The MMX Offical Complete works is out.

Jetfire · 12732

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: December 30, 2009, 11:02:29 PM
I have it in my possession and I must say that it is...

terrible. I could not find one bit of vital information that we did not already know, and I found no commentary about the reorganization of the hunter units, how Zero was ressurrected, or anything of that nature. In fact I got LESS information from this thing than I did from the files that Servebot 40 translated years ago.

The most you get is commentary on design features. None of the mavericks have their profile like the MMZOCW did. I am quite angry right now.

So where did we get the info about the reorganization of the hunter units after X7? Its not here!! This book is as about as useful as Dr. Kevorkian at a pro-life rally. It has some things like a shout out to the "date" between Iris and Zero in the Rockman X1-6 music booklet, but nothing useful!!!

Is my copy missing some pages?!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:08:05 PM
Uh, Mr. Jetfire?

It's an artbook. The stuff you're looking for would be in an info book.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:21 PM
*Sips tea*
So is the art there any good?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
Its about the concept art, not the story, Jet.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:19:41 PM
Its about the concept art, not the story, Jet.

Exactly!

I love me some concept art!

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:21:44 PM
I just expected it to have the same info as MMZOCW did.

The art is okay, but not a GIANT leap from what we have on file.

Seriously though, where did all that info come from about reorganization of hunter units after X7?!

This book is useless.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:23:17 PM
Servebot 40

Servbot20.

after X7?

After X5.

MMX Offical Complete works

Is not the same thing as Compendium of RockmanX.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:24:17 PM
This book is useless.

No, I'm sure it makes good referencing material, art-wise. >.>

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
Is not the same thing as Compendium of RockmanX.

Do we have a translation date on this one?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 11:30:27 PM
Do we have a translation date on this one?

Never.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:54 PM
Okay I did find SOMETHING of interest.

On Pg 112 in the concept art, it says Storm Owl was a friend of Storm Eagle and hates X for Killing him. He also hated Chill Penguin because someone once confused him with a penguin.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 11:49:35 PM
Doesnt surprise me frankly.
Storm Eagle, and Storm Owl? I think we ALL made that connection when we played X4.
Never.
what do you mean?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:18 PM
He just means it's Japan Only.

Okay I did find SOMETHING of interest.

On Pg 112 in the concept art, it says Storm Owl was a friend of Storm Eagle and hates X for Killing him. He also hated Chill Penguin because someone once confused him with a penguin.

I knew that after playing Xt2 for the first time the Repliforce and Maverick Hunters were allies sometime before X4.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 12:10:04 AM
Well for a while now, R20 was japan only as well. So were all the other things Udon is releasing. Who knows. If sales go well with these things, They might bring more Megaman books.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 08:51:16 AM
One more thing I found. Inafune mentions that it was his intention from the beginning to emplement the Wily Connection. In the Maverick boss symbol which looks like a skull, it was meant to look like a cobra with a "W" shape within.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:19 AM
I can't facepalm enough at this thread...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 03:02:23 PM
I love how he says theres no info, then starts talking about the info hes found.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 03:11:39 PM
Well for a while now, R20 was japan only as well. So were all the other things Udon is releasing. Who knows. If sales go well with these things, They might bring more Megaman books.

The compendium is a considerably older book. It covers up to X7, and a fraction of XCM, which it even excludes from the official timeline. Udon's current release practice is to translate the latest and most complete books. Hence their focus on the Complete Works.

I just expected it to have the same info as MMZOCW did.

Thing is, MMZOCW is the sole sourcebook of the ZERO-series. It therefore attempts to be both an artbook and an infobook. MMOCW and MMXOCW are different in that they're originally a single whole, for series that have dozens of other books to elaborate on their story. It is from those other books that the likes of Servbot20, HeatMan, Delta, FireMan, Auto and MarshmallowMan get their info.

As both MMOCW and MMXOCW have already been released in Japan, and the scans made their way past the internet; the exact content of both books was already known, and it is with a little bit of research that you could have realized they were not about the story, but about the development process.

The art is okay, but not a GIANT leap from what we have on file.

For the more unique pieces of art, we only have them on file BECAUSE people already had their hands on the Japanese book.

Seriously though, where did all that info come from about reorganization of hunter units after X7?!

The reorganization of the Hunters after X5 is that the the large losses they suffered in the earth crisis caused the units to be disbanded. From X6 to XCM, X and Zero are no longer commanders of their respective units, always listed as "former" commanders. With X also retiring from the front lines in X7, a large gap remained to be filled up by Red Alert.

Offline Jetfire

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 12:17:15 AM
I love how he says theres no info, then starts talking about the info hes found.

Good shot at my expense sir!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 12:41:33 AM
Why thank you.
I try.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 06:41:19 AM
I got MMOCW and MMXOCW today, and even though there isn't a whole lot of plot-relevant info, I do like all the behind-the-scenes snippits throughout (Inafune has this, "I tried to focus more on my duties as Producer, but told everyone not to touch Zero" attitude during X2-X4).  Bearing in mind that in Japan these are the same book, the main "series developer shout-out to the fans" section is in MMOCW, and is only two pages long.  Both books have a single page of brief character descriptions.

Here and there are a few things that are nice to have clarification on.  For instance, SB20's info from the old sourcebooks mentions Iris falling for Zero and Zero saving her life in the same sentence, leaving a possible implication that the two happened at once.  Even though you can gather opposing implications from the X1-6 OST art (and even X4's own flashbacks), MMXOCW clarifies, stating directly that Iris developed feelings for Zero during the Erasure incidents.

Speaking of Iris, we also get a bit of Sensei's personal opinion on the concept of Reploid aging, as he mentions that he was deliberately trying to make Iris look younger for Xtreme2.  That includes her being less "physically developed".

Curious info about Berkana, as well.  She's a member of a Reploid research & development team, and has allegedly created her own Reploids, but none were publicly revealed.  And remember that unseen lion from Xtreme2 art?  Despite the likeness to Sigma's final body, the big cat is actually supposed to belong to Gareth.  They just never figured out a way for him to appear in-game.

Oh yeah, and X?  He wasn't Inafune's second-design for the new MegaMan; Inafune in fact did not design him at all.  Credit for that goes to Hayato Kaji.  Inafune did, however, make the call for X to be the new MegaMan and Zero to be support.  Although he did envision Zero as a playable character, he figured his boss would be less critical of Zero as a sub-character (being red I guess got you stuck in that spot back then).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 07:11:30 AM
THOSE DAMN SOURCEBOOKS ARE IN THAT E-BOOKSTORE THAT IMPORTS [parasitic bomb] FROM AMERICA!
BUT THEY'RE EXPENSIVE... I mean, REALLY.

: <

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 05:27:59 PM
Which one?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 05:54:31 PM
Well, On Amazon theyre much cheaper then at B&N or Borders, so i'll see if I can get my folks to get it for me and they I pay them for it. >_>;

Also, I always figured Reploids the likes of that Lion and the tank were Berkana Reploids. Sort of. I never really gave the lino much thought. I never really even realized he wasnt in the game, lol. I was just like, "Huh... Neat Lion..."

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 08:46:16 PM
For now U.S. Amazon looks like the only reasonable option for Poland. In one of our e-shops prices are ridiculous, and the other one orders from Amazon and takes additional 25%. And then, there's another one with free importing and shipping, but they don't have those 2 books yet.
*sigh...*