ZX borrows plot elements from Neon Genesis Evangelion

Thanatos-Zero · 16665

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
on: December 31, 2009, 04:56:40 PM
Knowledge from NGE and ZX is required for the understanding of that topic, so if you have none, inform yourself before reading said topic.

Although we have talked about this in some topics before I still like to talk about it.

After my playthrough with ZX and ZXA, I have watched NGE and EoE.
Soon I noticed that Albert´s plan isn´t that so different from SEELE´s Idea of the "Human Instrumentally Project".
Albert refered that Model V contains the worlds consciousness, which can be referd to the Chamber of Guf where all souls originated.
In the Jewish mysticism, it is told that god once intended for humanity a supernatural being Adam, but he sinned so we are devoted to live in a form of flesh and blood. In the Kabbala each human soul is said to be a fragment of that supernatual being.
All what Albert seeks is to become this being and to revert (reset) the world back in its primeordinal state, only to create new life.

In NGE there are the Eggs of Life, The White Moon of Adam and the Black Moon of Lilth. Both of them are Chambers of Guf. Lilith´s the humanity and Adam´s of the angels.
Although Model V and the Eggs are similiar, Model V is artifical and hadn´t a perfect soul from the beginning, but a fragment.

In a manner we can also see similiarities between the Eva-Unit´s and the Models. Each had a Chosen One or Children which could make use of their powers.
Interresting to note is it, that SEELE needs a weakminded Children for the Instrumantality, while Model V overtakes such weakminded individuals.

Here in short  the similarities.

The Game of Destiny - The Human Instrumentaly Project
The Models* - The "Eva" Units
The Chosen Ones - The Children
Model V* - The Black Moon and "Adam"

* Ciel´s Models are creted from Model V as basis. Eva was created from one of Adams´s Ribs.

Now I would like to know, what your thoughts are to this topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
My real concern is about this is how the sequel of Rockman ZXA will be affected by these elements in my article. Will it follow a similar scenario that of End of Evangelion or will we see something entirely different?
Model V serves well as a new Chamber of Guf and in my opinium we will face a opponent which will put Redips and Albert combined into its shadows.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:44:21 PM by Thanatos-Zero »

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:33:21 PM
Okay.
I now officially hate ZX and ZXA.

Thanks.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:32:36 PM
I think its more a "typical" Angelic seraphic pose. Meant to look awesome.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:45:37 PM
Okay.
I now officially hate ZX and ZXA.

Thanks.

There's many reasons to hate Evangelion, the aforementioned similarities aren't any of them. You can start hating ZX when it presents us a wussy protagonists and when it becomes needlessly confusing by an overuse of theatrical religious references.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 07:08:56 PM
ZX/ZXA is basically one of those stories that uses identical plot elements, same with NGE/EoE. They are not that diffrent, like Mario and Sonic both try to save something from an evil that has plauged them for awhile.

Sort of speak, religion is referenced in anime where intended. along with games.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 07:12:44 PM
Another reason why I don´t intend to watch that show....I had enough with Nadia

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 07:15:38 PM
Yeah. Yeah, Albert's plan is to turn humanity into a hivemind. That's totally it. That's totally what model V does to people.
And having chosen ones gain powers? That just proves it. Because it's not like that hasn't happened in fiction before like a billion times.

Thanatos do you think you could make just one thread that isn't [parasitic bomb]?

PS Evangelion is awesome because the OP song is cool stop making fun of it guys please. :(

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 07:20:15 PM
lol Japan 8D

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 08:25:07 PM
There's many reasons to hate Evangelion, the aforementioned similarities aren't any of them. You can start hating ZX when it presents us a wussy protagonists and needless confused by an overuse of theatrical religious references..
You're actually quite right.
Thanks Zan, you saved ZX series from my wrath.
: >

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
Its too easy to make parallels to Evangelion.

I just noticed... Thanatos-Zero.... Thanatos is the name of a song in NGE... 8U Should've saw this coming at one point.

PS Evangelion is awesome because the OP song is cool stop making fun of it guys please. :(

No, its not awesome, its more along the lines of "Really [tornado fang]ing Awesome".

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 09:01:04 PM
An awesome opening doesn´t make the show awesome

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 09:13:01 PM
I still like it.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 09:40:17 PM
Thanatos do you think you could make just one thread that isn't [parasitic bomb]?
What? I thought it is about how I execute the idea of a new topic.  Anyway I have done some threads which aren't [parasitic bomb] at all.

There's many reasons to hate Evangelion, the aforementioned similarities aren't any of them. You can start hating ZX when it presents us a wussy protagonists and needless confused by an overuse of theatrical religious references..
You hate Evangelion? Too bad.... I actually enjoyed it from the beginning to the very end.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 10:00:24 PM
You hate Evangelion? Too bad.... I actually enjoyed it from the beginning to the very end.
Tell me...
Did you enjoy it because it's so DEEP and has GREAT CHARACTERS?

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 10:02:44 PM
evatoodeep.jpg

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 10:40:31 PM

I do not hate Evangelion, in fact, I considered it an enjoyable series myself. However, that does not take away that I can see why many others wouldn't enjoy it; what was then considered innovative also reeks of bad execution.

All in all, the series does a deliberately bad job at explaining itself, moving quite slowly before going into a deranged mind [tornado fang] scenario, whilst covering itself in needless Christianity references and all the way having an angst filled main character who deliberately inverts everything that normally makes a main character. Yes, the very things that make Evangelion famous are exactly the same things that makes it infamous.

ZX carries many of the same concepts, but carries its execution in such a manner that vague foreshadowing, symbolism and mind [tornado fang] do not needlessly detract your attention from the facts, which all in all makes it a more easier to understand despite being similar.

Evangelion is just an acquired taste, is all. Some like it, some don't. Just the way it is.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 11:01:07 PM
The only good thing about Evangelion was that one Scene With Rei in the Finale........ 8D

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 11:01:44 PM
The only good thing about Evangelion was that one Scene With Rei in the Finale........ 8D

...uh...doesn't she fall apart in the finale? Literally?

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 11:03:17 PM
...uh...doesn't she fall apart in the finale? Literally?
no not that scene...the one where they're in the real world and Shinji Bumps into her...that's the scene.
THE SERIES FINALE...ok just to be clear.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 12:04:16 AM
no not that scene...the one where they're in the real world and Shinji Bumps into her...that's the scene.
THE SERIES FINALE...ok just to be clear.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the part right before the very end of the movie. With Shinji, and Rei.... And Kaworu. Before Rei falls apart. You know what scene I'm talking about.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 01:39:00 AM
I'm surprised you didn't mention the part right before the very end of the movie. With Shinji, and Rei.... And Kaworu. Before Rei falls apart. You know what scene I'm talking about.
Never Seen the Movie....The Series only..

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 04:08:22 AM
Get equipped with movies.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 04:24:15 AM
Get equipped with movies.
Thanks Doc...But i think the only Episode i've been thinking bout was The Finale....

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 05:56:21 PM
Tell me...
Did you enjoy it because it's so DEEP and has GREAT CHARACTERS?

Yes, just because of that reason that the characters are mental handicaped makes the story so much more interresting. The weaker they are, the more human they will be.
If you can´t sympathise with Shinji, you don´t even know how it is to be alone or to be hurted mentally. Yes, Shinji is coward, but he has also shown courage. He didn´t pilot EVA 01 because of his father, but for Rei.
The story with all these Jewelish and Christianity elements doubles the fun and mindfuck (delicious), especially the presentation was so fantastic I cried.

Too bad that Hideaki didn´t continue the story of End of Evangelion.

Now about what I question me about ZX3. Will we meet a similiar scenario or a conclusion like that of EoE in ZX3?

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 06:03:29 PM
Yes, just because of that reason that the characters are mental handicaped makes the story so much more interresting. The weaker they are, the more human they will be.
If you can´t sympathise with Shinji, you don´t even know how it is to be alone or to be hurted mentally. Yes, Shinji is coward, but he has also shown courage. He didn´t pilot EVA 01 because of his father, but for Rei.
The story with all these Jewelish and Christianity elements doubles the fun and mindfuck (delicious), especially the presentation was so fantastic I cried.

Too bad that Hideaki didn´t continue the story of End of Evangelion.

Now about what I question me about ZX3. Will we meet a similiar scenario or a conclosion like that of EoE in ZX3?
Highly Unlikely,Because they said ZX3 Would Be a Prequel at the most....-_- Don't ask how me how i know this stuff..i just know.