"What Are You Thinking Now?"

Sakura Leic · 2815609

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16150 on: June 19, 2012, 09:16:13 AM
The original Brahm Stoker Dracula novel was public domain in the U.S. since it's publication, since Stoker failed to follow proper copyright procedure. Everywhere else, it became public domain 50 years after Stoker's death.

That's certainly interesting.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16151 on: June 19, 2012, 09:18:13 AM
There are many novels that are in public domain.  The Barsoom series is public domain.  You can write and sell sequels and side stories about it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16152 on: June 19, 2012, 09:19:40 AM
The original Brahm Stoker Dracula novel was public domain in the U.S. since it's publication, since Stoker failed to follow proper copyright procedure. Everywhere else, it became public domain 50 years after Stoker's death.

That's certainly interesting.
Wow that's pretty crazy, I mean since he failed to copy right it in the first place.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16153 on: June 21, 2012, 02:47:40 AM
Haha, I love how 4chan is bitching because of no Rolling R's. It was annoying as [parasitic bomb] anyway.

Guess I'm going to have to buy a new 1TB hard drive if I want to use Wii Backups since the drive I was going to use conveniently died on me. Lucky for me I have all those Savings bonds.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16154 on: June 21, 2012, 04:55:40 AM
Minecraft LEGOS... :O

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16155 on: June 21, 2012, 04:59:38 AM
That seems so redundant |:

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16156 on: June 21, 2012, 05:11:14 AM
Look in the Reposted thread.  Behold their redundancy and splendor.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16157 on: June 21, 2012, 05:14:50 AM
Yeah I saw. Knew for a few months now. There's some Penny Arcade strip that accurately sums up my thoughts but I am too lazy to get it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16158 on: June 21, 2012, 05:58:47 AM
Look in the Reposted thread.  Behold their redundancy and splendor.

Aren't they like, $20 or some [parasitic bomb] like that for only 80 or so blocks?
Ripoff geniuses at Lego.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16159 on: June 21, 2012, 06:34:43 AM
Aren't they like, $20 or some [parasitic bomb] like that for only 80 or so blocks?
Ripoff geniuses at Lego.
[parasitic bomb]'s expensive, no?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16160 on: June 21, 2012, 07:10:39 AM
Yeah, I'd rather buy cool expensive stuff.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16161 on: June 21, 2012, 08:12:50 AM
I'll pass it to my brother.  He might buy me one.  Else, I'm not buying one myself.  Legos are too expensive.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16162 on: June 21, 2012, 02:23:03 PM
I think I have more money's worth of Lego than games. Most expensive set I ever got was the Imperial Star Destroyer (the smaller one).

EDIT: Wait no. Maybe not.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16163 on: June 21, 2012, 02:43:51 PM
HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE FOLKS!!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16164 on: June 22, 2012, 05:46:41 AM
Real life social interaction with people, why is it apparently a needed skill?
I can't approach people to start a conversation. I need people to talk to me to even want to talk to others.

Friends, why are they even needed?
I've had bad experiences with friends (one provoked me to slap a 4th grader, another stole some of my games) to this date I've only really had one true friend offline. And even then I don't interact with him anymore.

Everytime I get into arguements with my parents about this, I just don't understand why they can't just listen to me and understand that I hate and want to avoid any unnecessary interaction with other people, especially in an environment where I need to succeed, that being College.

They keep saying that I'm going to want to move out, they keep saying that I'll need to have a roommate. Dad keeps giving me [parasitic bomb] involving women and dating, my parents both pressure me to do things that I have no interest in, such as when I got sent to hell for a month (even if it isn't really hell and I am just overexaggerating.), they think that sharing interests with others = sharing a general interest (i.e. Liking video games, despite almost everyone I know only plays Cash Cow bullshit like CoD and Madden. Everybody in my area that I know of who "enjoys" anime only watches Naruto, Bleach, etc. or are massive [tornado fang]ing yaoi freaks, and anything that I've watched, regardless of how commonplace it is, they've never seen it/heard of it.) I just want it to end. Social interaction is a [tornado fang]ing crock and unless its online where I can be (mostly) anonymous, I don't want to be a part of it.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #16165 on: June 22, 2012, 07:49:39 AM
Finally got some pre-graduation presents: All six paper-back volumes of Scott Pilgrim (always wanted to read the comics after playing the game's demo and watching the movie adaptation; I know, a bad way to into a book) and Extra Lives: Why Video Games Matter. 8)

Also, it feels like I'm walking in Magmoor Caverns while Torkoal is hitting me with Heat Wave here.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16166 on: June 22, 2012, 08:33:28 AM
Real life social interaction with people, why is it apparently a needed skill?
I can't approach people to start a conversation. I need people to talk to me to even want to talk to others.

Friends, why are they even needed?
I've had bad experiences with friends (one provoked me to slap a 4th grader, another stole some of my games) to this date I've only really had one true friend offline. And even then I don't interact with him anymore.

Everytime I get into arguements with my parents about this, I just don't understand why they can't just listen to me and understand that I hate and want to avoid any unnecessary interaction with other people, especially in an environment where I need to succeed, that being College.

They keep saying that I'm going to want to move out, they keep saying that I'll need to have a roommate. Dad keeps giving me [parasitic bomb] involving women and dating, my parents both pressure me to do things that I have no interest in, such as when I got sent to hell for a month (even if it isn't really hell and I am just overexaggerating.), they think that sharing interests with others = sharing a general interest (i.e. Liking video games, despite almost everyone I know only plays Cash Cow bullshit like CoD and Madden. Everybody in my area that I know of who "enjoys" anime only watches Naruto, Bleach, etc. or are massive [tornado fang]ing yaoi freaks, and anything that I've watched, regardless of how commonplace it is, they've never seen it/heard of it.) I just want it to end. Social interaction is a [tornado fang]ing crock and unless its online where I can be (mostly) anonymous, I don't want to be a part of it.

I always was happier when I had no roommates.  My folks thought I needed friends and such, until they saw how much happier I was alone.  I currently live alone and I'm happy like this.

Some of us simply cannot live with other people.  We may have to learn how eventually, but until then, may as well be happy being loners.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #16167 on: June 22, 2012, 11:43:41 PM
Was Grandure an actual location in the Star Wars universe? Many seem to have delusions about it.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16168 on: June 23, 2012, 03:28:11 AM
Well it's nice to have finally fixed and sorted all 100+ albums. Now to skim through the artist list for some new stuf- WHAT.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16169 on: June 23, 2012, 06:30:50 AM
Whenever I see someone besides me checking the "who's online list" I instinctively say hello.

"HELLO QUICKIE! :D"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16170 on: June 23, 2012, 06:40:42 AM
odd

i never expected this much activity here again :<

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Archer

Reply #16171 on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:44 AM
odd

i never expected this much activity here again :<

It is rather strange.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16172 on: June 23, 2012, 07:15:13 AM
Whenever I see someone besides me checking the "who's online list" I instinctively say hello.

"HELLO QUICKIE! :D"

Hello Flame! :D

I usually just leave it on the "Who's Online" list while I'm doing stuff on Wookieepedia.  NOW YOU KNOW MY SECRET. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16173 on: June 23, 2012, 07:38:24 AM
I always figured you were just waiting for  anyone to post something somewhere on the site.

"C'MON, SOMEONE POST SOMETHIIIIIING..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16174 on: June 23, 2012, 08:00:01 AM
That, too.  Particularly around 3 or 4 am.  When I should be going to bed.

On another note, an active fanfic writer on TFN has died, as a result of a car accident. 

May the Force be with you, FelsGoddess.