How did you get interested in Mega Man?

CyberXIII · 12241

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 04:48:27 AM
how did i ever find this series interesting...

oh right, i played one of the famicom games as a kid, completely forgot about it, then like 5-6 years ago, read B&G, "acquired" every game at the time, and went on a rock/megaguy binge.

... there is absolutely nothing wrong with me |:

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 08:18:13 AM
My first Mega Man game was Mega Man

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 09:31:45 AM
mine too

that CutMan had a nice tune

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 08:12:15 PM
And a sooner date of death than the rest. He was my first.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 12:50:17 AM
Damn that seductive and sexually confusing Zero!

dragqueenzero.jpg

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 06:19:11 PM
NES Megaman 1 borrowed from my uncle. It was a pirate cartridge (on the label it was Rockman, I remember I liked that name more) for my fantastic Famiclone. I managed to defeat only Iceman before giving it back.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 12:55:02 PM
That Pink cartridge caught my attention... :V

It was Rockman 3 owned by my young uncles they were at their teens while I'm about 6-7 yrs old at that time. I always saw them playing Rockman 3 most often with Magnet Man stage having a hard time then I always said to myself that I can do better.  XD

Offline prower42

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 08:30:09 PM
it all started with me and my bro playing X2

HOLYSHITARETHOSELASERCOINGATYOUOMG!!!!!

OMGTHATDUDEJUSTDIED!!!!!

OMGTHATGUYISHUGEKILLIT!!!!!

...yea basicly we found it awesome
me a little more than him, so...
i started diving into the classic megaman
and here i am 8D

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 09:00:58 PM
For me i always went over to my next door neighbor's house every day or so playing their NES. I didn't have one at time, i wasn't freeloading or anything, just was friend with this guy named "auguie" Or something like that. We were probably both 7 years old. I once saw this older guy playing megaman 3. I wanted to play right ? And this person put in a password for me starting right at the wily stages.

I think that was my first true experience ever. Had no clue that it was near the end of the game. But i did play it from the start before once, and i got really addicted and liked it. :) Eventually i got a NES of my own + megaman 3 and loved it.

megaman 2 was my 2nd ever mm experience, and that was great too. I just eventually got really interested in the megaman series after that throughout my life. :)

And then back in 2005 is when i got into the ROM hacking scene, wanting to make my own rom hack of megaman 3 :)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 03:44:56 AM
you want to know my story

it was 1991 i guess, and there i got megaman 3, i was like 6-7 and my mom buy me a game when i can select the stages when i want, and play as a weird blue guy, that can select a dog and turn white and red, and i alwas think, that was the biggest conbination ever, and so i enjoyed this game, tough never managed to get far in the game, until many yers later, but over the eyars, i played most megaman games on NES.

the next one was megaman 4, wich i like it at the time, but it was too weird for me, and later, by 1992, i played megaman 5, and at the time, i did love it, especially the music and graphics, and even so, i used to think it was the best megaman game, and one time i remember rent the game Mappyland from a videopstore, and i dint like it, so i trew a fit so my dad will rent me megaman 5..........yes i was a very idiotic kid, especially now since i realized how poorly and average megaman 5 really is IMHO

and believe or not, at the same time, i discovered megaman 2, i try it, and i hate it, YES, Hate it, the controls were different, it feels like the blue guy was attached to the ground when i jump, the sounds were different, you cant replay the stages that you'd beaten, and overrall, i dint like it very much, and it was like 93 when i tried for the 1st time, BEFORE we moved temporally trough a house that was our uncle's, and BEFORE i get my super nintendo, and at the time, i used to hate megaman 2, believe it or not yes, i used to hate this game, tough i actually managed to get trough Willy stage 3, but the last part i remembered was the giant fishes.

and again, i guess before i get my SNES (sorry, i cant remember well), i played megaman 6, and love it so much, but that's it, and then moved to SNES and played megaman X

ut overral i still love megaman 3 and for me its the best megaman game aver, i cant really imagine why inafune considers 3 to be the black sheep of the family, to me, that title goes to 5.

oh and the funny (and sad) part is, I NEVER, NEVER, EVER played Megaman 1 (at least legitly)

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline ZetaForce

• ???
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 31, 2009, 01:35:35 AM
I had a friend during the summer who played this "game" (it was Megaman Battle Network 2), and he let me play with it, and even let me borrow it for a day! I fell in love with the game etc etc.

Soon after, my other good friend gave me Battle Network 4 Red Sun for free! I thanked him so much ;_;

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 04:10:01 AM
you want to know my story

it was 1991 i guess, and there i got megaman 3, i was like 6-7 and my mom buy me a game when i can select the stages when i want, and play as a weird blue guy, that can select a dog and turn white and red, and i alwas think, that was the biggest conbination ever, and so i enjoyed this game, tough never managed to get far in the game, until many yers later, but over the eyars, i played most megaman games on NES.

the next one was megaman 4, wich i like it at the time, but it was too weird for me, and later, by 1992, i played megaman 5, and at the time, i did love it, especially the music and graphics, and even so, i used to think it was the best megaman game, and one time i remember rent the game Mappyland from a videopstore, and i dint like it, so i trew a fit so my dad will rent me megaman 5..........yes i was a very idiotic kid, especially now since i realized how poorly and average megaman 5 really is IMHO

and believe or not, at the same time, i discovered megaman 2, i try it, and i hate it, YES, Hate it, the controls were different, it feels like the blue guy was attached to the ground when i jump, the sounds were different, you cant replay the stages that you'd beaten, and overrall, i dint like it very much, and it was like 93 when i tried for the 1st time, BEFORE we moved temporally trough a house that was our uncle's, and BEFORE i get my super nintendo, and at the time, i used to hate megaman 2, believe it or not yes, i used to hate this game, tough i actually managed to get trough Willy stage 3, but the last part i remembered was the giant fishes.

and again, i guess before i get my SNES (sorry, i cant remember well), i played megaman 6, and love it so much, but that's it, and then moved to SNES and played megaman X

ut overral i still love megaman 3 and for me its the best megaman game aver, i cant really imagine why inafune considers 3 to be the black sheep of the family, to me, that title goes to 5.

oh and the funny (and sad) part is, I NEVER, NEVER, EVER played Megaman 1 (at least legitly)
Dude I love this post.

Offline Skaarg

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 03:50:22 AM
Well when I was very young (like when I was 3-5 (1991-93) I used to go over to "Grandma Mario's" house, she was the only relative with a video game system so that's why I had that name for her, and I used to play her NES all the time. Playing through SMB3 and Contra several times. Well then I took notice of another game she had, Mega Man 4. I loaded it up and tried out Pharaoh Man's stage and I was hooked. This game was really hard (remember I was like 4), but the music was awesome and the challenge was a lot of fun and that's what kept me hooked and trying hard to win. Eventually when I was 4 or 5 I started to notice things like how certain bosses were weak against certain weapons. I actually figured out all the weaknesses by myself, heck I even found the two special items on my own. In Pharaoh Man's stage I always wanted to try and jump over the pit for some reason and in Dive Man's stage I fell down by accident. Another thing though that primarily still holds true to this day is that I very rarely use special weapons in stages. I still primarily only use the buster to get through.

Flash forward maybe a year and I go over to my friends house because he was able to bring his super nintendo home from his grandma's. Well I go through his collection and I see a game, Mega Man X. He never was too big of a fan, but I popped it in and I was instantly sold on this masterpiece. Me and him would always loan each other games and 9/10 times I always wanted to borrow Mega Man X. Unfortunately though as a younger kid I wasn't able to beat it for a couple years mostly because of either THE [tornado fang]ing SPIDER or final sigma.

After X I went back to the classic series and got Mega Man 8 when I got my PS1 which I thoroughly enjoyed, and from there got X4 and then X5 for PC and so on. Needless to say I was hooked.

To this day my favorite Christmas has got to be when I was in 9th grade. (I had been given my grandma's Mega Man 4 and I found a copy of Mega Man 3 in a shop.) Anyways for this Christmas I had 4 packages all the same size. I opened each one and to much surprise, Mega Man 1, 2, 5, and 6!  <3

>Mega Man Zero 4
>Ragnarok Core
>120 Seconds
FINAL DESTINATION

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17:23 AM
Forte. Really, that's it. Thought Forte looked cool, had a friend that was into Mega Man, said "I wanna play".

Then I tried X4. Oh my god. That was an awesome experience.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 06:37:42 AM
my friend tanya

squemp

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 08:03:53 PM
My brother and I got an NES when we were kids, and he got Mega Man 2. I couldn't play it well but I loved watching my brother play it. And then later on, when my brother acquired SNES and several games froma friend of his who no longer wanted it, Mega Man X was a part of it. Needless to say, after playing it I was hooked the rest of the way.

Sadly I also one of the people believed that X = 10th game of the Mega Man universe. ^^;;

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 08:56:11 PM
Me too, up until I turned it on.

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 09:39:42 PM
I'd say The original Megaman.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 22, 2009, 09:41:12 PM
My dad owned a Game Boy - the original, one of those crazy grey bricks - and had Mega Man III on it. I enjoyed it a lot, especially the music, but I could never complete any of the stages. A few years later, I saw Mega Man Xtreme 2 in a video game shop; recognising the familiar blue protagonist, I bought it. I eventually imported Mega Man Anniversary Collection from the US one Christmas, played through the series, and loved it. Even before that, I used to look through Mega Man HQ's databse of the Robot Master CDs from MM&B. They always fascinated me the most.

So yeah.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #44 on: November 22, 2009, 10:07:33 PM
I think it started, for me, when I read a Megaman X guide in a REALLY OLD Nintendo Power Magazine. Then my liking for Megaman was increased through borrowing a variety of Megaman games from an old buddy of mine that doesn't have internet access.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 02:08:20 AM
mmx was the first snes game i ever rented

and then tanyip

squemp

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:22 PM
My interest in Mega Man was lit up, when I saw all the Mega Man coverage in Nintendo Power issue 44 (which, incidentally enough, featured most of the submissions to that robot master contest, organized for MM6). 0v0

Later on, when I got a SNES, I eventually rented Mega Man X & Mega Man 7. Needless to say, I've been loyal to the series since then (the Classic, X and Legends series, that is ;)).

Embarrassingly enough, I didn't get to play the NES games, until I acquired the Gamecube version of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. :-[

One day, I shall acquire a mint NES and those games, for great justice! 8)

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 04:17:35 PM
I was three, my dad bought an NES and asked me which game I wanted to play because he just bought a bunch of games. I pointed at Megaman 4 simply because he was blue, my favorite color. Kept playing and loved it. Then my dad saw Megaman 2 and bought it. Learning that there were more games I would do chores and anything else to bribe my dad into buying more Megaman games for me.

Megaman 4 was my first game ever. I'll always love Megaman.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
Mega Man 6 and the Ruby-Spears cartoon when I was a wee toddler...

Then it SURGED when I saw Mega Man 9 and bought it.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 07:50:39 PM
My first Mega Man game was Mega Man 3. I really loved it. Enough that I tried getting it when I got my own NES, but I could never find it anywhere.