OmegaZ · 65394

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 12, 2009, 03:16:06 AM
AND STILL NO SIGN OF MML3.

Does Capcom even KNOW what their fants want? I just wanna play more Mega Man ;_;
You'd think, seeing as they're one of the better developers out there.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 05:57:47 AM
AND STILL NO SIGN OF MML3.

Does Capcom even KNOW what their fants want? I just wanna play more Mega Man ;_;
Unfortunately, they only see what the japanese fans want. And what they want is more battle networks, and more starforces. They like collect em alls. :P

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 06:05:10 AM
Hard to justify MML3 OR ZX3 when you've got a split core fanbase.

Some like Legends, some don't.
Some thought ZX was better than ZXA, some didn't.

Makes the sales pitch difficult.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 06:09:19 AM
Not really... The big split is between the west, who likes sidescrolling classic style gameplay Megaman, who loved the likes of AX and ZXA, and the east, who doesnt like it as much, and prefers the likes of BN and SF.

And Capcom, only responds to the east side. meaning, more BN and SF, and less ZX, X or classic.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 06:54:20 PM
9 is like, what, 6 years after the last classic game?
Ten years.
wasnt MM&B in 02?
ロックマン&フォルテ
Rockman & Forte
(JP) 1998.04.24 (SFC) [SHVC-AR6J-JPN] 5800yen
(JP) 2002.08.10 (GBA) [AGB-AFCJ-JPN] 4800yen

Mega Man & Bass
(US) 2003.03.10 (GBA) [AGB-A6ME-USA]
(EU) 2003.03.21 (GBA) [AGB-A6MP-EUR]

I can't help but wonder. When did Rockman Rockman stop being a legitimate classic game?

Oh and Super Adventure Rockman was released after Rockman and Forte.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 07:01:39 PM
It's not counted because it's not a new game and just a remake of the first and it sold abysmally?

I would imagine that completely NEW content would be desired here and not just remakes and enhancements.

[spoiler]Also because it was absolutely terrible, lol[/spoiler]

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 07:22:06 PM
Kinda forgot about Powered Up, actually. I feel ashamed, cause I don't think it's terrible by any means. And admittedly, while being a remake of MM1, it feels more original than, say, Maverick Hunter X.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 07:37:52 PM
It's not counted because it's not a new game and just a remake of the first and it sold abysmally?

I would imagine that completely NEW content would be desired here and not just remakes and enhancements.

Also because it was absolutely terrible, lol

That's just absolute nonsense. The game plays as well as any other classic game.

Furthermore, the game had a boatload of new content. It had all the classical stages redone, had boss AI redone, had music redone, had two whole new stages, bosses and weapons added. It introduced over a dozen extra player characters with their own unique playstyle, a complete story, alternate paths in stages and along with that new Copy Robots and a boss battle with an evil Rockman. Furthermore, Powered Up had a challenge mode which added even more original content to the game.

Heck, the game provided the ultimate replayability of any classic game by having itself a level editor that not only covers mechanics and enemies from the first game, but also introduces elements from the second. It even provided online sharing of those stages. Enough material to last us for many years.

Honestly, putting it in the nicest way possible; you really need to rethink that opinion of yours.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 07:43:12 PM
Except no matter how many new things they added, its still Megaman 1.
We want NEW megaman games, not remakes. While both PU and MHX were good, theyre just remakes with bonus content.

Also, I forgot about SAR.

Probably because it never came out here. :P

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 07:49:18 PM
That's just absolute nonsense. The game plays as well as any other classic game.

Furthermore, the game had a boatload of new content. It had all the classical stages redone, had boss AI redone, had music redone, had two whole new stages, bosses and weapons added. It introduced over a dozen extra player characters with their own unique playstyle, a complete story, alternate paths in stages and along with that new Copy Robots and a boss battle with an evil Rockman. Furthermore, Powered Up had a challenge mode which added even more original content to the game.

Heck, the game provided the ultimate replayability of any classic game by having itself a level editor that not only covers mechanics and enemies from the first game, but also introduces elements from the second. It even provided online sharing of those stages. Enough material to last us for many years.

Honestly, putting it in the nicest way possible; you really need to rethink that opinion of yours.
I figured that Powered Up wasn't mentioned because it wasn't a new entry set after 8 or R&F. Of course, that's just me remembering the original point of this topic and using that in conjunction with the mention that there wasn't a new installment in the Classic series for X amount of years.

As for the game itself, I didn't enjoy it, I did all that extra stuff, it was good for one play through and I never touched it again. Of course, I could take your path and tell you to rethink YOUR opinion, but that would just continue the ass hattery. (Though the fact we never got a sequel and it sold terribly would kind of go in the direction I view the game (though I did enjoy MHX).)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 08:24:17 PM
The fact is, that while its anew game, its not a new story, and even all the bonuses, like playable bosses, are just what ifs. in any case, It actually prefer an X9 before ZX3, but either would be nice.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 08:32:41 PM
It's sort of a new story, cause it expands greatly on what used to be a blurb in the Japanese manual, and introduces new things like the Robot Masters' personalities.

I'd actually prefer an X9 before ZX3

I'm with you on that one, however.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 08:35:37 PM
It's sort of a new story, cause it expands greatly on what used to be a blurb in the Japanese manual, and introduces new things like the Robot Masters' personalities.

I'm with you on that one, however.
Its still just megaman 1 though.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 08:36:52 PM
Except no matter how many new things they added, its still Megaman 1.

For the Rockman series, of which each sequel is "more of the same", since when was being "more of the same" a proper reason not to consider something a legitimate title?

Even if a remake, you got a new game, played a new game and this time were even given the unique opportunity of putting your own creativity at work in making new content for that game. Therefore, one shouldn't act like Capcom didn't do anything for the classic series.

The fact is, that while its anew game, its not a new story

The story of the classic series has always been more of the same and never does a classic title really move the plot forward. So, what's so different from a non remake?

Not to mention, comparing the story of Rockman Rockman to the original Rockman is barely even possible. The amount of story in said remake is considerably greater, to the point that you don't need to stray very far from this forum to find people going on about the game not being canon whilst they moan about the oh so terrible retcon that has been inflicted upon them in the form of a divine smiting from their god Inafune.

Seriously, for anybody that's remotely interested in the story of the classic series, Rockman Rockman offers so much.

As for the game itself, I didn't enjoy it

Just because you didn't enjoy it, doesn't make it a terrible game.

Reviews of the game, from gaming magazines/sites and casual gamers alike dominantly praise the game as being a high quality title whose only major drawbacks are either being a remake or having the graphical style that it has.

Being a terrible game, on the other hand, implicates the game is a glitch ridden piece of trash, which Powered Up is the absolute opposite of. The only game in the entire mainstream Rockman series which comes close to the title of "terrible" is a certain overly experimental X-series title, and even for that one you'd find a whole lot people defending it to the grave.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 08:40:43 PM

It's terrible to him. Just leave it at that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 08:54:34 PM
Rockman Rockman had Overpowered Playable Blues.  It's one of the greatest Megaman games EVER.  EV-ER!

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 09:16:52 PM
For the Rockman series, of which each sequel is "more of the same", since when was being "more of the same" a proper reason not to consider something a legitimate title?

Even if a remake, you got a new game, played a new game and this time were even given the unique opportunity of putting your own creativity at work in making new content for that game. Therefore, one shouldn't act like Capcom didn't do anything for the classic series.

The story of the classic series has always been more of the same and never does a classic title really move the plot forward. So, what's so different from a non remake?

Not to mention, comparing the story of Rockman Rockman to the original Rockman is barely even possible. The amount of story in said remake is considerably greater, to the point that you don't need to stray very far from this forum to find people going on about the game not being canon whilst they moan about the oh so terrible retcon that has been inflicted upon them in the form of a divine smiting from their god Inafune.

Seriously, for anybody that's remotely interested in the story of the classic series, Rockman Rockman offers so much.

Reviews of the game, from gaming magazines/sites and casual gamers alike dominantly praise the game as being a high quality title whose only major drawbacks are either being a remake or having the graphical style that it has.
Talk about missing the point!

Being a terrible game, on the other hand, implicates the game is a glitch ridden piece of trash, which Powered Up is the absolute opposite of. The only game in the entire mainstream Rockman series which comes close to the title of "terrible" is a certain overly experimental X-series title, and even for that one you'd find a whole lot people defending it to the grave.
Oh wow, pedantic much? Talk about taking someone's opinion too seriously.

Here, I'll spell it out. Real big like, so you can't miss anything or get uppity. I MYSELF DID NOT ENJOY MEGAMAN MEGAMAN. THIS VIEW OF MY OWN, AN OPINION BASED SOLELY UPON MY OWN ACTIONS AND OWN EXPERIENCES, THUS IN NO WAY YOURS OR ANYONE ELSES, HAPPENS TO NOT AT ALL MATTER TO ANYONE WHO ENJOYED THE GAME BECAUSE THEY ENJOYED IT. I HOWEVER DID NOT.

I figured that would've been obvious, seeing as I'm only one person with one view of a game. Apparently not.

Rockman Rockman had Overpowered Playable Blues.  It's one of the greatest Megaman games EVER.  EV-ER!
This was more or less the only redeeming quality for me :P

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:38 PM
Hoo boy these discussions are alway so...

[spoiler]boring[/spoiler]

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:20 PM
What if we sprinkled small bits of breasts through out the paragraphs?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:24 PM
Then we'd have a boring discussion with sprinkled breasts through out the paragraphs.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 09:40:15 PM
ZX3, X9 or RM10.

Legends 3 is a pipe dream.

So long as those first three are festering somewhere within Capcom, I'm fine. Still, it's stupid the best we can look forward to in Mega Man right now is a shitty remake of EXE 1... practically a straight port with some nonsense added in... like adding one of those cheap pinetree-shaped air freshener to an old car.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 09:46:31 PM
MegaMan 10 is what I want more than anything else, personawii.  Or Rockman Rockman 2.  Essentially, anything with more Playable Blues.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 09:50:34 PM
Basically, you could release any game, remade or not with Blues and PB would be happy :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52:30 PM
Basically, you could release any game, remade or not with Blues and PB would be happy :P

He should have his own game/series/model kit/life-size shield/Nerf Blues Buster/sports drink/restaurant chain

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
Blues Sports Drink?

The hell would that be called?

BLUES STRIKE ENERGY SAUCE