Why didn't Copy X just blast the Resistance base?

CyberXIII · 6826

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
on: June 20, 2010, 10:47:03 PM
I just realized something.  Before Zero came along, the Resistance fighters were more or less useless against Neo Arcadia.  Why didn't Copy X just crush them when he had the chance?  He clearly has ICBM-level weaponry, and his army easily tore through the soldiers in the opening cutscenes.  Hell, the Big4 could've killed everyone in there by themselves.

The only reason that Copy-X wouldn't level the place would be Ciel's presence.  Since he's refusing to kill a human, why not just drag her out before blowing the place up?  Clearly, he knows where it is, because Hanumachine broke in fairly easily, and Hittide Hottide was airlifted directly there.

Thoughts on this?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:19 PM
He would have eventually, and Ciel knew about it, that´s why she tried to find Zero as their last and only hope...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:38:49 PM
I guess it's kind of hard to bomb an underground base?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:00:08 AM
Best guess is that he did not want to be responsible for killing Ciel, the one who created him and even more importantly, a human being. Given Ciel's talent in energy research, I'd guess that he would have wanted her alive so that she could do something about the Energy Crisis back in Neo Arcadia.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 12:24:53 AM
Stop trying to use logic with Mega Man games. It doesn't work. If Copy X blew up the Resistance Base, there wouldn't have been a game. It's like asking why you always have to fight through a fortress, instead of teleporting outside the boss's room. It would make more sense, but then there wouldn't be much of a game.

If Copy X would have blew up the Resistance Base...

Ciel: We have to get to that underground lab to activate Zero!

Peons: Okay!
Wait, how do you know about Zero being under--

BOOM!

The end.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:23 AM
Wait, how do you know about Zero being under--

She asked an electronic elf, "Is there hope for us anywhere?" She felt the elf's whisper echo in her heart. She knew she must investigate the "historic ruins."

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:42:42 AM
Copy X was just WAY too busy handling with the other resistance pesticides outside the parimiter, plus they couldn't locate it at the time, just like the Empire couldn't track down the Rebellion even though they were hanging out in Yavin 4 the entire time, why?

They had the best damn radar blocking equipment to make it nigh-impossible to find their hidden base, until it was time to actually go LOOK for it after the resistance's super-weapon was awakened.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:48:55 AM
I guess it's kind of hard to bomb an underground base?
That's EXACTLY what Hittite Hottaid was designed for (that burrowing tank thing).

He would have eventually, and Ciel knew about it, that´s why she tried to find Zero as their last and only hope...
This.  Seriously, the Resistance was up [parasitic bomb]'s creek before they found Zero, and both sides knew it.  Doubtless Copy X would want to take Ciel alive (Weil's MK-II even refers to this specifically), and before Zero was resurrected, there was absolutely no reason to believe he couldn't.  Even over the course of Z1 alone, without Zero, the Resistance Base would have been annihilated three times over (Fefnir, Hittite Hottaid, and Hanumachine).  Probably why they had to abandon the base afterwards.

He clearly has ICBM-level weaponry
I don't imagine one wants to be firing missiles within the Neo Arcadia dome if they can help it.  Further, the fact that all humanity has existed as one nation for the last century makes missile production rather obsolete.  There's a strong implication that the Z3 base was a recent renovation (this is the whole point of Flizard's stage), especially given the dialogue about the trans coordinates being outdated.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:23 PM
Loved Flizzards stage.

also, why would he need missiles when he can just teleport The big 4 and their armies directly to the problem? Not to mention things like Hottide. Disregarding Zero, sending a few troops would be more than enough to quell problems. Only when the other sides got an ancient killing machine with a Phd in cleaving reploids in two do you even NEED to blow the dust off of the heavy guns.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:05:46 PM
Naturally they needed the missile to level the district, making Dark Elf stunned and out of hiding, with Omega able to freely move about. Or something like that.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:14:42 PM
I think Weil was just being a dick when he launched the Omega missile.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:51:29 PM
maybe the teleporter was just broken. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:06 PM
maybe the teleporter was just broken. 8D

He could've gone old school for the hell of it.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.