What is truely stronger? The originals or the chosen ones with their Lifemetals?

Thanatos-Zero · 18175

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
I like to believe that the Originals are still stronger. Though the new breeze of heroes have potentials to match up or even surpass the Originals. But still, Aile & Vent are in the process of mastering their Livemetals lol they took 4 years to come up with those saber EX Skills in ZXA so as the other chose ones. The Level of Livemetal mastery varies from the span of possession and their natural skill.

Then obviously Big4 > HxFxLxPx & Small4.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well, when we think about it, X and Zero are still there. the originals are still there. If there's one thing that Zero himself has proven, is that The body really doesnt matter, as long as the heart is the real thing. ZX pretty much is the same. theyre still the ones fighting, with Vent and Aile as their vessels. same for the other big 4, (In ZX1 anyway)

so the originals we're talking about are still there, and are still the strongest.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Charge physics between Inti's games and the SNES heavily favor Inti no matter what character you're talking about.  In the SNES your default charged shot strength is 4 times your normal shot strength, with only 2x damage on a boss.  In Zero/ZX, it's 6 times normal strength, with the full multiplier against a boss.

Ofcourse, Inti has a fondness for boss lifebars that overlap a gazillion times.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
lol, indeed they do. But I prefer it more over the X series gargantuan lifebars that go off the screen. They're pretty intimidating sometimes.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zed Kal Eios

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Well, when we think about it, X and Zero are still there. the originals are still there. If there's one thing that Zero himself has proven, is that The body really doesnt matter, as long as the heart is the real thing. ZX pretty much is the same. theyre still the ones fighting, with Vent and Aile as their vessels. same for the other big 4, (In ZX1 anyway)

so the originals we're talking about are still there, and are still the strongest.

I have to disagree. The real X became a Cyber elf and ran out of power after the events of Z3, returning to Cyberspace permanently. If Zero truly died in the destruction of Ragnarok, than his Cyber elf would have either stuck around for awhile or simply passed onward into Cyberspace as well.

Ciel herself had nothing of the original duo to use when she made Biometal X and Biometal Z, as noted in game, so she had to use Biometal/Ragnarok Core W for the process. She may have programmed the two Biometals as close as possible to X and Zeros personalities, but they don't have the "heart" or "soul" of the originals as you put it.

Damn near close considering how much time she spent with Zero, but still not the same as the original.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The real X became a Cyber elf and ran out of power after the events of Z3, returning to Cyberspace permanently.

You're making a vital misconception here. When X used too much energy,  he felt his own consciousness melt away into the electronic abyss, he was dying. Had X died there, he would not have been a Cyber-Elf, he would have just been inanimate data. However, X fought back. With his will, he desired to continue living with everyone else and thus barely avoided death.

X became much like Phantom, a ghost stuck in the interim between life and death. That Phantom witnessed Vile's Incident in this state and in Cyberspace learned all truths. That Phantom can also be found in ZERO3 as a mysterious Cyber-Elf in the Resistance Base that calls out to Zero to do battle. That is the limit of Phantom's capabilities in the real world. In a very similar manner Elpis can be found at the Resistance Base as well, seemingly contemplating his sins of the past. X exists in that exact same manner, a Cyber Elf that can no longer interact with people in the same way he did before. Likewise, even Harpuia, Leviathan, Fefnir and Zero exist in this exact same state. Not quite alive, not quite dead, witnessing the changing of the world until their powers are once again called upon to save the world.

Ciel herself had nothing of the original duo to use when she made Biometal X and Biometal Z, as noted in game, so she had to use Biometal/Ragnarok Core W for the process. She may have programmed the two Biometals as close as possible to X and Zeros personalities, but they don't have the "heart" or "soul" of the originals as you put it.

Damn near close considering how much time she spent with Zero, but still not the same as the original.

I think you're misunderstanding what the First Commander was getting at.

Model V is that soul of that man contained in the fragments of Ragnarok. This statement on Model V defines the very concept of a Livemetal; a metal that has life.

The other Livemetal were created using the data she obtained on the legendary heroes. The "data of Vile" was switched with the "data of legendary heroes." The data of Vile inside of the Livemetal is his very soul.

As Prairie stated, Livemetal are fragments that contain the consciousness of legendary heroes. Their consciousness is never stated to be copied, it's instead explicitly said that it's the exact same consciousness of those that fought centuries ago.

A Repiroid's consciousness is nothing else than a Repliroid's personality program. When discussing Omega's personality program IntiCreated defined "personality program" as "Cyber-Elf". A Cyber-Elf has also been defined as a soul. Other definitions include "sentient program with created with pure energy in the image of elves" and  "program life object." Being programs, they can also be seen as "data obtained from..."

Elpis, X, Phantom have all been described in the above manner, and we have reason to suspect the same applies to many others. Six in particular of those exist in current time as Livemetal. If you don't quite get this just yet, those Livemetal are also said to have abilities like Cyber-Elves.

In other words, all of this applies to that which is inside of the Livemetal. Data, consciousness, personality program, Cyber-Elf, soul. All of those words are synonymous. The Legendary Heroes that fought "that man" centuries ago have all transcended death itself. Those legendary heroes did indeed witness the changing of the world till the day came that their powers were called upon.

Using Model V at the base, the First Commander succeeded in giving them a new material form as Livemetal. However, she did not understand all of Model V. The part she did not understand was the Livemetal's unique features; the transformation into a Rockman that is limited to a chosen one. Therefore there's the innate danger that the chosen one who uses the Livemetal can also use Model V.

I honestly don't see where you would get the idea of "copies" from. The entire ZERO-series rams into one's skull that the original is superior to a copy. The original body is stronger than the copy body and the original heart is stronger than the copy heart. In the clash of original body vs original heart, the heart came out on top. There's no way to copy X and Zero, you'd just end up with another Copy-X or Omega.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I want ZX3 already.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Hey, one thing, since X and Zero died and entered cyberspace, where all data is, they would likely, like Phantom, come to "learn all truths". Wouldn't this mean that, (If they hadn't found it out before when they were alive), that they would have realized their pasts, their purpose, and their creators? X would come to know he was created by Dr. Light, come to know of such memories as his conversing with Light, (though didnt he know about his creation by Light's hands ever since the X series?)

and Zero would learn of his Creator being Wily, and of his own conversations with him during creation, and his original purpose?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Even though all data ends up in Cyberspace, searching specific truths would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Or rather, trying to find sentient life on another planet somewhere in this infinite universe. Phantom was only capable of finding out that much information because it revolved around the matter at hand. He learned of the copy body, but even then, Phantom missed certain key elements such as Zero's original soul still being present.

Offline Zed Kal Eios

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Having been promptly crushed into oblivion beneath not only Zans wall of text, but his(?) superior knowledge on subjects of which I have only the english released games to guide me with, I will bow out and rescind my prior comments and hence forth retreat from such matters.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Right...

Only having the English version is no excuse for misinterpreting what's said in the game.. Afterall, a whole damn lot of which I said comes from the English release.

The only exclusive info being:

-Personality Program = Cyber-Elf. (TELOS, interview on Omega)
-Cyber-Elf = Program Life Object (TELOS, written in English on Cyber-Elf genealogy)
-Elpis and Phantom Cyber-Elves (ZERO3, E-reader, is translated and obtainable by hacking.)
-Livemetal have abilities like Cyber-Elves (Japanese ZX guidebook)
-Retrospect1:Elf Wars (TELOS, drama track)
-Retrospect2:Dreams Never End (TELOS, drama track)

For the latter, the drama tracks from TELOS have nearly all been translated:
http://geocities.com/protozantetsu/RTRZTelos1.txt

Likewise, I can easily supply you with the other quotes so that there'll be no more "I only have the English release" excuse.

But to reduce my previous wall of text to its simplest form... Thanks to Hypershell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-kmcXwsafw  4:10.

Prairie didn't say "consciousness" in that version, rather she said "tamashi", meaning soul/spirit. Which proves that we are indeed dealing with the originals.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Internet. Serious Business. You rather thoroughly pointed out how wrong I was for relying on memory of events I haven't read through within the last several months. Are you through now? I admit I was wrong. You win. Feel better on the inside?

Ye who not knows the power of Zan can not fathom what shall happen next.

i.e. Dude, Zan knows the most about the Mega Man universe than anyone on the site and is highly respected, just stop while you're ahead.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Plus he was just pointing your out on your already uncalled for sarcastic comment.

Offline Zed Kal Eios

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
The first post after Zans' wasn't sarcasm, Flame. I'm the newb to Zans Vet, I'm not going to fight against this level of information when I'm so obviously wrong on the subject matter.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
The first post after Zans' wasn't sarcasm, Flame. I'm the newb to Zans Vet, I'm not going to fight against this level of information when I'm so obviously wrong on the subject matter.

Just stop, at least for your sake. If there's nothing else you have to comment about the subject prior to, and not the details surrounding it, just drop it and continue your merry way.

fixed <.<

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Internet. Serious Business. You rather thoroughly pointed out how wrong I was for relying on memory of events I haven't read through within the last several months. Are you through now? I admit I was wrong. You win. Feel better on the inside?

It simply irked me that you excused it with: "I don't have access to all sorts of obscure info" instead of just "I remembered wrong."

There's no shame in recalling something wrong. But if your issue is not having access to obscure info, then take the opportunity to learn about it so that we're all on the same level. There's not that much obscure info to deal with, so it can easily be supplied for all those that wish to see it. Doing just that, I tried informing you of the exact sources of the more obscure facts.

Offline Zed Kal Eios

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
It simply irked me that you excused it with: "I don't have access to all sorts of obscure info" instead of just "I remembered wrong."

There's no shame in recalling something wrong. But if your issue is not having access to obscure info, then take the opportunity to learn about it so that we're all on the same level. There's not that much obscure info to deal with, so it can easily be supplied for all those that wish to see it. Doing just that, I tried informing you of the exact sources of the more obscure facts.

I apologize for being rude to you in one of my previous posts, and having taken some time to get over the anger it incited at the time, I thank you for providing me with the information required to correct what I remembered wrong.

Concerning the topic at hand, I do not feel that the Livemetals have shown the same results as the reploids they were based on/use the souls of at present. If we ever get a ZX3 that moves the time line forward, perhaps that potential will be demonstrated fuller, but as of ZXA the Livemetal chosen ones still have room to grow through experience compared to the originals.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
So then humans can "play God" and create souls? For Reploids?

I really doubt that, but it is possible in that universe's canon. Even so, it makes sense, then, that the human race was destroyed by its own creations for doing so.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
If we take for an axiom that the 6 heroic live metals contain the actual literal souls of the former heroes... Once they're back in the world of the physical, there's nothing to say that they will remember what they knew as ghosts in the data-stream. Souls grow and change with experiences, our minds find memories and lose them. The LMs are programmed by Ciel, and depending on how well she was able to resurrect their souls, some changes may have happened, and similarly, can conversely be intentionally changed as well. For whatever reason they have forgotten the time of their creation as live metals, they can also forget other information.

I don't think the original souls of the heroes control their users or engage in the battle in any way. When Vent is fighting, Vent is literally doing the fighting. The Live Metals offer their strength to those whom they believe in, and can offer advice and moral support. But in effect once their powers are given to the chosen one, that power is the chosen one's to use and do with as they please. X's vast battle experience isn't immediately transferred to Vent and Aile, just the main skills and the ability to use them. They can turn their arms into cannons and aim it, but when to shoot, what to aim at... they are in control. They must still learn how to fight well, as Giro mentioned.

As far as who's stronger among heroes, that's something good guys never worry about, and circumstances tend to change anyway. The heroes grow in strength and experience, and sometimes also ebb. The games often follow the cycle of the hero growing stronger to rise to a challenge, but once the deed is done powers such as X's armors and special weapons are often returned or disappear in some manner. Thus the heroes have lows and peaks of power, though the current apex of their power may always be trumped in the future. Under certain conditions X and Zero have both suffered losses, even against each other, but persevere such incidents and go on to grow even stronger. Technologically and combat skill-wise, Model X and Model Z already dwarf what our heroes were capable of starting out in the X1 timeframe, so they have a certain advantage at their beginnings. As the ZX series heroes continue, they too should reach even greater heights of power.

In my personal opinion is that while Model ZX doesn't have the total power of both Zero and X's full contingency of peaked powers, I think the powers it does contain, brought out effectively with a combined with a skilled and motivated user, can accomplish the same feats of heroism X and his friends have done in the past, and hold their own in the footsteps of many of their adventures.

So then humans can "play God" and create souls? For Reploids?

Humans have been "creating" souls in other humans since the dawn of the species. If some spiritual element is responsible for the souls in every human being despite the fact that other humans are the ones physically conceiving and producing other humans, then that same spiritual force can be behind inducting souls in robotic life.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Humans have been "creating" souls in other humans since the dawn of the species. If some spiritual element is responsible for the souls in every human being despite the fact that other humans are the ones physically conceiving and producing other humans, then that same spiritual force can be behind inducting souls in robotic life.

Granted that both are Divinely-approved (if that applies) methods of soul...creation, recycling, however you view it.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
This is a perfect way of explaining it.  Nicely put.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Dude, you necroposted, and although it's not my place to notify you of it, I just felt the need to.

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
If you know you're not supposed to do it, why still do it? We got it covered, man. Leave the modding to us, kay?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.