Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

Satoryu · 14361

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 17, 2008, 03:06:22 PM
I absolutely love the amount of new things in Tooie. New eggs (<3 Grenade and Clockwork), new shoes, more items, more creative transformations, better mini-games, playable Mumbo, interconnected levels, split up, egg aiming (probably my favorite and way overdue), good secrets (double speed!), area bosses, room labels, convenient warp points and goddamn Talon Torpedo.

The only addition I don't care for is first person, but it's rarely used and mostly optional, so I don't mind.

It was really nice of 'em to bring back every single move from BK, too.

To be honest I think Tooie is one of the most "complete" direct sequels ever. I agree that some Jiggies are borderline chore, but hey, 70 out of 90. Leave Canary Mary alone and please the thirsty dinosaur instead!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 17, 2008, 04:09:35 PM
Yeah, the only parts I disliked in Tooie were the first person shooting modes within the levels (they were fine for multiplayer) and how it was used twice on two bosses... namely Mr. Patch and the giant Angler Fish.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 09:35:19 PM
The Angler Fish boss is annoying.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 22, 2008, 04:59:21 PM
I'm with the only sane person in this thread, Kazooie > Tooie.

Anyway, got really drunk the other day and ended up buying Nuts and Bolts. It better be at least a little fun, I haven't bothered to play it yet.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 22, 2008, 09:21:25 PM
All I have to say about this discussion is that Canary Mary can go die in a fire. The rest is fine, but Canary Mary... don't get me started.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:09 PM
All I have to say about this discussion is that Canary Mary can go die in a fire. The rest is fine, but Canary Mary... don't get me started.

You know what's truly funny about Canary Mary? The first jiggy race, first cheat sheet race and the second jiggy race were all monstrously easy to me. The second cheat sheet race however... There aren't enough vivid descriptions of rage that I can come up with for it. XD

It's like Rare decided to send me one last "[tornado fang] You" as I was there thinking that 100 percenting the items would open up the gates of forever and I could see what was in the game beyond Stop 'n Swop references. XD

Also, Banjo Kazooie = Banjo-Tooie here. I love the hell out of both of them, although the dark horse BT could use more love.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 22, 2008, 09:30:04 PM
Okay so I'm playing Nuts and Bolts, and I am very sad to say that I am having fun.

I was looking for to bitching about this game, but it isn't complete crap! Sure, it has it's issues, (The loading times being one of the first) but its still fun.

Offline vile mk4

• Robot Master
  • Muchah muchah , muchah much.. KI KIRI KI CHIIiii
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 05:01:35 PM
Woah, did Canary Mary make me rage, she was the only thing i hated about Tooie. Nuts and Bolts includes a joke about her.

Canary Mary is the blue shell of the BK games.

MATA DA CAFEE, MATA DE CAFEE FEE FEEE FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! AYHOYY AYHOY TE DERETETETEEE TE TERETETETETE REE TE TEEE AYHOYY AYHOY

FEEEVEEEER ...DON DONDON DONDON.... PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PON pon pon pon PON PON PONPON pon pon ponpon PONPON PON PON ponpon pon pon PONPONPON pon pon pon PONPATAPON ponpatapon PONPONPATAPONPONPON ponponpataponponpon NOOOOS QUEDAAAAAMOOOOOSSSS uhHIUP  ** PLOP **

BOM BOM BOM bom bom bom BOM BOM BOMBOM bom bom bombom ...AH, [tornado fang] THE WOOD, I DON NEED IT, LET'S KILL DODONGA AGAIN

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 09:27:40 PM
Anyone else PISSED that Banjo Kazooie isn't hitting the XBLA arcade until December 3rd now?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 12:00:51 AM
I would say yes but...  (coughs)

...Well, the game looks nice with the filters they slapped on it. Look forward to Banjo-Tooie sometime next month/year.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 03:06:47 AM
i <3 this game.

also, lulz at the wrapped up N64 in the intro scene. >.>

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 05:50:10 AM
Anyone else PISSED that Banjo Kazooie isn't hitting the XBLA arcade until December 3rd now?

i'm more pissed that i didn't get the voucher for it when i picked up N&B. $15 is too much for BK1.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.