AquaTeamV3 · 9072

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 04:32:04 AM
I love the animation for it, but the damage is pretty horrible.  Not even Buster Plus can fix that one.
True, but it makes it all the more sweet when you kick X's ass using that alone. >U<

Other than that I pretty much just use it as an anti-Taxi weapon.  Funny, though, Shot Eraser/Black Zero effects apply to the Z-Buster the same as they do the saber, so you can cut through X's shots with that little pea-shooter.

Inversely, X can destroy Zero's shots with Gaea Armor.  But you're REALLY asking for trouble if you try that against Awakened Zero, since his shot delay is determined by when the previous shot pauses and not by timer, thus destroying them outright will cause him to launch the saber wave instantly.

Hyper Dash translates to dash-jumps pretty well, particularly when fighting enemies like the Nightmare Mother where precise jumping is needed (especially in Extreme mode).  Speedster is better when you need to clear pits, like the one in Metal Shark Player's stage, for instance.
It depends on your method.  For maximum dash-jump distance, you want Hyper Dash and Jumper; Speedster is irrelevant.  Speedster aids in those who prefer air-dashing for whatever reason (which I suppose is valid if you're Mach Dashing or Nova Striking your way through, although the latter pretty much gets you where you need to go by itself), and in weapon-physics-exploiting.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 10:52:12 AM
Speedster rocks for hovering.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 02:59:50 PM
Funny, though, Shot Eraser/Black Zero effects apply to the Z-Buster the same as they do the saber, so you can cut through X's shots with that little pea-shooter.

Inversely, X can destroy Zero's shots with Gaea Armor.  But you're REALLY asking for trouble if you try that against Awakened Zero, since his shot delay is determined by when the previous shot pauses and not by timer, thus destroying them outright will cause him to launch the saber wave instantly.

Never knew Z-Buster actually got the effects of the Shot Eraser, I'll have to try that one out.  I lol'd at the idea of Zero smacking you in the face the instant you destroy his shots, though.

It depends on your method.  For maximum dash-jump distance, you want Hyper Dash and Jumper; Speedster is irrelevant.  Speedster aids in those who prefer air-dashing for whatever reason (which I suppose is valid if you're Mach Dashing or Nova Striking your way through, although the latter pretty much gets you where you need to go by itself), and in weapon-physics-exploiting.

It also helps with double-jumping, as Zero can clear quite a good distance with a simple Speedster enhanced DJ.  I never really liked Jumper as a part, honestly, as it just makes the characters as a whole feel very floaty (sorta like Brawl).  It's pretty much a necessity if you want to beat Nightmare Mother as Normal X, though.

Speedster rocks for hovering.

That it does.  I only wish they had made the duration a bit longer for it, but Speedster does at least help you get some nice distance off of it.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 07:28:31 AM
Oh man, Zero is so sick with Jumper & Speedster in X6.