Rin · 37966

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 19, 2009, 02:57:27 AM
True XD

I don't even need a new final boss, things should've gone like this IMO

-Meeting with Subaru happens early, not almost until the [tornado fang]ing end -__-
-Small scenario leading to a boss battle with SSR, and after the battle you can find him like any other navi in the internet instead of only being able to fight him once (either that or they should've let you rechallenge him through your PET, seriously -__-)
-From that point on game proceeds as normal with some new smaller scenarios caused by Clockman messing something up between the usual scenarios (maybe some during the EXE1 scenarios too).
-Clockman scenario after Bombman, he's not destroyed and escapes to fight you again during the usual ending boss rush.
-Fight Dream Virus as usual, but the ending also includes some SSR and the last scene in the game should be Subaru leaving with Misora back to their time.
-Then finally the post-game scenario should add Burai time traveling for some reason (with him it's easy to come up with plenty XD) and Subaru returning to stop him. Also a Forte and Burai double boss battle for fanservice.

Anyways, does anyone have translations for the conversations with Subaru? I'm specially interested in the one where they both show each other a photo of their mom >.> Also the one where Subaru discusses what it's like inside a PET XD
Mmm.. I would have preferred it to be a new story set in EXE 1.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 19, 2009, 03:06:56 AM
Yeah, but we were told it was an EXE remake early =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: November 19, 2009, 03:26:09 AM
I would have liked to see Geo travel back and forth through time, fighting with MegaMan.exe in several of the series' scenarios, while taking out disturbances made by ClockMan.

(so, the order of the scenarios could be as random as: FireMan->JudgeMan->MagnetMan->PlantMan->etc.Man, plus a final or post-game scenario that takes place with Lan's kid)

In the end, we've got a BN1 port/remake game , so I guess there's not much point in me creating fanservicey ideas like that. It's fun, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:04 PM
Yeah, but we were told it was an EXE remake early =/
PU and MHX are also "remakes" This just isnt. It's a port + a little bit more. new mugshots, 1 new scenario,(late in the game mind you) new character,(gotten late in the game mind you) and a few new chips.
It is a letdown. When we heard "remake" we were thinking, new music, maybe new sprites, maybe even a second story. hell, maybe even a new Bn altogether. We heard it was an EXE1 remake, then we figured it starts out BN, then Geo comes into the picture, and it deviates from BN1 from there. maybe Geo has his own story.

But nooo. Just a mediocre port +.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: November 19, 2009, 10:05:58 PM
Yeah I know, even what I had said would be much more acceptable.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 19, 2009, 10:06:50 PM
To give people some context in an easy to digest form:

EXE 5 DS - Remake
OSS - Port with some "extras" slapped in.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 20, 2009, 01:02:49 AM
I would still call EXE 5 DS a port, but with better extras.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:54 AM
To give people some context in an easy to digest form:

EXE 5 DS - Remake
OSS - Port with some "extras" slapped in.

5's more of a remake than OSS yes, but I'd still consider it only ports with great extras.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 20, 2009, 01:29:13 AM
That's what I just said!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 20, 2009, 01:35:22 AM
You said better, I said great, there's a difference.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 30, 2009, 07:44:41 AM
Well, whatever, I'm going to start calling ShadowMan "TshadowMan", since apparently his name starts with T now.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 30, 2009, 07:51:11 AM
So have you heard? Apparently OSS is already in Bargain bins.
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2009/11/oss-already-in-bargain-bins.html

Okay, whoever IS NOT surprised, raise your hand.
*raises his own*

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:21 AM
I will only be sad if we don't get an official English release!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 30, 2009, 08:53:03 AM
I wouldnt want one. >~> I mean seriously. only if you havent played BN 1 would you want this game.
Hell I haven't, And I STILL dont want it...

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 30, 2009, 10:14:30 AM
I want it because I love Battle Network 1 so much that I would play it all over again, only slightly different next time!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 30, 2009, 10:33:11 AM
You mean barely even slightly.
But hey, whatever floats your boat. :\

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: December 01, 2009, 10:06:47 AM
I drained StoneMan's full HP with the Omega Cannon PA~ (Cannon ABCD) ^.^ </wii>
Aha, I think I found the full information on this: http://chuppa66.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FB9A48676951677F!362.entry
It appears that all the 5-code "Omega" Program Advances can now be made with only 4 chips, using either 4 letter codess in sequence, or 3 letters in sequence with the first or last chip doubled.  But then the original 5-chip Advance combinations are also listed... Are they superior to the 4-chip Omegas, or is a 5-chip Program Advance just a waste of an extra chip now?  I can't say for sure when I don't really know how to read Japanese.

By the way, I also found a rip of all the new music for Operate Shooting Star.  http://shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com/2009/11/mp3-2sf-rockman-exe-operate-shooting.html  So, all right, I've brought the thread back around to the original topic now!

Although I'd still like some confirmation as to whether GutsManV1 is the only Navi available in * code...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #92 on: December 01, 2009, 02:13:54 PM
By the way, I also found a rip of all the new music for Operate Shooting Star.

It was here all along. XD

I sent in the full 2SF set to the official 2SF ripping site at HCS. MP3 coming later. Hopefully tonight. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: December 01, 2009, 08:23:43 PM
But that's a seeeeeeeeecret topic!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 02:06:15 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: January 13, 2010, 06:13:31 AM
Hmm, that sound effects collection was interesting.  Is that how all the music in the game is made?  Not one long sound, but many short sounds played over one another at various speeds in various patterns?  I wonder how many were recorded directly from the Game Boy Advance and how many were only approximations.

Posted on: December 02, 2009, 09:59:06
No one feels like answering my questions anymore?  I was really starting to like this topic...