SRW Endless Frontier EXCEED

Setsuna F. Seiei · 68777

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 06:32:17 AM
It's T-elos.

and for the most part it still technically is OG since all the characters are owned by Bamco, and Banpresto to begin with is owned by Bamco.

But aside from KOS-MOS, T-elos, Reiji, Xiamou and their related series characters, all other characters were original creations. None have ever appeared in any previous SRW title.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 04:37:35 PM
Well defeats the entire purpose of SRW.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 04:39:14 PM
I played the first game recently. Not much though. It's pretty cool. Timed hits in combat, that's good. The first dungeon is really really bland though. Does it get better?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 08:19:58 AM
I played the first game recently. Not much though. It's pretty cool. Timed hits in combat, that's good. The first dungeon is really really bland though. Does it get better?

Honestly...no.

[spoiler=reveals the plot behind the game]As you play, you'll notice a particular kind of enemy appearing called Einst which are incredibly tough for the dungeon you'll be in at the time. Apparently THEY'RE the entire reason why the world's are so [tornado fang]'d up and all this is mentioned literally right before the final dungeon, which effectively is nothing more than a 3-4 boss Rush Mode of particular bosses, and when you beat the game, you find out that all the worlds used to be one until someone went and [tornado fang]'d it all up (I don't know who since the only Einst you actually meet says he wanted to fix things, albeit in monotone zombie speak, but apparently the crystals that are associated with them are also making a giant mess). Haken also apparently is some kind of prototype and the Black Phantom is his Personal Trooper who somehow manages to get the other two PT's to join the party (the third one just explodes), but overall they impact the story of the game with minimal effect.[/spoiler]

The combat also gets old since you stop getting new combat skills shortly after level 20 or 30, and as for a New Game+, all you get to do is keep items that aren't important. Your levels, skills, and stats disappear back to the original values. You don't unlock any new side quests or missions, and as far as hidden things go, it seem as if only the hidden boss fight (which is actually a joke depending on your levels and items; if you can beat the final boss, you can beat the hidden boss and vice versa, there's almost no difference stat wise) is the only thing there. Once you beat the game, there's almost no reason to go back in playing it unless you just want to wail on the enemies with the weapons and armor you had beforehand, and I'm not sure if you can stock up on the weapon the hidden boss gives you.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 13, 2009, 03:35:56 PM
Been playing on. Just got Suzuka. She's pretty cool.

But the more I play the more I get the impression that this game is actually about tits and everything else is just tacked on.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 03:56:24 PM
The special weapons can be stocked, but only one per playthrue. (everything item wise except key items carry over)

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 06:15:55 PM
[youtube]kDrHfBqZmA8[/youtube]

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 06:25:31 PM
I honestly expected the return of the cast from the first game.. but damn I want that booklet.  X(

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 06:28:28 PM
I honestly expected the return of the cast from the first game..

Good thing they're back. Cause Reiji is awesome.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 06:57:58 PM
Yay, fun seeing them back~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 07:04:20 PM
I honestly expected the return of the cast from the first game.. but damn I want that booklet.  X(

Terada said it in the promo months ago that they would be back.

Better scans

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 07:21:46 PM
Of course, but it was still fairly obvious. Hopefully they'll have 20+ more moves this time around. :P

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 09:42:30 PM
I hope they got rid of forced evasion. That's the biggest crock of [parasitic bomb] I have ever seen in a videogame.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 09:45:39 PM
Yeah, I played the rom and watched the trailer. What's the point of displaying the enemy's attacks in trailers if your guys are speedy as hell?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 09:50:09 PM
It's even worse if enemy use that. The point just evades me though.

Why make a system like this and then add a feature which just blocks is completely?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 10:39:37 PM
Been playing on. Just got Suzuka. She's pretty cool.

But the more I play the more I get the impression that this game is actually about tits and everything else is just tacked on.

Your impression be on the mark. You get to the destination, you're greeted with a Boss Battle and a sex joke, and MAYBE a sliver of development if you're lucky.

I hope they got rid of forced evasion. That's the biggest crock of [parasitic bomb] I have ever seen in a videogame.

Forced Evasion. Worst. System. EVER. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea? I pray to god they remove it from the sequel, that may actually get my attention to Asseed.

Though, they'd have to add more characters and robots and an actual story this time for me to really care.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 10:53:44 PM
Forced Evasion. Worst. System. EVER. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea? I pray to god they remove it from the sequel, that may actually get my attention to Asseed.

Though, they'd have to add more characters and robots and an actual story this time for me to really care.

Horrible pun aside, I'd rather think that you may be right on the money there. I'd like to see a plot from Cybuster, if not, as well as a few additional cameo-bots from OG 1+2 aside from the primary cast from Altisen (the robot itself)'s viewpoint, and the Einsts.. and.. additional cameos from Xenosaga if they are still having Xenosaga cameos. *cough*

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 01:11:49 AM

The scans say players get forced evasion now as well. Apparently at the cost of the gauge.

I'd like to see a plot from Cybuster, if not, as well as a few additional cameo-bots from OG 1+2 aside from the primary cast from Altisen (the robot itself)'s viewpoint, and the Einsts.. and.. additional cameos from Xenosaga if they are still having Xenosaga cameos. *cough*

Terada said a while ago that they have no real interest in the Cybuster story. It has nothing to do with Winkysoft or rights, they just don't care. And also that OG characters won't appear in this series.

And Nacht was based on the Gepenst-MKIII from the SM world that belonged to BeoWulf/Einst Kyosuke, not the normal Kyosuke Nanbu.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 01:16:58 AM
That's a shame, at least the bar will (slightly) balance the gameplay.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 01:08:41 AM
I think I'm far enough into this game to say that I like it. It certainly is not the greatest thing ever, but it's fun. And I reeeeeaaaaaally like Xiaomu.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 03:03:15 AM
The scans say players get forced evasion now as well. Apparently at the cost of the gauge.

Payback's gonna be a [sonic slicer] bVd

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 07:48:37 AM
YES, DEAR GOD, [tornado fang] YES!!!

This game is now at the awesomeness that if you haven't played OGs, and especially OGG, then you have no business playing it!!!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 09:23:57 AM
the only good thing about this is not-ialdabaoth.

seriously, [tornado fang] mini-excellen and shitty version of Axel.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 03:16:55 PM

I think the most apt description of Endless Frontier I've ever heard was "a game about air juggles and tit jokes."

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 04, 2009, 02:47:13 AM
Official Site updated. LOL the OGs instantly now outrank the old cast members.
http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_mugenexceed/index.html

shitty version of Axel.

Click on Axel's voice clip. >_>