Thanks for the music rip  owob.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: March 08, 2010, 09:44:04 AM
Hey schmirdn.
I must say I like it alot, and I predict it's a soundtrack that people will keep longer in mind than many of the previous original series. Even though right now you hear them proclaiming it to be utter fail, even over RM9.
The 13 composer-team that worked on it might give it a feel of inconsistency and being all over the place, but I say it just takes time getting used to.
I also like that the game doesn't try to be RM2 anymore and instead tries something new (all with NES sound limits in mind though).
I can't even name any favorite tracks, except the obvious Nitroman and Solarman choices, there are so many good ones. The Wily stages are all pretty awesome this time.

I'm really looking forward to the OST and Image Album.

I pretty much agree with ya, Splashy.  I think it's one of the more unique soundtracks in MM, and I for one like it a lot.  I mentioned in another thread that the different take and use of 8-Bit sounds reminds me of how different MM3 sounded from MM2, and MM5 from MM4.  I can't say I like it more or less than MM9's soundtrack right now, since I don't listen to it as often.  However, I've also mentioned that I think MM10's Wily Stage II is one of the best Wily Stage themes ever made in all of MM.  The Special Stage tracks are simply pure loving fanservice!

Thanx for your input!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #827 on: March 08, 2010, 09:25:27 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #829 on: March 08, 2010, 09:48:44 PM
To be honest, I didn't laugh when I first saw that. But only because I had spoiled it for myself beforehand.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #830 on: March 08, 2010, 09:57:51 PM
I also was speechless when I saw it the first time

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #832 on: March 08, 2010, 10:17:43 PM
Again, where does he get the money for these places?  XD

He's probably still got leftover funds from 9's donations.

Also, Scrooge purchased lunar real estate from Wily, which is why we've never had a Wily Moonbase.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #833 on: March 08, 2010, 10:19:26 PM

EDIT: Dammit, Aldo beat me

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:05 PM
Man he must've gotten a lot of moolah!

Also...I WON I WON I WON!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: March 08, 2010, 10:25:17 PM

EDIT: Dammit, Aldo beat me

8D

SHEEP MAN PLUSH?!

Oh dear, Capcom's going to be filthy rich.

Offline Akira

• Mr. Fanservice & Vixy's cute boy
  • Neo Arcadian
  • BAKA!
    • View Profile
Reply #836 on: March 08, 2010, 10:27:39 PM

You are Lucky PB! NYC has many cool events. I want that shirt  :(

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: March 08, 2010, 10:29:03 PM

My head almost asploded from that picture of yours. I wanted to be there, but unfortunately, I was busy...

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #838 on: March 09, 2010, 01:11:47 AM
I really loved this part of the game. (The reaction is priceless too) >0<
I didn't laugh, just kinda sat there in WTF silence.  Then when we finally reached the top, "Holy crap."

I pretty much agree with ya, Splashy.  I think it's one of the more unique soundtracks in MM, and I for one like it a lot.  I mentioned in another thread that the different take and use of 8-Bit sounds reminds me of how different MM3 sounded from MM2, and MM5 from MM4.  I can't say I like it more or less than MM9's soundtrack right now, since I don't listen to it as often.  However, I've also mentioned that I think MM10's Wily Stage II is one of the best Wily Stage themes ever made in all of MM.  The Special Stage tracks are simply pure loving fanservice!

Thanx for your input!
While I cannot recognize the fanservice of the Special Stages due to my lacking in RMW experience, I still like 10's soundtrack a lot.  The Robot Master music on the whole is solid, the stage select is kicking, as is the second Wily Castle (that is, Stage 1 main) and both of Wily's boss themes.  The menu theme isn't the most "Classic MegaMan sounding" thing around, but I'll gladly take it over 9's MM2 rehashes.  Speaking of which, remixes for boss intro and victory are outstanding.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:59 AM
I didn't laugh, just kinda sat there in WTF silence.  Then when we finally reached the top, "Holy crap."

You don't have to laugh. Just that silence and the "WOW!" experience is good enough for me. ^^

... wait a minute...?

While I cannot recognize the fanservice of the Special Stages due to my lacking in RMW experience

O^O Why you do this to me? You play/watch now!

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #840 on: March 09, 2010, 01:22:23 AM
While I cannot recognize the fanservice of the Special Stages due to my lacking in RMW experience,

:o

That's a damn shame.  A damn shame...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #841 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:17 AM
Blame Capcom not releasing Mania, because I damn well would have bought it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #842 on: March 09, 2010, 01:24:02 AM
Blame Capcom not releasing Mania, because I damn well would have bought it.

Did you try Lameboy DS or similar? :3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: March 09, 2010, 01:25:33 AM
Of course.  That's the only reason I have ANY firsthand experience with them at all.  It's just that whenever I want to sink some serious GB MegaMan time in, I remember that Lameboy plays Xtreme2 (my poor, poor cartridge and its dead contacts...).

EDITS: Getting acquainted with the Special Stage themes via music rips as we speak.  Even not recognizing the homage, they're STILL awesome.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #844 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:27 AM
To be fair, Capcom DID somehow lose the source code. This wouldn't be the first time that they would do this sort of shenanigans (case in point: much of the promised content for the MMX collection being absent, due to Mega Man Maverick Hunter X's development). -_-

But still, indulge and enjoy! owob It's great that the new generation will get acquainted with the Mega Man Hunters, rather.

That part was hilarious! XD

Agreed. Though, I was slightly accidently spoiled by the mention of the castle being quite tall, it didn't keep me from getting a load out of that moment. XD

Depends on the circumstances, really. It can be the result of amassing funds (in low profile, of course), recycling junk, or having technological "supplying" (e.g. Wily's teaming up with Dr. Light, in MM3).

For instance, if the Wiki info for Crystal Man's any indication, he most likely made money for building the MM5 castles, from selling his counterfeit crystals.

Though, in the case of MM10's, you could say that he's had left-over funds from his bank account, or just took advantage of the Roboenza frenzy, to take all the time in the world to build it and not get noticed. ;)

Offline Splashman

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #845 on: March 09, 2010, 03:02:04 AM
I really loved this part of the game. (The reaction is priceless too) >0<
Was a good surprise there. Secretly I hoped "Oh wow, now what? is this the 'Menace from outer space?' Do we get another 4-stage castle??" But I guess it rounded off the game nicely, too many castle stages end up making the game more boring, like in RM5-6.
Anybody notice that it was the first Wily space station in the main series, aside from the World games?

Speaking of which, remixes for boss intro and victory are outstanding.
Word. Stage Start is one of my favorite Rockman tracks, even though it's just a short jingle. I always look forward hearing a new edition of it.

Uh, yeah. He kinda did.
no
Trollish troll is technically right, because I didn't record it myself. But without me a full, clean rip wouldn't have been possible, so there you go.

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: March 09, 2010, 04:13:19 AM
It actually took me some time before I recognized Special Stage 1 and 3 but Special Stage 2 I knew in a heart beat. And I thought Capcom had all but forgotten the World games.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #847 on: March 09, 2010, 04:14:17 AM
Jesus Christ. Even playing on Easy as Protoman, getting Mr. Perfect is still a [sonic slicer] to do. The boss repeats made me want to rip my hair out. For three hours straight was I playing that stage. And it might've been that much more difficult because I did No Coffee Break at the same time.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: March 09, 2010, 05:31:44 AM
But I guess it rounded off the game nicely, too many castle stages end up making the game more boring, like in RM5-6.

I don't think the 2 castle system made the castles boring in MM5 & 6, but rather the fact that each castle only had one track.  At least in MM4, both Cossack's Citadel & Wily's Castle had two themes each.  Very good themes too, I might add.  Imagine if they did 2 castles each with 4-5 themes each.  Now that'd be awesome.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #849 on: March 09, 2010, 01:15:08 PM
Managed to steal a listen to the special stages themes.
Punk's was most easily recognisable, Ballade's the least (only familiar beat for 5 seconds).

For losing and making these up, it's really good actually. :3

I'm watching you all. Always watching.