Loose ends and plot holes

Silver · 11024

Offline Silver

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: December 28, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
So anyone who has played one or two EXE games knows that it is full of loose ends and plot holes. So I wanna know what loose ends or plot holes you've found in the series. You can also post characters who you think should have returned, but you have to give a reason why.
For me the loose ends I've noticed were:
-Zero.EXE not returning, Capcom set him up for a reappearance but nothing came of it.
-Serenade not returning, Capcom said that Serenade would return but they never brought him back...
-Dr. Regal after EXE 5, so he's good now, yay happy happy, but what happened to him? Is there anything in place to prevent him from remembering his past? Has he done anything good? I mean some explanation would have been nice.
-Sean, the way he was set up it seemed to me like he'd become a part of Lan's group, and while I'm glad he came back in EXE 3 I still think that there was more Capcom wanted to do with him...
-Dr. Cossak, he is the inventor of Bass... We know he didn't die because Tora said that he would recover, and after all the crap Bass goes through with Megaman they never brought him back?! Not even in the last game.

Plot holes:
-Mr. Match, okay while I don't dislike him it makes zero sense that he was able to become a teacher's assistance. I mean granted giving him second chance after EXE 1 was alright, BUT he has committed arson three different times, I'm sorry but I'd think no school would hire him >>;
-Wily in EXE 5 then 6. Okay so he makes his son better and not so evil, then he turns around and tries to destroy the earth again. That makes no sense.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:14:54 AM
Hey what was the deal with how Meggerman teleported into Lannetto's room at the end of 1?  Is the Matrix inside another Matrix?

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 09:33:43 PM
-Wily in EXE 5 then 6. Okay so he makes his son better and not so evil, then he turns around and tries to destroy the earth again. That makes no sense.

How does that NOT make sense? Haven't you been paying attention? Dr.Wily always turns on those he helps.
Seriously, what kind of Megaman have you been playing all these years :P

Serenade should have been brought back, he/she was hot.

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:06 PM
The fact that you said, "he/she was hot" worries me, Elpis. Anyways, I think the reason Regal isn't in EXE6 is because there's no SciLab in EXE6. Thus you don't encounter him.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 01:42:58 AM
Where did the SciLab go?  How does it keep moving around?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 03:13:33 AM
Well, my two cents about that was..

-SciLab was origionally intended to be a neighboring compound to WaterWorks, until after the events of EXE4 where they needed a much needed larger compound for thier continueous researches.

- It would also be that the building was also used to track the comet that the alien navi "Duo" was stored in, along with net police for the fact that they (the Net Police and the Net Police HQ) were overrun with Nebula agents at the time before they became known by many in EXE5.

- In the anime and manga, SciLab is a completely diffrent compound all together, with roles that differ than the games.

- EXE6 had Lan/Netto in a new setting (and in a new location), therefore he had no time for SciLab visits during the cybeast crisis.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 03:52:19 AM
-verbiage-
You're assuming capcom know how to write, stop that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 08:18:07 PM
I DO wish Zero EXE came back. He had a nifty design. (and a very clever use of a "0" with a strike through it as his symbol)
I agree on Cossack though. He only shows up once? thats messed up. I would have liked seeing more interaction between Bass and Cossack.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:56:47 PM
Where did the SciLab go?  How does it keep moving around?

The easy explanation would be that there are many branches of SciLab throughout the country.

I DO wish Zero EXE came back. He had a nifty design. (and a very clever use of a "0" with a strike through it as his symbol)
I agree on Cossack though. He only shows up once? thats messed up. I would have liked seeing more interaction between Bass and Cossack.

Well, not much he can do when his creation is stuck being a statue at the bottom of the Undernet is there?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 11:13:02 PM
What exactly happened there? I never fought Bass GXultimateomega whatever letter combo they gave him this time. Last I remember, there were those tombstone things in the Graveyard past the undernet, where you fight Bass for the last time in the exe series and he gives up or something.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 11:26:13 PM
In 4 he's a statue in the Undernet, in 5 I think it was just a copy of Bass in the Nebula Hole and the real one tests your strength if you're using Bass Cross, and in 6 you fight him once in the Undernet and another time after he absorbs Greiga/Falzer in the Graveyard area where he explodes and is never seen again.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 05:14:11 PM
They ruined Bass after EXE3.
He was the Mewtwo of Battle Network, the damned human-hating king of the hill.
They wonderfully developed his character in EXE3. He was manipulated by Wily, interacted with Cossack, absorbed by Alpha, fused with Gospel and became amnesiac and [tornado fang]ing awesome but still in-character.

After that he was that overpowered junkie you fought at the end of every secret area with no personality whatsoever.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 09:03:04 PM
He really should have had more in story relevance. It actually made him more than just that junkie.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 09:48:42 PM
i dont even have to read this thread to know it's ridiculous

squemp

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 05:03:28 AM
They ruined Bass after EXE3.

I hated the changes they made to his fighting style as well; I missed the Air Burst and that nice sound effect it had.  The dark attacks he had in BN4-5 weren't all that interesting IMO. At least with BN6 he actually used a few battle chips, making it look like he just used the Get Ability program on some unfortunate navis who came across him.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Tempo

• Yellow Lancer
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 09:04:06 AM
I like how even though SciLab moves, Dr. Hikari's office looks the same :P

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 05:00:52 PM
SciLab doesn't move. It's the same SciLab in EVERY game it appears in. They just showed new parts of the same SciLab at times. I believe some of you are actually confusing NAXA for SciLab.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 10:50:24 PM
Okay, but I still don't get how Dr. Hikari's office ended up with a longer hall with a new elevator and windows where the reception desk used to be, and a door to the Mother Computer where the old elevator used to be.  That's some major remodeling there!

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 10:53:49 PM
Ask Zelda.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 11:00:07 PM
and Castlevania

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 11:58:54 PM
they didn't tell me anything

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 07:05:17 AM
Bass was done so much more justice in the EXE manga.  He even upstaged some of the endgame bosses in that one and literally resurrected himself with the power of his own hatred.  That's pretty hardcore.

I have a theory about Match.  I think he's a pyromaniac who periodically goes off his meds.  Off his meds he's an arsonist.  On his meds he's an ally who just likes fire themed Navis.

I think Dr. Wily did what he did with Regal, strictly because Wily wanted to be the villain again, and Regal did villainy so much better.  Most of Wily's plots tend to involve some small scale attacks that are practically pranks, such as messing up the drive system of a bus, or having Lan's dad arrested, and in doing so often reveals his big plot that would have gone unnoticed otherwise.

Regal on the other hand staged a military takeover of the net, that had to be won back inch by inch, and almost collapsed civilization entirely, just by revealing what bastards humans really are.

AntiBunny

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 07:58:38 AM
>plot holes
>megaman series

squemp

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 08:02:51 AM
You're assuming capcom know how to write, stop that.
derp.