CyberXIII · 5591

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
on: December 16, 2009, 04:52:19 AM
I'm confused about something.

Sigma, in X3, says that he's going to infect X and use his body to take over the world, etc.

Now, someone, I don't know who, said that X was immune to the virus's effects due to technically not being a Reploid.   This was never stated in the games, though.

.....Am I missing something here?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:40 PM
Well, I'd guess Sigma didn't know about this back in X3. X can't be infected with the Sigma Virus in X5. He takes damage from being exposed to too much, but he doesn't become infected.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 03:12:53 PM
I think X's viral immunity is a subject of much debate. Sigma certainly seemed to believe it was somehow possible, but he hasn't succeeded yet.

Let's just say that it's theoretically possible, it's something that's very, very, very hard to do.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:36:51 PM
Maybe while X is immune the virus, he CAN be outright possessed by Sigma if he tried, and X was weakened. I mean, if Megamission is any indication, its more than possible for X to become possessed. He was under the thrall of the Limited, wasnt he?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:05:30 AM
I thought that was the Replicapture armour that those three blokes clamped on him.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:12:29 AM
While X's viral immunity is a very hazy topic, I can't imagine possessing him, even if possible at all, would be remotely as easy as Sigma thinks during X3's ending.  I would chalk it up to sheer ignorance of X's ability, as even by X3 many baddies are still surprised by his power.  This includes Doppler and Byte.  X may have won the respect of his fellow Hunters after X1 but I don't think his enemies really acknowledged his abilities until X4/Xtreme2.  Up until X3 X still carried the negative stigma of being "ancient".

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:27:31 AM
I thought that was the Replicapture armour that those three blokes clamped on him.
My memory of Megamission gets hazy, since the manga is sliiightly different than the cards. (Cards have Replicapture armor put on him, Mangas have an iX alternate persona form in him which occasionally causes him to go into bouts of mindless killing.)
Either way, he WAS under the Inflence of the Limited, be it the Replicapture, or the iX alternate persona.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 12:52:25 AM
Replicapture was MegaMission2. X's mental battle with X was solely Ariga's MegaMission1 adaption. Though the negative effects of the Limited on X have been noted in the card, referring moreso to the abnormal changes of the Limited in his body.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 01:30:22 AM
While X's viral immunity is a very hazy topic, I can't imagine possessing him, even if possible at all, would be remotely as easy as Sigma thinks during X3's ending.  I would chalk it up to sheer ignorance of X's ability, as even by X3 many baddies are still surprised by his power.  This includes Doppler and Byte.  X may have won the respect of his fellow Hunters after X1 but I don't think his enemies really acknowledged his abilities until X4/Xtreme2.  Up until X3 X still carried the negative stigma of being "ancient".
This. Although, Cyber Peacock is surprised that his potential is limitless in X4, so his analyzing of X might have something to do with his enemies acknowledging his abilities afterward.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 01:33:35 AM
X may have won the respect of his fellow Hunters after X1 but I don't think his enemies really acknowledged his abilities until X4/Xtreme2.  Up until X3 X still carried the negative stigma of being "ancient".

Well, in X6 I remember Isoc specifically calling X an "ancient piece of junk", and I'm really sure how much Isoc/Wily knew of X's abilities.  Granted, he was naturally biased towards Zero, so that may have something to do with that as well (not to mention the fact that X was made by Light, so yeah).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 02:26:53 AM
Well, in X6 I remember Isoc specifically calling X an "ancient piece of junk", and I'm really sure how much Isoc/Wily knew of X's abilities.  Granted, he was naturally biased towards Zero, so that may have something to do with that as well (not to mention the fact that X was made by Light, so yeah).
Zero is just as ancient as X, so a Zero-connected individual referring to X as an "ancient piece of junk" is obvious bias.  Isoc hates X as a matter of Wily-connected rivalry, same with Serges.  His comments are out of spite and not of sound judgment.

Doubly so since Isoc only made such comments after X trashed High Max, reversing his previous loss.  Isoc is lashing out.  He thought that a Zero-derivative had X beaten, and X turned it around, which pissed him off.

When I speak of X being referred to as "ancient", I'm talking about his reputation, not about enemy insults.  There are those in X3 who still cannot wrap their mind around something as old as X being so powerful, believing that his age should put him at a disadvantage.  Byte is such an individual.  It was after X3 that X shed that reputation.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 05:28:18 AM
Doppler too, no? didnt he mention something of the sort?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
Well, he has an X-Hunter-esque surprise at how powerful X is after two Mavericks are dead.  Doppler wasn't the last to monologue after a few of his flunkies are lost, but he was the last who seemed to actually be surprised by it.

I might also point out that X3 establishes the whole damage-on-contact-with-Sigma-Virus shpiel, too.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 01:30:43 AM
Doppler is actually interested in X's power. See both MegaMission and X3. In the former he seeks to analyze X, in the latter he asks X to join his side, and when he declined, the remains of X's body were to be used to create Sigma's.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 01:31:55 AM
That's when X encounters him, tail-end of the game.

After X defeats two Mavericks, "He is the Maverick Hunter I failed to catch last time. I had no idea he is so
powerful..."

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 01:36:51 AM
Let's just say that it's theoretically possible, it's something that's very, very, very hard to do.

I prefer the theory that X's mind is developed so far that a virus is completely pointless. As if you try to hack into a human brain.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 01:48:46 AM
You've never heard of hypnosis or conditioned responses?

Inticreates at least thinks that it's conceivable for X to go nuts, given that Copy X didn't even exist until the last month or so of Z1's development.  If that potential exists, the possibility of something to exploit it exists.  However, "possession" as in puppeteering might be another story.  Manipulating one's will and subduing one's will are two different things.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:53:35 AM
That's what I meant. X going crazy out of free will, or because he was raised into a spoiled brat is far more likely than being manipulated by Sigma.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 01:58:19 PM
The only thing that Copy X lacked was the expierence which the real X had or the worrying itself.

Now I have a interresting hypothese.
Which kind of outcome for X would it be, if Dr.Wily uses him for his goals? Infidelity uses that for his story for example.
Now would X argue with Wily or just do what he says? X´s ability is to worry, to determine wrong and right by himself, so there might be a chance that he might hesistate.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 10:07:02 PM
If its copy X, he might Side with Wily, since he is the human, and the humans are always right.
But dont take my word for it...