What's up with ZX3?

OmegaZ · 65412

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 05:03:09 PM
Biometal mixing is a nightmare for game developers. Way too many possibilities.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 05:08:07 PM
Fairy Fafnir! The Waterfire Dragon! Shooting hot steam from all orifices!

Sage Shadow! The windy shadow! He's like a fart! One blow and he's gone!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 05:43:25 PM
They could do it like Neutral Armor.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:03 PM
They could do it like Neutral Armor.
Theres only 2 armors.
theres 6 biometals.

Plus only X has the ability to double rock on with others.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 10:45:37 PM
I hate that the Rock On thing is lost in translation :(

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:24 PM
Theres only 2 armors.
theres 6 biometals.

Why not have armor with a similar ability to it like X? It can't be that hard to make it in the game's universe, and even then you can hand-wave it by saying it's armor and not the whole thing. Being able to combine Harpuia's Swords with Zero's Body to do a different slash combo would be pretty good, or taking Leviathan's radar helmet and combine it with Fafnir's gun system to home in on targeted enemies. Just have conflicting parts take presidence over ones that work together to create a new effect. Heck, just call it X armor and combine abilities of the boss' and bring in the Models to increase the efficiency of it like if there's a flying boss combine it with Model H to have super flight or something.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:09 PM
Holy crap that's a good idea :O

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:37 AM
Why not have armor with a similar ability to it like X? It can't be that hard to make it in the game's universe, and even then you can hand-wave it by saying it's armor and not the whole thing. Being able to combine Harpuia's Swords with Zero's Body to do a different slash combo would be pretty good, or taking Leviathan's radar helmet and combine it with Fafnir's gun system to home in on targeted enemies. Just have conflicting parts take presidence over ones that work together to create a new effect. Heck, just call it X armor and combine abilities of the boss' and bring in the Models to increase the efficiency of it like if there's a flying boss combine it with Model H to have super flight or something.
That would be prrety broken. The double rock ons are pretty broken as is.
Also, what armor? theres no Light in Zero-ZX, so there cant be any armors. X is the only one that can mix and match, because that is his special ability. Because he's the one that "learns new powers as he fights" and can adapt weapons and such.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #83 on: November 14, 2009, 02:40:46 AM
Mix-and-match attributes is a pretty good idea, though, although I do agree that taking both boss and Biometal attributes into one character would be a bit too broken.  You could do Head (touch-screen abilities), Leg (mobility), and Arm (weapons) attributes of each of the Big Four Biometals, but possibly toning it down as opposed for a full Double Rock On (maybe modifying normal attacks but not charged).  'course for H's sake that would require actual dash exhaust from the feet, something Inti apparently doesn't believe in.  And you'd need some sort of mobility upgrade for F, maybe a dash-attack similar to Atlas's.

Something like that could probably work as an upgrade to Model X.

I just really want to see them utilize all protagonists (Vent, Aile, Ashe, and Grey), although this will require a new Biometal (Craft works fine for me).

Two characters, if one has Model X, should be able to activate Double Rock On together, but some difference shown for the affinity of each character.  Let's use the ol' Aile/Model X and Vent/Model Z scenario.  They Double, Vent's Model ZX is the traditional "saber with buster-mode" that we're familiar with, while Aile is the other way around.  An arm-mounted buster with a Blade Armor-esque sword mode.  Vent would be better with the saber (longer range?) and Aile better with the buster (spiral-shots on both Double Charge shots?).

Likewise, they could do Model AX, one using an arm-mounted buster with a stronger charge attack, and the other pistols with a wider Homing Shot range and better rapid-fire.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 14, 2009, 03:49:57 AM

For some weird reason, this appeals to me... XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 15, 2009, 04:50:11 AM
o~O

That makes no sense at all

"I'll destroy you with my mighty scientist powerz!"

yeah, um, no.
"I am the Change that defies Calamity..."

8D

XD

But you know I'm thinking of maybe Ice & Fire in one entity. e.g First, trap the enemy in ice then blast them with fire (saw in an anime). Or like A glass of hot water put in the freezer, the glass will shatter = 70% damage pts.

Also Metal & Thunder as one. Which is more likely.

Anyway let's leave the armor thing in X-series. The idea of obtaining Boss Parts may work. I was thinking why Zero can't Z-knuckle the boss in Z4.

e.g

Ice Boss1 Part- specialize in mobility
Ice Boss2 Part - specialize in Attack

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 15, 2009, 05:12:44 AM
You guys all have some pretty good ideas,

I got one, reintroduce the Z-knuckle,

huh? :)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 15, 2009, 05:18:17 AM
Z-Knuckle seems obsolete with the forms mechanic and all...

I wouldn't mind seeing a Chain-Rod esque weapon, though.  Perhaps as an Hu/Re sub-Weapon, latching onto walls could give them a work-around for lacking a wall-kick.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 15, 2009, 05:18:58 AM
Also, what armor? theres no Light in Zero-ZX, so there cant be any armors. X is the only one that can mix and match, because that is his special ability. Because he's the one that "learns new powers as he fights" and can adapt weapons and such.

Hand wave by saying it's armor and not X himself. Capcom could just have a new 'scientist' added into the series, like Light and Ciel before and have them create the armor. Ciel did it with X, so why not have someone else develop a system similar to the Variable Weapon System and make it into a set of armor? Heck, they could double as a badass doc and don the armor themselves and name it after X, then combine the armor with X (plot-line wise speaking by saying "I give you my power") and then allow various parts or abilities to be equipped to various limbs.

Mix-and-match attributes is a pretty good idea, though, although I do agree that taking both boss and Biometal attributes into one character would be a bit too broken.  You could do Head (touch-screen abilities), Leg (mobility), and Arm (weapons) attributes of each of the Big Four Biometals, but possibly toning it down as opposed for a full Double Rock On (maybe modifying normal attacks but not charged).  'course for H's sake that would require actual dash exhaust from the feet, something Inti apparently doesn't believe in.  And you'd need some sort of mobility upgrade for F, maybe a dash-attack similar to Atlas's.

Something like that could probably work as an upgrade to Model X.

That's about the line of thinking I had. To reuse the example I made, take H's arms and Z's body to create a different slash combo (akin to the upper slash command in other games), but also sort of nerf other abilities depending on the combination (like if at any point you have an H part equipped, any F or P part would work half as well and vice versa, so it would take longer to defeat an enemy or any shadow dash only does half the distance, and so on). That way, there is no 'perfect' combination of parts since every part has an 'affliction' with another and causes the player to be weakened from somewhat to drastically (for another example, if H and F parts were incompatible, and you equipped H's body, F's Head, Arms, and Feet, then you'd be a bit slower and a bit weaker, but your flight would be non-existent by lasting less than half a second or you'd take more damage).

You guys all have some pretty good ideas,

I got one, reintroduce the Z-knuckle,

huh? :)

That was sort of a good idea, but it didn't do much. Shields ended up being temporary and no skills, the blaster weapons were only useful for activating things, and anything else was nearly useless.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 15, 2009, 05:27:37 AM

I'd have just made it to where the first Biometal determines the element and Main Weapon, then the second provides the Subweapon.

Beyond that, it's all additional movement abilities and one or two non-overlapping armor pieces slapped onto a generic sprite from there.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 15, 2009, 05:41:49 AM
Good Idea 8)

Because he's the one that "learns new powers as he fights" and can adapt weapons and such.

Uhhh, what about Zero's EX skills or Grey's A-trans huh?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: November 17, 2009, 04:57:03 PM
Good Idea 8)

Uhhh, what about Zero's EX skills or Grey's A-trans huh?
Zero learns skills similiar to the attacks of the defeated boss...X copies the whole attack
Since when does the A-trans belong to Grey? It´s the ability of model A, during the X time Axl...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: November 17, 2009, 06:07:29 PM
Zero's learning system and X's VWs are the same thing. Only Zero incorporates the attack as an executable sword attack while X outright does what the boss does. Remember, Dark Hold and Yammark option were the same for X and Zero.

Also, he meant Grey's A trans because well, You get what he meant. >_>

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #93 on: November 18, 2009, 09:41:39 PM
Theres only 2 armors.
theres 6 biometals.
Wut? Does it stop working if you add more pieces you could equip on each bodypart or what?

It would need some kind of explanation outside of rock-on, yeah.

I guess they would have to actually balance the parts then. Most of the biometals desperately needed something to make them interesting or at least equal in power to ZX. Ideally without abilities useful only in specific locales, like swimming, as that makes them no-brainer choices in those locales and (usually) useless outside of them.

As for armors, Neutral Armor was just a metaphor. I would hope it would be something that makes more sense with megamerges and all that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 18, 2009, 11:07:18 PM
This is Inti. they have no idea how to "balance" their idea of balancing is nerfing. just like their idea of hard mode.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:40 PM
I agree, Inti has been sucking lately, what happened to the magic that was MMZ

Dead, that's what.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:50 PM
OmegaZ, do get your head out of the gutter.

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:44 PM
 B(

Another question brought up

What Gutter?

Are you people again accusing me of fanboyism, because these are all opinions. ::)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 18, 2009, 11:31:56 PM
Opinions of a fanboy.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 19, 2009, 03:12:33 AM
I agree, Inti has been sucking lately, what happened to the magic that was MMZ

Dead, that's what.
That was a completely senseless post considering that Inti's definition of "hard mode" (nerfing) was in full force during MMZ.  That's the way it is with all of their games, save MM9.  In that one you're nerfed by default (seriously, he forgot how to SLIDE?!).