Are the Big 4 technically X's children?

CyberXIII · 20144

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 08:27:46 PM
Where are the actual scientists that created these in your argument? Gate created his Repliroids, nobody else.
He used Zero's DNA though. The Nightmare, is made from Zero's DNA. Gate's armor, is as well, and so is High Max. Not to mention Zero Nightmare which is outright a (badly made) clone.

also, how does Sigma have nothing to do with Mother Elf? she was made from his Virus.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 08:44:20 PM
He used Zero's DNA though. The Nightmare, is made from Zero's DNA. Gate's armor, is as well, and so is High Max. Not to mention Zero Nightmare which is outright a (badly made) clone.

The use of someone's "DNA" doesn't automatically make one a father. Case in point, the Zero Nightmare is defined as a "clone", not a "child."

also, how does Sigma have nothing to do with Mother Elf? she was made from his Virus.

She wasn't. She was made using data obtained from the Sigma Virus within Zero.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #27 on: October 07, 2009, 03:42:21 PM
Can't we just call that the Maverick/Zero Virus?  Calling the virus in Zero (or the program, whatever) the Sigma Virus is too confusing... -AC

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 07, 2009, 05:04:33 PM
Can't we just call that the Maverick/Zero Virus?  Calling the virus in Zero (or the program, whatever) the Sigma Virus is too confusing... -AC

No, we can't. The "Maverick Virus" is a generic term that applies to all the viruses in question. Likewise, "Zero Virus" is X5 exclusive. It's simply that we use whatever the official sources say; Sigma Virus.

I don't see what's so confusing here. The "Sigma Virus" within Zero is the very same "Sigma Virus" he was the original carrier of; that is, before the inclusion of Sigma.

And even then, the details concerning Mother Elf's relation to Sigma Virus are mostly unspecified and of questionable canon.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 08:20:42 PM
People just get confused because they think how can it be Sigma virus if Sigma hadnt gotten it yet. >_> the thing is though, it didnt HAVE a name before Sigma got it.  Its just retroactively called Sigma Virus for lack of a name of its own.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 09:44:22 PM
I know we had this discussion before but I forget the outcome: wasn't the virus changed when it came into contact with Sigma? therefore deserving separate names before and after

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 10:47:31 PM
The only change was that it became integrated with his DNA. That it became part of him. but overall, it is still the same.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:20 PM
Geez, the whole Virus thing is confusing. Is it even Dr. Wily's creation? Wouldn't the Zero and Maverick Virus, then, be the same thing? I'm guessing not. I assume the Sigma Virus is the virus when it follows Sigma's orders.

MHX/IHX almost made it sound like it was derived when X was released from his 30-year diagnostic scan early.
[spoiler]And it took archeology to find Light's lab? I walk into 30-year old buildings all the time, unless X was hidden underground.[/spoiler]

And as far as Mother Elf, I'm guessing that they took the Sigma Virus, Zero nicely isolated it, they found how to undo it, and then created Mother Elf as a massive carrier/distributor for the antivirus.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:42 PM
1. The virus has been Proven Wily's. Dont know why you deny it...
It was meant to make Zero irregular.

2. In that case, X was obviously underground. Would you leave the worlds greatest most advanced Creation helpless in your lab where he can be found by anyone upon your death?
No.
He built and hid him in some underground secret lab of his.

3. You just re stated all that was already known about Mother Elf. It wasnt quite just an anti-virus, but more of an un-virus. It directly rewrote Maverick programming, returning it to its original state.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 11:29:22 PM
MHX/IHX almost made it sound like it was derived when X was released from his 30-year diagnostic scan early.

How do you even get that from a game that doesn't mention Sigma Virus at all?

Also, all indicators on the capsule were green and a 100 years have passed. Early? More like late.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 11:44:09 PM
I think he means that stuff that Cappy said a while back about the Suffering Circuit causing the Virus, and poorly wording it to sound like it was X's fault.

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 04:57:56 AM
I'm not sure if the Four Guardians are X's children. But I do believe that they were built to protect X while he was asleep, then got confused when Copy X arrived and took them away. But I don't quite understand if they are related or not. But some fanfictions have some parings with Leviathan and Harpuia. In fact, about all this stuff makes me wanted to look on Megaman Wikia, which I'm on right now. O_O

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 06:44:06 AM
Nononooo. Megaman Wikia is a nono. confide in us.

Big 4's origins are shady, supposedly made for environmental cleanup, but they were used for war instead. its weird.

Its not clear if they know Copy X is a copy, but even if they do, its most likely they dont care, because copy or not, he is still X, and they are sworn to him. they follow both X, and Copy X, depending on which one's around.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 07:46:47 PM
It seems they were made for something besides war, but that makes me wonder what Phantom and Fefnir were doing while Harupia ruled the skies and Levethian cleaned the...reefs or whatever. Which is why they had those special weapons made, possibly AFTER they were created they just decided to follow copy X since there really wasnt anyone that leader like around.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:03 PM
Which is why they had those special weapons made

Their weapons weren't made for war either.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 08:22:06 PM
Which is why I always wondered what fefnir and phantom were for, I mean, they were all trying to help the humans or something, right? RIGHT?!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 08:41:10 PM
Which is why I always wondered what fefnir and phantom were for, I mean, they were all trying to help the humans or something, right? RIGHT?!
Phantom was the only one explicitly not made for earth restoration. He was from the start, designed as X's bodyguard. The phantom in his shadow.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 02:59:03 AM
So that means that fefnir was created to control volcanic activity? Store volcanoes for power?

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: October 10, 2009, 12:21:22 AM
I actually thought of Fefnir, that he cultivates the land, by fertiling the land like a farmer, so that new life can grow on it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #44 on: October 10, 2009, 01:54:13 AM
Did not need that mental image of Fefnir fertilizing land.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 10, 2009, 04:44:24 AM
Did not need that mental image of Fefnir fertilizing land.
lol. what's so bad about it? It sounds funny to me.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 10, 2009, 04:51:45 AM
DARN YOU SOIL WE SHALL FIGHT TO SEE WHO IS FITTEST RGGHHHHH! 8D
I think its the fact that this guy who carries the big gun would be have a harvest moon side.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:16:16 AM by Super Nova »

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 03:47:37 AM
*nods* :o

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 03:49:47 AM
Quick reminder, OmegaZ0153; Check the date of the last post.

Also, I sense a Lock coming..

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 03:51:26 AM
Crap, did it again!

Really need to start watching that! -AC

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*