Happy 1 year anniversary, Swiss Bank Account 19-871-217!

VixyNyan · 27144

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #50 on: September 26, 2009, 03:51:02 AM
If you want to see some Ultimate Buster action, click Part 5 or Part 6 on the first post. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 26, 2009, 03:54:57 AM
Best part of the game.

*puts on Sniper mask*

And it's requiahed viewin', ya lazy lot, so get to it!

*takes off Sniper mask*

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 26, 2009, 05:08:34 AM
When I was streaming X2 Soul Eraser today, PB kept saying "Why should I bother playing this game anyway?" and things like that. >0<

And I'll say it again!  I hate Xtreme's controls.  They. Suck. BALLS.  It's downgrading from SNES controls.  If anything, I must thank Vixy for playing the Xtreme games, to remind me how much I disliked the control scheme.  Plus, from what I saw of Xtreme 2, with the ability to switch from X to Zero on the fly, the only, repeat, ONLY challenge that game offers is not dying from the god awful control scheme. 

The only way I'm ever playing this game is if they release a DS MegaMan Mania collection with these 2 games included, and I can properly assign a dash button.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 05:37:47 AM
Explain how assigning Classic-series slide commands to dash constitutes a "god awful control scheme".  Damn better job than MM&B did of coping with button loss.

The game still controls better than PS1.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 05:43:18 AM
Explain how assigning Classic-series slide commands to dash constitutes a "god awful control scheme".  Damn better job than MM&B did of coping with button loss.

LoL, I'm not that fond of MM&B either.

Haha, and what are you talking about?  X4 & X5 had a Dash Button.  I'd say X6 too, but I still haven't played it yet!

And again, it's a downgrade of X series control scheme.  I hated double tapping dashing, and I hated "Classic MM Sliding" on walls to dash off of them.  Double tap dashing is for Turtles In Time, not X.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 26, 2009, 05:51:05 AM

Because you can get extra jump out of a dash, but not a slide.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 05:57:40 AM
When you have proper air-dash momentum, which Xtreme2 does but the PS1 lacks, that is not a problem.

X4 & X5 had a Dash Button.
They did not have default walking and dashing saber attacks.  Or proper air-dash momentum.  And it took us until ZX before we ever saw all three of those in the same title again.

Double tap dashing is for Turtles In Time, not X.
You're preaching to the choir on that one.  Never once did I, or will I ever, defend a double-tap dash.  The mention of MM&B was not a compliment to it.  It was an example of how not to handle a button loss, whereas Xtreme2 handled it excellently.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 06:10:15 AM
They did not have default walking and dashing saber attacks.  Or proper air-dash momentum.  And it took us until ZX before we ever saw all three of those in the same title again.

But, they did have a Dash Button.  This is my point.  The stuff you mentioned never bothered me in the slightest.  Not having a dash button did.  "Classic MM Sliding" obviously didn't bother you, but I didn't like it at all.  If they re-released the game as a DSi download or in a MM Mania Collection (Again Capcom, PLEASE MAKE THIS), I'd happily play Xtreme 2.  Not Xtreme 1, as I'd simply go and play X1 & X2 again for the exact same level designs.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 26, 2009, 06:11:32 AM
I have to agree with Shell that Xtreme's controls are not that bad, but I'm someone that used to beat all 3 modes of Xtreme1 in one sitting frequently years ago and that only played 2 in an emu so pressing d+A is quite comfortable there.

Plus, from what I saw of Xtreme 2, with the ability to switch from X to Zero on the fly, the only, repeat, ONLY challenge that game offers is not dying from the god awful control scheme.  

Except that you can only do that after beating the game twice to unlock Extreme Mode or during the final levels =P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 26, 2009, 06:18:25 AM
The mention of MM&B was not a compliment to it.  It was an example of how not to handle a button loss, whereas Xtreme2 handled it excellently.
... there was a dash button in R&F.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 06:31:55 AM
Except that you can only do that after beating the game twice to unlock Extreme Mode or during the final levels =P

LoL, being that I'm not even willing to beat that game once, that's not going to happen!  XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 06:44:40 AM
You fools truly do not know what you're missing.

Sure I do, I've played it.

Moreover, I own Xtreme2 and have beaten it a few times already. Down+jump is fine and all for dashing, but you can't dash jump after that.

And when I played Xtreme1, which was a long time ago, I had no idea you could dash with down+jump.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 06:53:55 AM

There sure was, because I distinctly remember kicking tail as Bass, and I could not have done that without an L-Dash.

Moreover, I own Xtreme2 and have beaten it a few times already. Down+jump is fine and all for dashing, but you can't dash jump after that.

What Sato said!

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: September 26, 2009, 07:36:04 AM
There sure was, because I distinctly remember kicking tail as Bass, and I could not have done that without an L-Dash.

What Sato said!
what? L was weapon swap left, A was dash.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54:26 AM
No, you can also buy Extreme Mode for a few thousand Soul Gene Whatevers.

Down+jump is fine and all for dashing, but you can't dash jump after that.
It would work if X automatically dashed for the full distance like Original Megger, but no, he has to stand up whenever you let go of the button, yeah?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 12:03:46 PM
The lack of L-dash is missed in Xtreme2 but it's nowhere near as big a problem as it was in Xtreme1 since you're going to be airdashing everywhere anyway, because airdashing looks so cool in 2 for some reason I can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the small sprites looking really solid.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 05:01:49 PM
And, again, proper momentum.  That's why one playing Xtreme2 generally doesn't give a damn about dash-jumping.  In Xtreme1 it's a more valid complaint because there's no alternate.  Xtreme2, that's not the case.

Get equipped with:
-Localization history.

I didn't say R&F, I said MM&B.  MM&B exists on only the GBA.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: September 26, 2009, 05:40:08 PM
protip, i don't care about your [parasitic bomb] GBA port.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:31 PM
I never said you should.  But if you're going to respond to somebody's post, you need to acknowledge their context.  I was speaking of button loss, and on R&F for Super Famicom, there IS no button loss.  You're going from SFC to SFC, or in other words, you went nowhere.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 27, 2009, 06:08:58 PM
What is a live stream? A miserable attempt at broadcasting a game session worldwide. >v< or something~

Playing now! ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: September 27, 2009, 06:10:18 PM
... I'm gonna miss this one... >w<

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 01:36:07 AM
Surprise stream: I'm gonna play game no.32~ join in the channel. ^^

Posted on: September 30, 2009, 17:51:17
The surprise stream, our special game, is on the first post now. It was Rockman EXE Transmission~ owo

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 01:38:40 AM
and it was great ^^  :cookie: