go into any suitless action, there's no reason she couldn't do so in casual dress (Zero Mission itself depicts such in one of its ending images).  The Zero Suit, by itself, has no function.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: August 07, 2010, 05:42:27 AM
The Zero Suit, by itself, has no function.
We don't know that yet.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: August 07, 2010, 07:12:27 AM
Zero Suit should offer some kind of functionality.

... Jiggle physics?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:04 AM
We don't know that yet.
May I point out that whole section in Zero Mission that the suit originated from? It was clearly meant to be a restrictive segment. Admittedly this is Team Ninja so anything could happen I suppose, but I doubt much will change aside from the heels.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: August 07, 2010, 12:28:20 PM
May I point out that whole section in Zero Mission that the suit originated from? It was clearly meant to be a restrictive segment. Admittedly this is Team Ninja so anything could happen I suppose, but I doubt much will change aside from the heels.
Three points are worthy.

- This is Team Ninja
- People want to play a section with unarmoured hot Samus
- This is TEAM NINJA 8D

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: August 07, 2010, 02:20:03 PM
Other M isn't entirely done by Team Ninja alone.

In case someone forgets.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: August 07, 2010, 03:14:02 PM
I know, it's a collaboration.

...it's still Team Ninja. They're gonna stick boobs in there somehow, even if it's on Mother Brain's ass.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: August 07, 2010, 07:18:16 PM
You say that like Nintendo didn't do the same thing in Brawl.  Have you ever LOOKED at Samus's suitless model?

BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: August 07, 2010, 08:05:04 PM
Not to mention she doesnt have her brawl rack in Prime 2 and 3 when we see her suitless.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: August 07, 2010, 09:35:59 PM
You say that like Nintendo didn't do the same thing in Brawl.  Have you ever LOOKED at Samus's suitless model?

BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY BOINGY
Of course. Why do you think Team Ninja accepted making this game in the first place? They see whoring her as a CHALLENGE.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: August 08, 2010, 02:02:33 AM
Touché.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: August 08, 2010, 02:29:13 AM
"Hold A and shake Wii remote repeatedly while in Zero Suit, for breast jiggling physics."

you heard it here first! 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: August 08, 2010, 03:38:30 AM
"Hold A and shake Wii remote repeatedly while in Zero Suit, for breast jiggling physics."

you heard it here first! 8D
I hope there's a way to pinch her butt by reaching out with the wiimote. =P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #388 on: August 09, 2010, 07:01:06 PM
Indeed, but would her ass-pinch-revenge-death-slap be able to match Roll Caskett's?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:51 AM
aside from the usual, "I must make a boob physic joke on Team Ninja and UGH I hate those new heels on ZSS" thingie everyone seems to love doing despite having some imagination into some technological thought into how heels can be made into not so much a nuisance (hell, Bayonetta had heels of some sort).

Anyways, I REALLY hope those 'golden space pirates' right before ya face Ridley in Super Metroid appear in this game.  I'd love to see how that battle will go.  Especially the finisher~

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:51 AM
Throw in the black pirates from Zero Mission and we got ourselves a fight.

Samus may very well keep those heels for when the fourth Smash Bros. comes around. And it won't impact her gameplay any.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: August 10, 2010, 09:17:50 AM
Samus may very well keep those heels for when the fourth Smash Bros. comes around. And it won't impact her gameplay any.

LMAO! Yes exactly!!!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: August 10, 2010, 11:17:32 AM
LMAO! Yes exactly!!!
We don't know yet. Suited Samus in Brawl pretty much might as well be playing in heels. =P

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: August 11, 2010, 04:14:47 AM
Random thing I just noticed. In Zero Mission, you can collect the Wave Beam before the Ice Beam. But when you do, your shots are blue as if you do have the Ice Beam. I wonder why the game was never coded with a properly colored Wave Beam. It's not like you have to do some crazy game-breaking sequence break to do it. Nothing leading to the Wave Beam requires Ice Beam. Hell, nothing requires Ice Beam, except for killing Metroids.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: August 11, 2010, 04:36:47 AM
Random thing I just noticed. In Zero Mission, you can collect the Wave Beam before the Ice Beam. But when you do, your shots are blue as if you do have the Ice Beam. I wonder why the game was never coded with a properly colored Wave Beam. It's not like you have to do some crazy game-breaking sequence break to do it. Nothing leading to the Wave Beam requires Ice Beam. Hell, nothing requires Ice Beam, except for killing Metroids.

I was frustrated as hell when I accidentally went all the way to Tourian, Sequence breaking my way down there (I had as little as the Wave Beam, Charge Beam, Varia Suit, and the rest of the required stuff EXCEPT for the Ice Beam. With 2-3 Energy Tanks.) Then I went back and got it. Couldn't beat Mother Brain anyway. What was really funny though is that I skipped out on the long beam, making things slightly more difficult. But I actually enjoyed playing without it. The charge effects were actually different, which I found neat. Which surprises me in that they didn't code in a normal Wave beam.

But what would've been really nice? Being able to turn off the Add-ons like in Super. That was awesome.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: August 12, 2010, 08:04:45 AM
A new Iwata asks Interview!
or rather, the japanese Iwata asks interview is now translated

Read read!!!

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: August 13, 2010, 01:57:38 AM
But what would've been really nice? Being able to turn off the Add-ons like in Super. That was awesome.
I agree. I loved being able to turn off the power-ups in Super Metroid. I wish other Metroid games did that.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: August 13, 2010, 10:11:39 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3umNOJy_c[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: August 13, 2010, 10:41:21 PM
That was awesome. I love how they mixed the CG scenes with the final battle gameplay/movie thing

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: August 13, 2010, 10:50:03 PM
That was awesome. I love how they mixed the CG scenes with the final battle gameplay/movie thing

Agreed. That was a really nice touch.

Am i the only one who thinks Samus' voice fits perfectly? I was skeptical before about having her speak in this game period.