Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #250 on: December 21, 2009, 09:00:19 PM
^Uh...No i want a 16bit X9 Please.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #251 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:45 PM
I think it ought to be like X8, except better. Keeping what was good, improving on what was lacking. Yep.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: December 21, 2009, 09:54:50 PM
I'd like the plot to not create new continuity nightmares within the X series; as long as most of it is in the game itself and not some sourcebook that'll never reach our shores, and it's fun, then I'm good.

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #253 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:07 PM
A new game. A new X game. Maverick Hunter styled. Nuff' said

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: December 21, 2009, 09:57:11 PM
I hope it isn't as low-poly as MHX was, though. Feels wrong to see a Megaman where all the details are sort of blurry.

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #255 on: December 21, 2009, 10:00:46 PM
SNES-styled, MHX-Styled, shmeck-styled. As long as it's as good and solid as MMX2, I'll buy it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: December 21, 2009, 10:05:49 PM
X as a worthwhile character.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: December 21, 2009, 10:26:30 PM
SNES-styled, MHX-Styled, shmeck-styled. As long as it's as good and solid as MMX2, I'll buy it.
I should hope it's better than X2. A lot better.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: December 22, 2009, 12:47:51 AM
I hope it isn't as low-poly as MHX was, though. Feels wrong to see a Megaman where all the details are sort of blurry.

That's more the PSP's fault, really. If it was on PS2, it would've been clearer. Though at this point, if they were to continue with that style, making them XBLA/PSN titles would be a good idea.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: December 22, 2009, 04:16:20 AM
The command mission cast will never appear outside of Command mission. Or did you forget that Command mission is the next century after X8? X9 can not, and WILL NOT be after it.

I prefer the original X designs. Actually, I like the Maverick Hunter X designs. they were a good happy medium. they were the classic designs, but slimmed down a bit.  A vote for Zero's X8 design is a vote for getting slapped by Hyper's talking fish. I mean, SERIOUSLY, THE HELMET! DEAR GOD, THAT HELMET!!
Plus the in game models were very crappy.

Id like something with Gate. though it seems unlikely.

Indeed on the power up system. that my main gripe with X8, because that means the developers were able to go ahead and make lazy stages with no replay value other than metal farming. (and badly hidden capsules)

As long As I get another X4 land chaser scenario, Im all game for Land chasers.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #260 on: December 24, 2009, 05:14:11 PM
What I want in X9:

- X8 designs or entirely new ones.

- X8 graphics or more advanced graphics.
*gives Hiroki ZEE UPPERCUT!!*

X8 had horrid character design and even worse character model detail.  There is no reason, ever, to look back.  Between MHX and TvC I think it's fairly obvious that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

One other thing I want in X9:

-New Game Plus.  If the ZX games proved one thing to me it's how much this feature makes a difference.  It was quite a saving grace in X7 (no need to unlock X; tank up everyone on chips), and X8 (forget the shop and Crystal Wall metals crap).  And X5 would have benefited from it a lot (X6 doesn't need it since you can get everything without killing a boss anyway; but level design of that calibur isn't something I expect to come every title).  Best-case scenario it lets you use all your favorite later power-ups to wail on enemies throughout the entire game.  Worst-case scenario it's a nice loophole for dodging any ill-designed "expansion" efforts in the power-up system.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Elpis TK31

• I WANT IT NAO
  • Robot Master
  • BOOBLIGHTS OR GTFO
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: December 24, 2009, 06:07:04 PM
Lex Steele as the new "sigma", with a bigger lightsaber.

Oh and most definately New Game Plus.
I also would like the sound team of X1, they don't have to use SFC sound or anything, but I would really like to hear something from those composers again, since I haven't heard anything from them since X1.
And it should play like the SNES games, as in fluid dashing jumping etc, it's what X4~X6 did wrong and Z1~ZXA did right.

RMZX E/53'39 N/57'27 H/1:02'01
When life is boring, knife some cows in RE4, it's hilarious!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: December 24, 2009, 06:12:59 PM
I didnt mind X8's character designs, (except Zero's) It was the models that were crappy. Although I would prefer something more in line with MHX or TvC Zero. (TvC FINALLY got his helmet right, something which both X8 AND MHX failed at.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #263 on: December 24, 2009, 06:16:29 PM
Z1-ZXA may have gotten dash physics right but there's quite a bit of the X-series formula that they missed, most notably weapon energy management (weaknesses, energy refill after missions).  Granted, you'd have to be pretty bone-headed to forget about that in an actual X-series game, but still.

I'd say despite the GBC's lack of a spare button for dashing that Xtreme2 had the physics department down.  Your air-dash momentum stayed with you the entire time flawlessly.

Speaking of dashing, I don't want to see that blasted "scoot" of Zero's from X8 again.  Tall, short distance, slow, no reason it should have been so.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: December 24, 2009, 06:18:21 PM
Flame: Who are you to determine how Zero's helmet is supposed to look?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: December 24, 2009, 06:19:25 PM
I agree. That dash was terrible. Gameplay balance my ass. Theres nothing balanced about it.
Also, I feel like Axl's X8 character design was actually the only one that actually looked better than his regular design. The more slimline look actually suits him nicely.
Flame: Who are you to determine how Zero's helmet is supposed to look?
Who are you to determine I cant? Its obviously not how the helmet originally looked like, nor what its supposed to. Do you want Zero to look nice, or not?
Obviously someone else felt the same, as they made Zero look the way he SHOULD in TvC.
His back prongs SHOULD NOT be the same height as his front ones.
Its just a simple aesthetic detail that does not work right otherwise. It looked ridiculous in X8, mainly more because of how they cut the halfpipe between the back prongs into an almost straight line. MHX was harder to spot, because they fixed the half pipe. but the prongs were still a bit too high.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: December 24, 2009, 07:34:55 PM
Speaking of dashing, I don't want to see that blasted "scoot" of Zero's from X8 again.  Tall, short distance, slow, no reason it should have been so.

I agree. That dash was terrible. Gameplay balance my ass. Theres nothing balanced about it.

Just dash jump, you morons.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: December 24, 2009, 07:36:04 PM
but that requires them to use common sense.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: December 24, 2009, 07:44:21 PM
Speaking of common sense, I'm gonna lock this because my common sense tells me and keeps telling me that everytime this thread appears, the same endless circle starts up and no one can or tries to get anywhere else with it.

See you all again in a few months when we have the "X9 - What are your wishes?" remix! XD