Raiders = Red Alert?

Flame · 15173

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2009, 08:57:17 PM
Its very possible, what do you think? I was playing, and noticed that there is Red's face all over the ship in ZXA. Is it possible, that whatever was left of Red Alert, after X7, eventually became the Raiders? I mean, we all thought Repliforce was annihalated in X4 and after 5, and yet they survived long enough that their ships still existed in Neo Arcadia.

Discuss?.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:35:39 PM
Maybe. Does it change anything?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:56 PM
Maybe. Does it change anything?

It makes Model A Axl.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
...wut?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:02:28 PM
as if it wasn't to begin with.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 10:57:42 PM
Wow Capcom DID have a reason to put a model character that by the story isnt supposed to fricking exist since x7 has nothing to do with the zero ZX series in the first place.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:48:56 PM
Wow Capcom DID have a reason to put a model character that by the story isnt supposed to fricking exist since x7 has nothing to do with the zero ZX series in the first place.
What exactly are you trying to tell us here?

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:50:48 PM
and noticed that there is Red's face all over the ship in ZXA

Really? : o
Pic please?

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 12:00:14 AM
Is it possible, that whatever was left of Red Alert, after X7, eventually became the Raiders?

And, more importantly, does anyone care?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 12:26:15 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 12:33:43 AM
Huh, I never noticed the Red-in-a-capsule before...

That is the stupidest thing I've heard since the lunch lady's sixth husband, Phillipe, ran away to the Nunnery.

X7 is as much a part of Zero/ZX background as any other X-series game.  X6's preview-sealing, X7's foreboding dreams, Orbital Elevators (Z1, Z3, X8, and XCM there), Omega's Rekkoha (X6 skill), and probably many more points that I'm not bothering to keep track of.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:36:14 AM
English, mother [tornado fang]er. Do you speak it?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 01:23:47 AM
Huh, I never noticed the Red-in-a-capsule before...

It's nothing like Red. It's more like a sort of recolored Galleon with a tube on its back attached to the airship. Once Ashe stands on top of it, it raises its head, causing the tube on his back to blend oddly with the highlight of the casing creating the illusion of Red's helmet design.

X7 is as much a part of Zero/ZX background as any other X-series game.  X6's preview-sealing, X7's foreboding dreams, Orbital Elevators (Z1, Z3, X8, and XCM there), Omega's Rekkoha (X6 skill), and probably many more points that I'm not bothering to keep track of.

That and between all of Inti's games, ZXA is probably the most connected to X7, what with copy abilities becoming an increasingly important plot point. I don't see how one can deny all the allusions made between Advent and story of X7, X8 and XCM

they survived long enough that their ships still existed in Neo Arcadia.

The ships in question do not imply how long Repliforce survived. Repliforce has after all not been seen since X5. It's merely that their facilities and such were put to use by others without ever having the Repliforce symbol removed.

Underground Laboratory
ZERO 1
An old research facility used by Repliforce marines long ago to investigate oceanic geological features, for the purposes of oceanic development and early detection of volcano eruptions. The large caverns leading to the depths of the ocean came to double as a sort of natural fortress for their military base of operations. More recently, captured Reploids were organized and shipped to Neo Arcadia from here to be used as test subjects in experiments or for extra parts.

...wut?

Isn't it obvious? If we accept such a direct connection between the Illegal Hunters and Red Alert, we must also accept Model A as being Axl without a doubt.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 01:27:07 AM
Then what would that make the whole Model Albert thing?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 01:34:08 AM
Exactly what he said it was, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 01:36:51 AM
Then what would that make the whole Model Albert thing?
Just because he made the model doesn't mean it's his soul in there.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 01:40:22 AM
True, but the rest of the biotels are named after the reploid they're a model of.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 01:44:59 AM
True, but the rest of the biotels are named after the reploid they're a model of.
...So? Albert had a god complex, and it's certainly not his soul in that model. It's not hard to imagine that he would name one of his better creations after himself.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 01:46:24 AM
Not saying it means anything, as you said, Albert has a god complex which makes it easy to imagine he'd name anything after himself.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 01:57:09 AM

You might recall The First Commander named those. Whereas Albert named Model A. Model A really really dislikes that name.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 02:00:37 AM
Well, seing how the name associates him with someone like Albert he has every right to hate it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 02:48:38 AM
Model A is model Albert not just in vanity, but simply because he carries Alberts plans and data in it. thats just about it. Model A aside from that, is either Axl, or directly based on Axl from research into the copy ability.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 07:25:17 PM
Exactly.  Model A is Albert's backup system.  But it cannot be Albert's soul if Albert is still around and the two are defying each other.

Ciel's Biometals, named for their respective Reploids, also have the abilities of said Reploids.  What combat abilities does Albert have?  He shields himself with Model W fragments, that's about it.  Only the copy ability links them.

Consider what happened to the Big Four (red host eyes with Biometals' will overridden), Grey's red eye flash in the opening, and the fact that four broken capsules are in the same room as him.  I don't think it's any small stretch that Model A's will was considered irrelevant to Albert's backup plan in the same manner that the Big Four's wills are irrelevant to their hosts.  From Albert's view, the only point to Model A's soul is its combat abilities, which incidentally allows Albert's backup to realistically obtain enemy DNA data without Model W's aid.

So who better than the only copy-capable Class-S Hunter of 22XX?

Then we have the obvious design inspiration.  Dual pistols, emphasis on aiming over firepower (albeit in a different execution, similar to the copy ability itself), rapid-fire Giga Attack, matching helmet frame and side extensions, the fragment itself carrying an even greater resemblance, and a child-like voice to boot.  Similar character development in that it starts out quick to run but grows more aggressive and trigger-happy given an appropriate role model to follow.  Model A is very obviously designed after Axl, and given the nature of Biometal (8 other models all referencing past characters), you'd need a hell of a good reason for it to not be Axl in the story.

Oh yeah, and even though this is english-exclusive, ZXA was not the first time we saw the name "A-Trans", either.  It's also the name given to Axl's copy ability in X8.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 02:07:09 AM
Isn't it obvious? If we accept such a direct connection between the Illegal Hunters and Red Alert, we must also accept Model A as being Axl without a doubt.
Ah...sarcasm.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 03:49:25 PM
Ah...sarcasm.

That wasn't sarcasm.