AquaTeamV3 · 44419

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: September 01, 2009, 04:19:37 AM
Which armor(s) did you find the most and least useful in the Megaman X games?  For me my personal favorite is the Hermes Armor.  I wasn't a fan of it at first, but it's actually grown on me a bit.  The upgraded movement speed is nice, and Shadow Dashing is pretty doggone useful when taking it to the bosses.  The X-Drive is a pretty unique ability as well; it's invincible on activation, you don't take damage from most attacks (this includes collision damage), and you get a pretty nice charge shot.  I actually don't mind the design too much, as it does have the speed element to it, what with the mask and all.  However, I think the Icarus Armor should have a more offensive look.

As far as the worst, I'd have to say the Max Armor (X3).  It's not that the armor is terrible as a whole, but the Buster part destroys the rest of it.  The overlapping shot is too slow to be of any use, and also makes using the saber that much harder.  It's mobility and defense are nice, but the armor as a whole feels slow due to the terrible offense.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 04:21:56 AM
X1 Armor is still the best. Also had the coolest X-Buster. X8 would have been nice if it wasn't for that collar.

About X3 I can only say this: Worst buster in the whole series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 04:37:02 AM
The dust buster. lol. It looks like some kind of vacuum cleaner.

I seem to like the Fourth/Force Armor a lot. I like it design. I liked that it had the interchangeable arm parts. Plus I liked the Capsule music. That + the X1/5/IHX one are probably the best in the series. X8 comes pretty close.

I also like the X4 Ultimate Armor, but Im im not sure if that really counts.

I disliked X7's armor. It felt seriously useless. X could already default air dash, and the glide was NOT all that useful except in select situations. Then the buster... did it even DO anything?

Yknow, I also felt they could have done much better with the Giga attacks in X7 and Icarus in X8. Giga crash was in X2, and X5.(and by extension, 6) im pretty sure thy could have come up with something better.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:39:24 AM
The X2 Armor & Buster is still my all time favorite.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:43:01 AM
For usefullness, I'd pick the Force Armour as well, specifically X4 version with its infinite uncharged special weapons, Giga Armour comes close though. I also quite like the UA, moreso design-wise (I quite dislike X6's version though)

For worst, X3's, because I've (fortunately) never played X7.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 04:47:11 AM
X1 Armor is still the best. Also had the coolest X-Buster. X8 would have been nice if it wasn't for that collar.

About X3 I can only say this: Worst buster in the whole series.

Honestly, the buster pretty much makes or breaks the armor.  If the buster sucks, the armor sucks, a la X3.  X2's buster is my fav, as the second shot actually breaks the damage barrier, which pretty much seals the deal for me.  Heck, I run through X2 using only the arm parts, simply because that's all you really need.  I like X1's buster shot mainly for the energy fart, which is pretty fun to play around with.

I honestly think the collar fits Hermes, as it has that nice, stealthy appearance, given the nature of the armor.  It looks completely out of place for Icarus and Ultimate, though.

I also like the X4 Ultimate Armor, but Im im not sure if that really counts.

The only difference is that the NS is unlimited...that and the lack of a stock shot, which has better looking parts IMO.  Funny how X5 used the design of stock's parts with the plasma shot effect.

I disliked X7's armor. It felt seriously useless. X could already default air dash, and the glide was NOT all that useful except in select situations. Then the buster... did it even DO anything?

IIRC, Hypershell mentioned that the shot had little shots orbiting around it or something like that, but it wasn't too useful.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:03:42 AM

The only thing I liked about the X7 armor was that I didn't seem to fall down at all when I used it. Useful for saving reploids.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:08:03 AM
Didnt X have the little green orbs by default in X7?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:08:27 AM
You know, I didn't realize it until now: I really don't like X3's buster. The whole design is cool, but something was off. I forget what it was exactly, but I hated it in my recent run through the game. I liked the Air Dash that went up, though.
on a side-note, the Plasma Buster annoys me nowadays. Mostly because of that sound when hitting a boss repeatedly.

Best: hmm, I guess Falcon Armor. I remember that being handy.
Worst: Gaia Armor, I guess.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 05:09:01 AM
X2's Armor for President.

I like Shadow too, but only with Speedster and Ultimate Buster.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 05:14:16 AM
best armor? that's a toughie. unless that's counting Ultimate Armor, which wins by default. if not, it could be X2, X4, or Xtreme2 (gotta love Real Ultimate Buster.)

worst is Glide Armor. X3 would've been the worst, but double air dash is infinitely more useful than gliding. i'm not a fan of Gaea Armor, either. it's too slow for me.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 05:18:36 AM
I honestly think the collar fits Hermes, as it has that nice, stealthy appearance, given the nature of the armor.

Huh?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 05:34:07 AM
Too many good ones. Gaea armor can demolish anything, Icarus armor has some of the best effects in the series, Gold Armor can also be pretty devastating, and the Falcon armor can fly and be invincible as well.

The worst I'd have to say are Shadow and Blade armor. Seriously, the jumping with Blade armor is too awkward, and handling Shadow armor is a pain (not to mention you pretty much NEED the damn thing in order to get past the first stage of Gate's fortress, unless you are EXTREMELY skilled with Zero). Both also have horrible charge shots, the Crescent Slash thing Shadow does has pathetic range and doesn't seem that much stronger than any other weapon, and the whole deal with Blade armor is just gah.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:57 AM
X2 & Shadow Armors were best.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 05:46:18 AM
the Crescent Slash thing Shadow does has pathetic range and doesn't seem that much stronger than any other weapon
You're... kidding, right? That thing decimates everything, especially Sigma's second form.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 05:48:49 AM
You're... kidding, right? That thing decimates everything, especially Sigma's second form.

That thing did jack to the first boss in the fortress, the twin spinning thingy. Unless the Ultimate Buster chip weakens the charge shot to compensate, I found almost no use for it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 06:21:47 AM
that's the catch with using Shadow in Gate 1. you can get through the stage really easy, but the boss fight becomes more difficult than, say, if you were to use Falcon or Blade.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:25:48 PM
worst is Glide Armor. X3 would've been the worst, but double air dash is infinitely more useful than gliding. i'm not a fan of Gaea Armor, either. it's too slow for me.

Really? I loved the Gaia Armor. Finished the game with it a few times. It's slow, but Sigma is so predictable you can evade just in time. And the charged shot looks awesome.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 01:53:09 PM
I liked how it did that thing when you dashed.
also, slow and powerful wins the race.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 02:43:11 PM
Best: X1 Armor, Force Armor, 'Neutral' Armor
X1's armor, while being the first and simplest, also got the job done. Simple as that.

Force Armor was great because of the two bits of customising with the busters. It was a good design as well.

Neutral took all that.. And ramped it up to what.. 3 Different Armors? Icarus, Hermes and Ultimate. I absolutely love the customisation of this armor and its look. Plus the Ultimate armor glows purple. [tornado fang] yes. The game may've sucked but the armor was kick ass.

Almost Had It: Max Armor (X3)
This armor had so much [parasitic bomb] you could do with it. Once you upped it to gold, its was a nearly unstoppable force.. Only nearly because of how incredibly bad the buster was.

Decent Armors: Falcon Armor, X2 Armor
Self explanatory.

Meh Armors: Gaia Armor, Blade Armor
Again, self explanatory.

[parasitic bomb] Armors: Glyde Armor
USELESS

Undecided: Shadow Armor
I didn't like the Gaia Armor because of it taking nearly everything away. I don't like the Shadow Armor's buster. I'd be able to make more of a call if X6 was so incredibly [parasitic bomb].

Honorable Mentions: Limited Armor (Megamissions 1), EX Armor (Megamission 2), All X Armor (Megamissions 3)
Say what you will about its canon status, but the Megamissions series had some kick ass variations on armors and I really love the way they look.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 02:53:35 PM
I honestly think the collar fits Hermes, as it has that nice, stealthy appearance, given the nature of the armor.  It looks completely out of place for Icarus and Ultimate, though.
Huh?

[spoiler][/spoiler]
What I meant was that the design looks okay for an armor based on speed, like Hermes.  They should have used a different design for Icarus and Ultimate.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40:07 PM
I dunno, I didn't think any of them were particularly exciting, either from being cumbersome or just making everything pathetically easy. Was Icarus the one that shot the LASER BEEEAAAAAMMMM? That was kinda fun.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 07:53:10 PM
Wow, you guys hate Mega Man games a lot.

I like the X3 Max Armor the best in looks, not counting manga armors. As far as function goes, The Glide Armor rocked for its new 3D environment. The X1 Armor had a crappy charge shot, & the head was a bit underdeveloped compared to the ceiling breaker in X8.

I think everyone is awfully hard on the X3 Armor's charge. I mean, each of the 3 little things is a full charge shot aqs far as I can tell, & they've served me well many times.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:40 PM
The X1 Armor had a crappy charge shot

INCOMPREHENSIBLE

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 09:50:56 PM
As far as I'm aware, only one of the shots hit bosses.