GENERAL COMIC BOOK THREAD (MANGA NOT ALLOWED)

Rin · 208738

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #975 on: September 20, 2011, 03:43:54 PM
I'm kinda confused as to why they'd decide to continue Suicide Squad over Secret Six. Were the sales that bad? It had a great ending, but it certainly had juice for much more.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: September 20, 2011, 03:49:59 PM
I'm honestly surprised Secret Six lasted as long as it did. I really don't think it had many readers at all, which is a damn shame.

I love Zatanna as well, but I highly doubt it had many readers.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: September 20, 2011, 04:02:54 PM
Too bad. It was one of my favorite villain books of all time, due to them acting more humanly and less "we're such cool villains". We got to see the other side of the battle, people with actual problems, family, relationships, and many other things we don't usually see in bad guys.

Let's hope Suicide Squad got some of that depth rubbed off on it.

Also, honestly believe Zatanna was a personal favor to Dini, in order for him not to leave DC. =P Didn't work, though.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:03 PM
It was still good though! XD

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: September 21, 2011, 10:02:18 PM
It was! Even though Zee's a tough character to work with in order to bring about a new story. You can never possibly measure any kind of "power level" with her.

Posted on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:26 PM
AWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

WONDY BOOK IS ON FIRE

ON FIRE, I TELL YOU

I am so happy.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: September 22, 2011, 05:57:48 AM
I got a hold of Green Lantern Corps 1, and Supergirl 1. Place was out of GL 1 though.

I really like the new Super Girl Suit. I really like it. The haircut is cool too. Reminds me of Power Girl.

Say, with the New 52 and all that, does that mean previous things like the Batman Beyond comics are canceled? And I assume we wont be seeing a Superman Beyond #1.

On another note, I also bought Batman Beyond #1 and Superman Beyond #0. (I read SB, but I liked it, so I figured id buy it)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: September 22, 2011, 09:59:57 AM
I got a hold of Green Lantern Corps 1, and Supergirl 1. Place was out of GL 1 though.

I really like the new Super Girl Suit. I really like it. The haircut is cool too. Reminds me of Power Girl.

Say, with the New 52 and all that, does that mean previous things like the Batman Beyond comics are canceled? And I assume we wont be seeing a Superman Beyond #1.

On another note, I also bought Batman Beyond #1 and Superman Beyond #0. (I read SB, but I liked it, so I figured id buy it)
GL books act as if nothing about the reboot happened. I like that.

Also, Beyond Universe stays where it is, but I think the Beyond comic is cancelled for now. Thank God though, they put Adam Beechen in charge, and he was kinda ruining it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: September 22, 2011, 07:26:18 PM
Guess anything that wasnt part of the big reboot is canned until they decide to re instate it.

that said;

[spoiler]Batman swiping Hal Jordan's ring in JL 1 was just plain amusing. "Your just a regular  guy in a bat suit? Are you kidding me?" Batman: *swipes ring* "Hmm, how does this work?"[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: September 22, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
The Beyond Universe is currently being given quite alot of attention, and alot of love with that recent comic series, the one-shot stories, the integration of a separate Beyond-like continuity in the normal DC Universe with Damian mentoring Terry McGinnis...

We're gonna see more of it, guaranteed.

Also, Bats #1 and Wondy #1 ruled. Wondy specially is the best thing I've ever seen her be the main character of. If it keeps on being as good, it'll be the best Wonder Woman run there is, and we'll finally have amazing Wondy books to speak of.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
I finally get to go to the store and pick them up today.

I had no doubt that Batman #1 was going to be awesome, cause Snyder is easily one of the best things DC has going for it right now. I was hoping Wonder Woman would be good, cause I love yelling out WONDER WOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN like the old TV show song!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: September 22, 2011, 10:49:44 PM
The Beyond Universe is currently being given quite alot of attention, and alot of love with that recent comic series, the one-shot stories, the integration of a separate Beyond-like continuity in the normal DC Universe with Damian mentoring Terry McGinnis...

We're gonna see more of it, guaranteed.

Also, Bats #1 and Wondy #1 ruled. Wondy specially is the best thing I've ever seen her be the main character of. If it keeps on being as good, it'll be the best Wonder Woman run there is, and we'll finally have amazing Wondy books to speak of.
I actually keep seeing on that Release date list floating around the web, Januay being tossed around with Batman Beyond in it, but supposedly unconfirmed.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: September 22, 2011, 11:25:37 PM
I finally get to go to the store and pick them up today.

I had no doubt that Batman #1 was going to be awesome, cause Snyder is easily one of the best things DC has going for it right now. I was hoping Wonder Woman would be good, cause I love yelling out WONDER WOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN like the old TV show song!
What I love the most about the new Batman, is that Snyder isn't being his usual crime dude thing man. In Detective Comics, he did Detective Stories. In here, he actually does BATMAN. Doing what Batman does best.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: September 24, 2011, 03:41:15 AM
So I finally got my comics today. Yeah, Bats & Wondy are definitely at the top of the list. I liked Supergirl too. Blue Beetle is interesting and I hope it keeps the spirit of the original Jaime comic. I also liked Nightwing as well.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: September 24, 2011, 07:21:06 AM
Wonder Woman really surprised me. I wasn't planning on picking it up but it showed up in my file so I thought, "What the hell?" and bought it.

Best decision this week.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #989 on: September 24, 2011, 07:34:56 AM

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: September 24, 2011, 11:34:16 AM
Yeah, it's been around for awhile.

Looks way, way better than expected.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: September 24, 2011, 06:32:42 PM
Not sure I dig it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: September 24, 2011, 09:08:46 PM

It's basically new Superman without the belt. Colors will definetly be adjusted for the movie.

Looks close enough for me to accept it without any problem whatsoever. The shield's the right size, and the cape's huge and beautiful.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: September 25, 2011, 01:37:33 AM
What works in a comic book doesnt necessarily always work in real life.

also dont be so sure. Remember Superman Returns had maroon instead of red. Wouldnt surprise me if the way the colors are now is the way it looks in the movie.

also-
the first pic up there is apparently shopped from 2 pics.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/man-of-steel-set-photos-featuring-the-superman-costume

The suit wouldnt bother me that much honestly, but the bulge is just incredibly distracting.

It resembles the comics a bit, but minus the armored look. just tights minus the undies.

I guess we should wait for actual footage, like a trailer, but for now? "Not sure if want"

Personally, I think its a pity Routh isnt getting a second shot at the cape. He bears an uncanny resemblance to Reeve.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: September 25, 2011, 01:45:04 AM
It's being co-produced by Nolan in order NOT to suck. Plus, the bulge and the cape are touched up with CG. We can't just ask the man to not be endowed. The suit's probably darker to suit the movie tone, which most probably won't be as cartoony as the originals. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach, but I got a good feeling about this one. Snyder's only stinker was when he was allowed to go rampant with his own ideas. He's very good at being true to originals, and this movie's rumoured to be an adaptation of Birthright, Superman's best origin, IMO.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: September 25, 2011, 02:17:01 AM
That looks [tornado fang]ing terrible. It's like the Batman & Robin movie all over again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: September 25, 2011, 04:15:55 AM
Well Im still gonna give it a chance, not gonna knock it till I see it, After all, when i heard Nolan was involved, I was pretty sure It was gonna be good, just my initial impressions of the costume are "eeeeeeeh...."

Also, it seems Clark Kent wont have Glasses? Theres at least 2 screens of him as Clark, without glasses.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #998 on: September 25, 2011, 04:50:38 AM
That looks [tornado fang]ing terrible. It's like the Batman & Robin movie all over again.
Is it silvery, with pointy nipples? No. It looks like the comic book version, which is what people keep bitching about all the time for superhero movie costumes to look like.

Instead of spelling doom for the movie right off the bat by simply looking at the costime and saying it's like the worst superhero movie of all time, just wait a bit for any good footage, at least. The movie's got good actors, it's got a decent director, and Nolan is co-producing it to make sure it doesn't suck. Nothing Nolan has ever touched has sucked. Have a little faith.

Also, it seems Clark Kent wont have Glasses? Theres at least 2 screens of him as Clark, without glasses.
Clark doesn't need glasses, he uses them as a disguise. Maybe he's not with people at the time, or he's simple removing them to reveal the costume after.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: September 25, 2011, 04:54:15 AM
No duh, It just surprised me, after all they are his ONLY disguise. And seeing as this time he doesnt seem to have the curl thing going on, (Curl as superman, hide the curl as clark)

Oh, related.