"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815477

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18075 on: December 12, 2012, 11:15:51 PM
....I was just curious of what the heck Zone of the Enders was and this popped up in my subscriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6KYD82jBdU&feature=g-subs-u

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18076 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:57 PM
You should play it. Such a great game. Especially the 2nd!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18077 on: December 12, 2012, 11:30:44 PM
I get a vibe of butthurt from that guy but I still have to kind of agree with him.
Ha.
He's just trying to hide the fact he's asspained.
I mean, it's so obvious you can't simply miss it, even if he does make some valid points.
In fact, that's how he's trying to hide it. By making those so called "valid points".
Which are obvious anyway.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18078 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:23 PM
You should play it. Such a great game. Especially the 2nd!
I'll have to see for myself first, I do kinda like those mech games things from what little I experienced in Multi-Player but I haven't actually played one.

Plus since this is the collection it must be expensive and hard to find, though I guess if my friend can get like 4 .hack games for like $120 I might find something in that local game store too, there's also a ton of copies of Legend of Dragoon last I checked.  

Before that I need to get a PS3, which will be soon.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18079 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:16 PM
The controls for the game are just so damn good! Music's awesome as well.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18080 on: December 12, 2012, 11:37:52 PM
Whaddaya tawkin' 'bout? Tumblah messed up just by existing!  8D
It's okay.  It burnt to the ground about an hour ago.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18081 on: December 12, 2012, 11:47:12 PM
It's okay.  It burnt to the ground about an hour ago.
[tornado fang] THAT [parasitic bomb]!
There's a video on tumblr I wanted to watch *and guess what, it doesn't work right now), which shows ADK dub of Zexal, which was eight months in the making, before 4Kids won the lawsuit over the rights. Cuz, well, apparently ADK [tornado fang]'d up.

Altough it does not use original music, and has some goofy added sound effects.

IT HAS [tornado fang]ing JOHNNY YONG BOSH AS YUMA (the main chara) PLUS:

Vic Mignogna (Shark), Richard Cansino (Bronk), Cassandra Morris, Sam Riegel, and Liam O’Brien

I've only seen a shitty clip with unsycronized audio... but I must say, I've never hated 4Kids in my ENTIRE LIFE, as much as I do now. IF ONLY THEY DIDN'T WIN!

I mean, I became cool with 4Kids eventually, I stopped minding them. But this awakened a new power of rage towards them in me.

Oh, and did I mentioned that apparently ADK [tornado fang]ing DID SEPARATE MUSIC SCORES FOR EACH EPISODE THEY DUBBED?
[tornado fang] [tornado fang] [tornado fang] [tornado fang]...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18082 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:11 PM
The controls for the game are just so damn good! Music's awesome as well.
Yeah I'm so out of touch with modern games right now it's not even funny, I mean I guess only having a Wii and not having a but load of money can do that.  And lets not forget my preference with handheld games.  Now I'm looking at all the old games I missed like Lufia and Seiken Densetsu 3.  

That's why I kinda want to be a Let's Player, I want to share my experiences with people.  Problem is I know next to nothing about video editing, I tried doing it with a friend but we became busy and he was forced to move away.

Though honestly when he tried to make Let's Plays it was [tornado fang]ing horrible, the Battle Network Let's Play we tried to do had de syncing issues so eventually he deleted it after a while.  His Ocarina Let's Play is even worse, the lag is amazing.  He doesn't know what happened, he said it ran on his computer just fine but when it got to Youtube it [tornado fang]'d up.  

We also tried doing a Bunny Must Die LP but he hasn't uploaded it yet, though I don't know how good that would be.  I'm sure it would upload fine, but my commentary wasn't the best because we were using Sykpe to communicate.  I could hear him just fine but the video lagged severely on my end, we eventually had to move to a Join Me, the lagging wasn't as bad but it was still bad.  The commentary might have been entertaining due to how suprised at almost everything I was, especially at the prologue.

The best was probably his Birth By Sleep Let's Play, the quality was good though some parts were extremely quiet due to recording in a undesirable place.  Not only did he play the game pretty well, but he showed off his talent at Texture Hacking and made Terra into Terranort pretty much throughout most of the series.  The problem is when I jumped in, his computer [tornado fang]'d up and the 4 videos were lost.  

So yeah that's what happened really.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18083 on: December 12, 2012, 11:57:52 PM
Heh, I don't know if I could ever do a Let's Play. Although watching me kick my friend's ass at Mario Kart or Brawl is definitely an experience!  8D

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #18084 on: December 13, 2012, 12:21:57 AM
Wow. I just faded into obsolescence over there. Then again, I didn't do anything.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18085 on: December 13, 2012, 12:25:41 AM
@Tron: I hear 5DS isn't bad once you get past the motorcycles. Is that true because I pretty much quit Yu-Gi-Oh after that anime came out. Both the anime and the card game (seeing as they [tornado fang]'d up the system I was used to)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18086 on: December 13, 2012, 12:29:22 AM
Heh, I don't know if I could ever do a Let's Play. Although watching me kick my friend's ass at Mario Kart or Brawl is definitely an experience!  8D
Yeah I know what you mean, I don't plan on doing 3D games because I suck at them so much already and don't have a Capture Card.  If I did do one it'd be the Sonic Adventure games but I remembered the last time I played I got stuck at the last levels in the main stories not the final ones.  I'd also totally do a Let's Look at God Eater Burst, that game is not Let's Play material however and I definitely want to show how much I suck at Megaman games.

First I would do Pokemon Leaf Green, after that Kirby's Adventure, and then Final Fantasy 5 because that was the only I beat beat in the series so that would be a good start.  It was either I got stuck at somewhere stupid (Final Fantasy 4 and 6), something else caught my attention and I didn't finish (Final Fantasy 1 and 3), too young to understand how to play (Final Fantasy 7) or just didn't really play them (Final Fantasy 2, and 9).  Course there are some I don't want to play (Final Fantasy 8 and 10-13).  

The point here is that I want to do games that I enjoyed as a kid and so my experiences playing them again, I mean I only play each Pokemon game once after all.  

I also don't want to bore people with only doing long games like Chuggaconroy and HcBailly or want them asking for more doing short games like Proton Jon and Clement J642, though I really shouldn't use Proton Jon or ClementJ642 as an example in this case since Jon update infrequently because of real life stuff and Clement is probably on of the most insane LPer I know since he pretty much Let's Played the entire Megaman Series and Sonic series in one go with a few other games here and there.  Seriously LPing an entire series in one go is a horrible idea.  I want to do it in the pattern of a Long game, short game, long game, short game etc.

I guess what I want to do is kinda like Naka Teleeli but not with the insanity he does.  He does both short and long games, and very very obscure and unusual ones at that,  but he Let's Plays 3 of them at one and cycles through those 3 in a pattern 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 etc.  Currently he's doing the Zone of the Enders Let's Play I posted above, the Transformers game, and Megaman Legends 2 (I highly recommend that one, he's not a hard core Megaman Fan so there is no Capcom rage at all.).  

I want to start small and do a video a week and probably keep it that way for most of it, I don't want to upload videos everyday and have an insane and entitled fan base like Chuggaconroy does.  I love Chugga but his fan base is horrible. I know he doesn't like to be negative and he only reads a few comments on Youtube and Facebook but I have to wonder how his fan base got so out of control, how he can deal with that, and still be a happy insane guy.

But I really shouldn't expect things until I try them, I mean I don't know how this would work.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18087 on: December 13, 2012, 12:38:08 AM
Humor definitely helps. I think that's what gives Game Grumps it's appeal.

I mean, this is hilarious!

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18088 on: December 13, 2012, 12:39:24 AM
@Tron: I hear 5DS isn't bad once you get past the motorcycles. Is that true because I pretty much quit Yu-Gi-Oh after that anime came out. Both the anime and the card game (seeing as they [tornado fang]'d up the system I was used to)
5D's is great... though in season 3 with the huge team based tournament it loses a lot of its steam, but eventually picks up again and contains some of my favorite YGO moments.

You should check it out, the Signer and Dark Signer arcs (first 50 or so episodes) are some of the best stuff ever.

Zexal is good too, well, not as great as 5D's. But it's not as bad as [tornado fang]ing GX.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18089 on: December 13, 2012, 12:44:42 AM
Humor definitely helps. I think that's what gives Game Grumps it's appeal.

I mean, this is hilarious!
I tried watching the Game Grumps but I just couldn't like them.  Then again I don't think they're really Let's Players, they just love having fun and messing around.

I prefer BrainScratch comms and the RunAway Guys.

But yeah humor definitely helps.  I'm picking Squirtle due to the convoluted theory that Prof. Oak uses it to get from Cinnabar to Pallet all the time and I want to free him from Oak's abusive nature.  I mean where else did Oak come from when he stops you from going into the grass he didn't come from Virdian and he was no where else.  And I'm totally ignoring the fact that the Pokeballs are still in the lab.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18090 on: December 13, 2012, 12:55:11 AM
True. They don't follow the Let's Play formula.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18091 on: December 13, 2012, 12:57:01 AM
I mean I understand why people like them, but it's not in my taste.  Just like how I don't like South Park and Family Guy anymore.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18092 on: December 13, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
And yet you still like my GoRPM's. I'm touched!  8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18093 on: December 13, 2012, 01:15:05 AM
Because you're whitty and don't rely on male humor or get in your face with your humor like the other examples.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #18094 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:47 AM
5D's is great... though in season 3 with the huge team based tournament it loses a lot of its steam, but eventually picks up again and contains some of my favorite YGO moments.

You should check it out, the Signer and Dark Signer arcs (first 50 or so episodes) are some of the best stuff ever.

Zexal is good too, well, not as great as 5D's. But it's not as bad as [tornado fang]ing GX.

GX was fricking horrible. It's only saving grace was that it's protagonist had some awesomely cheesy one liners.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #18095 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:51 AM
GX was fricking horrible. It's only saving grace was that it's protagonist had some awesomely cheesy one liners.
Just be sure to watch 5D's subbed. Not dubbed. If at all. Though I probably don't need to tell you that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18096 on: December 13, 2012, 02:03:55 AM
Anyone with a Brooklyn accent?  8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #18097 on: December 13, 2012, 03:38:47 AM
I'm thinking about checking out Monster Hunter.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18098 on: December 13, 2012, 03:40:52 AM
I've never played Monster Hunter, though I hear God Eater Burst is similar except it has a story.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18099 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:38 AM
"[tornado fang]ing hell, this topic exploded when I wasn't looking."