What do you want to see in X9?

CyberXIII · 55325

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: December 03, 2009, 06:39:18 PM
X will enter the cyberworld in an effort to destroy Sigma once and for all at his root. At the end, Axl and him will sync and with their combined powers, they will destroy Sigma!

Wait a minute...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #226 on: December 04, 2009, 03:05:07 AM
Well, Sigma allegedly died for good in X8.  Granted, we've heard that before.  But they really built it up during pre-release, and Sigma got booted from the final boss position and lacks a second form (if you don't count Copy Sigma in the previous stage, anyway).  So......yeah.

THE fish.

It's magical and can talk.
Don't forget to dodge.
You don't want to dodge.  The fish grants wishes, I only smack people with it because it feels more honest.  Dodge, and I wish your head to explode.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: December 04, 2009, 03:13:26 AM
Who knows Sigma or some other wannabe may come back and wreak havoc again, we still have to tie in Mega Man Zero to this.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: December 04, 2009, 03:37:09 AM
No, we do not.  Ever.  Unless you are intentionally ending one series with plans for a "spiritual" sequel to follow (see Zero-to-ZX), tying series together only serves to write you into a corner.

Power Fighters placement in the Classic-series timeline is the perfect example of this.  We got a very concrete Zero reference which leaves it rather awkward for Wily to be focused on other projects.  As a result one is generally not comfortable placing Power Fighters before a game that was released 12 years later.  Any Classic-series sequel they release in the future is going to face the same problem: Would you rather join the ranks of perpetual prequels to an ancient arcade game or would you rather find some contrived way of explaining why Zero is on the off-screen back burner?

Even if you ignore that fundamental no-no, you cannot tie X to Zero without going through Command Mission, which is distanced timewise from the rest of the X-series (being in the next century and all).  So the proper place to do a tie-in would be a Command Mission sequel, not a main-series X sequel.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: December 04, 2009, 04:15:45 AM
I want a Command Mission 2... :(

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: December 04, 2009, 04:16:41 AM
I'm down for a Command Mission sequel though. The characters introduced in CM already were quite interesting and varied design & plot wise. Gameplay wise, they could continue the turn based stuff or go in a more "Tales of..." direction ([tornado fang] yeah 4 players in battles). If there's anything I'd like them to do though, I'd like it if they gave us an over world to explore and made the length a bit longer. The Megaman universe, especially the intertwined X-Zero-ZX one, could really lend itself to some awesome over worlds and maps, cyberpunk or otherwise, if Capcom went all out with it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: December 04, 2009, 05:19:23 AM
Well Central tower was the hub pretty much.
But yeah. more. more! More areas maybe. What makes me sad, is that after you beat the tails clan, the game loses all fun to it... Because by then, you've become the most uber thing in existence, where Redips himself loses fun since he goes down very easily by then.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: December 04, 2009, 07:54:13 PM
It's fairly standard RPG procedure to have some uber-powerful secret boss that is actually more powerful than the final boss; therefore there's no real use for whatever reward you get aside from just feeling that badass.  You'd think they would have learned by now to make such bosses rematchable.  Not to mention Axl should have gotten the Annihilator Hadouken instead of that freaking Nine Fragments.

But yeah, CM sequel would be awesome.  I definitely miss Marino, Massimo, and Cinnamon.  Heck, I even miss Depth Dragoon.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #233 on: December 05, 2009, 12:43:04 AM
in megaman x9, i want:
bullets
things to kill with bullets

that's all

squemp

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: December 05, 2009, 03:12:16 AM
We could alway recycle the X series IN SPACE.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: December 05, 2009, 03:26:05 AM
They did that already. Twice in fact.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: December 05, 2009, 04:37:16 AM
I want a deep story for Rockman X9 which rivals the one of Neon Genesis Evangelion. It would end up as a double edged sword though. The players will either love or hate it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:18 AM
Its not deep enough for you?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: December 05, 2009, 03:06:01 PM
Evangelion was deep? Being deliberately confusing doesn't equate to depth last I checked.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: December 05, 2009, 03:37:06 PM

Too deep for Zan to comprehend imo.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: December 05, 2009, 03:48:03 PM
Read the timeline threads sometime and tell me how in blazes ANYTHING is too deep for Zan.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: December 05, 2009, 03:56:16 PM
He's a Megaman information processing robot. He just wasn't coded to understand how deep Eva is, that's all. Duh.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: December 05, 2009, 04:01:11 PM
I just feel that Evangelion's depth was limited to the final episodes, anything leading up to that point being in [tornado fang]ing with the minds of an already unstable cast as well as the viewer, all whilst trying to have the viewer enjoy a bunch of mecha battles accompanied by needless Christianity references, and of course, a clear lack of a coherent explanation at the time. All in all, it would be much deeper if there was more time to actually stand still and elaborate on core principles.

You want Eva's depth? Go play X8, it fits the bill.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: December 05, 2009, 04:32:46 PM
He's a Megaman information processing robot. He just wasn't coded to understand how deep Eva is, that's all. Duh.
You don't talk to him on AIM, trust me, he processes far more than that.  He pursues the exercise in futility that is making sense of Mario and Zelda far further than I'd ever have the nerve to.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: December 05, 2009, 05:00:09 PM
why would anyone try to make sense of zelda

that is seriously the biggest exercise in futility i have ever heard of

why

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: December 05, 2009, 05:03:17 PM
I'd dare say Zelda makes more sense than Mario.  In Mario, you have to wonder what the hell kind of stork would pay Bowser 8 visits.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: December 05, 2009, 05:14:52 PM
Yeah, you'd think it'd make more sense. You think things will be easy, and that's how it gets you.

Actually to be honest I kinda skipped over the making sense of Mario thing because that's just dumb. S'like trying to make sense of Tetris or somethin'.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: December 05, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
Eva has no depth, Mario has depth, Zelda has depth and Pong has depth? Who ARE YOU people?!  :o

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: December 05, 2009, 05:56:23 PM
making sense of Mario

Only in an amusing Mario-style manner! Mario-logic and all.

Bowser Jr. is totally the result of Bowser and Peach's wedding from Super Paper Mario. Every time that happens, the Stork works over time!

why would anyone try to make sense of zelda

Zelda makes perfect sense. You just got to accept when you can't make a connection and wait for Nintendo to make a new game that turns everything upside down.

Eva has no depth, Mario has depth, Zelda has depth and Pong has depth? Who ARE YOU people?! 

Dig Dug has depth, don't deny it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: December 05, 2009, 06:52:39 PM

Dig Dug has depth, don't deny it.

Oh Zan... You made me laugh out loud really hard. XD