Wich one was harder for you? MM9 or MM And Bass?

ParasiteBirth · 25938

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
on: August 01, 2009, 01:55:47 AM
From what I can see so far, those two are claimed to be the hardest Classic Megaman games we have so far, but wich one was harder for you personaly? to me it was defenetly Megaman And Bass, because Megaman 9 ( On normal ) wasn't hard at all.

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 01:58:36 AM
I say MM&B. Though I never played it as excessively as the other titles I can assure you that there's a factor in MM&B that makes the difficulty grow. That factor would be Dynamo Man.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:00:13 AM
Yeah, MM&B even though I finished it but not 9. I think even regular mets could take a charge shot, dying in the process sure but yet stopping it from blowing through into the mooks behind them.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 02:06:18 AM
MM&B as Bass > MM9 > MM&B as Megaman
Easiest to hardest.

Double jump? Check.
Dash? Check.
Flying? Check.
Directional rapid-buster? Check.
...game's a piece of cake? Check.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 02:06:48 AM
MM&B, simply because I can't play well at all with the god-awful double-tap to dash controls (I'd play as Rock, but the levels are even worse as him), and I just end up using cheats when playing the SFC version. As for MM9, never managed beat it, so I really don't know.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 02:08:37 AM
don't believe people when they say MM9 is hard. unless they're referring to Superhero mode, they don't know what the hell they're talking about. the difficulty is on par with 2-6.

MM&B, on the other hand, is pretty difficult. especially when you're Mega Man. the game feels like it was designed with Bass in mind; Mega has a pretty tough time. and no matter who you are, there's Dynamo Man. [tornado fang] him.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 02:13:01 AM
Megaman 9 and Megaman and Bass are 2 different kinds of 'hard'.

MM9 kills you a lot, but only in short-length stages.
MM&B has LOOOOOOOONG stages and a LOT of sturdy enemies.

Different beasts, and different playstyles will handle the 2 challenges differently.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 02:22:22 AM
Actually, they were both easy. ^^ But I guess MM9 was harder since Splash Women's hotness was so.......captivating.  0v0

Home sweet home

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 02:45:16 AM
Mega Man & Bass.

God damn you, Burner Man. You and your giant napalm Tellies and abundance of spikes.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 02:52:29 AM
I'm not sure if I'm qualified to post here, not having played MM9 and all, but...To me, MMnB wasn't just tough. It was CHEAP. It took a miracle to beat any of the RMs with Bass, let alone Megaman. And that last stretch before fighting Burnerman...Christ on a pita. It's like MMnB was designed to [acid burst] players off while still being a decent game.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 03:07:03 AM
MM9 was easy compared to MM&B, besides the re-use of Tenguman and Astroman, plus some of the stages. Burner's a pain though.  '>.>

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline yanmaoption

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 04:09:18 AM
Rm9 > R&F as Rock > R&F as Forte
Easiest to Hardest

We all know that Rm9 is kind of hard but remember that Rm9 has THE BROKEN SATELLITE! .... And other great weapons. A broken weapon = a piece of cake.

As for R&F I find playing as Rock to be easier than Forte. The stage is not that different between the two (you just need more preciseness playing as Rock, that's all.) The problem is that Forte will have a hard time overall when you reach King stage 2. 4 Boss fights in a row without anything being beneficial to our poor Forte (like additional platforms, etc.). I'd say THAT is the most difficult part of the game and Forte just make it worse, in the other hand, the appearance of Rockman make everything better in that stage.

Anyways that doesn't make R&F any easier than Rm9 when Rm9 has THE BROKEN SATELLITE! .... And the other weapons.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 04:24:01 AM
MM&B, either character, the bosses are tougher.

MM9 is dirt-simple once you know where the traps are.  The fact that the entire challenge is trial-and-error with at times virtually no room for reaction (DAMN YOU HELICOPTER CLAWS) is one of the main reasons I consider it inferior to actual NES titles.  The other being that the shop system blows.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 04:46:53 AM
MM9 > R&F > MM&B
Easiest to hardest.

Despite not reaching the Twin Devils in MM9 (darn you second floating part), MM9 is definitely easiest of the lot.
R&F is easier than MM&B due to the absence of screen restrictions (Darn you invisible platform preventing my movement in Burner Man's stage).

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 04:49:57 AM
R&F is easier than MM&B due to the absence of screen restrictions (Darn you invisible platform preventing my movement in Burner Man's stage).
Don't forget the crappy dash controls in MM&B -_-

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 05:19:53 AM
Strangely, I didn't mind that at all... -_-

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 05:28:42 AM
Mega Man & Bass was hard?

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 05:37:48 AM
MEgaman & Bass is the game that HATES YOU!  It's like the level designers said to themselves.  "Okay we all hate gamers.  I just wish we had a way of making them understand just how much we hate them.  I know how about insanely long levels, mets that can take a charge shot, no E-tanks, no Rush transports, and the second King stage should have four bosses, one of which should be autoscrolling over a pit with moving platforms that the boss can destroy, and can blind you.  Yeah if we do all of that I think they will understand our hatred."

So yeah, MM9 is challenging until you get things figured out and start using the proper weapons in the right places, but ultimately it's made out of love, while Megaman & Bass is made of hate.

AntiBunny

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 05:49:25 AM
Megan and Bass

Anyone that says otherwise is factually wrong because of Dynamoman and King's Castle.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 06:06:10 AM
Megan and Bass

Anyone that says otherwise is factually wrong because of Dynamoman and King's Castle.

And easy boss and an easy castle?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 06:07:00 AM
Megaman 9 is easier bosses and easier castle.

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 06:12:01 AM
Megaman 9 is easier bosses and easier castle.

Oh please, the difficulty in Mega Man and Bass is laughable. You're basically babied throughout the entire game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 06:14:46 AM
Doesn't change the fact 9 is easier.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 06:15:41 AM
Can't comment on MM9. The only difficulties I had in Mega Man & Bass was Mega Man Vs the King Jetter. Had trouble with Super King's ridiculous mech too when I played it on an emulator years and years ago and had no idea what worked.

Mega Man rocks the bosses, Forte rocks the stages. My only complaint was that the smaller screen seemed to make things a bit awkward.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 06:42:26 AM
oh great, now you guys reminded me of the GBA port. [tornado fang] that game and its cutoffs at the top and bottom. and [tornado fang] it for not having a dash button. i wish RMF's dash wasn't permenantly mapped to A, but at least there's a button for it, and you can map it to wherever you want on an emulator. i can't stand double tap for dash.

and the biggest reason MMB is tougher than MM9: the last CD in Ground Man's stage. that is just plain unfair. MM9 doesn't have anything CLOSE to how disgusting that is.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.