Wich one was harder for you? MM9 or MM And Bass?

ParasiteBirth · 25970

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 05:13:15 AM
Hey there's this game on the SNES called Mega Man 9, and you can play as both Mega Man and Bass!!
No one knows what I'm talking about. >v<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 05:46:31 AM
Gotta love the classic Rockman 8.5/Rockman 9 ROM title for RM&F/MM&B that drove fans freakin' nuts.  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 06:53:18 AM
King mech was super annoying as Bass. You had to get Juuust the right angle with the buster to hit him.
At least Megaman gets a platform. >_>;
then theres Brnerman's stage, with its insta-death burning forests of doom. and ugh. just... the whole game was annoying. theres a fine line between challenging and annoying, and MM&B crosses that line by quite a distance.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 05, 2009, 05:02:31 PM
you're fighting the King Megazord from the ground? Bass can double jump high enough to shoot it point blank, if i remember correctly. at least, that's how it works with Wave Burner. kills him in 5 hits, by the way.

and i don't remember that platform being there for Mega in the GBA version.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 05:35:34 PM
The platform was there in the GBA version.

As for Bass, I always had to double-jump off an Ice Wall to get a clean shot at King Mech...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 06:37:26 PM
guess i gotta watch the TAS again.

yep, you can double jump right to it.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 01:17:09 AM
Eh, overall I had a tougher time with RM&B.
For me, it was by and large far easier than RM&B.
RockMan and Bass?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 01:24:49 AM
Hmm.

I said it was "hard" earlier, though that really wasn't for me. Although I do recall the King Mech and...some part of Dynamo Man's stage being a pain in the tail. Was it the midboss? Can't remember.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 02:21:03 AM
RockMan and Bass?
Hah, nice catch... that's what I get for posting when I'm tired. Oh well, Rockman & Forte, for those of you that somehow don't manage to know what I'm talking about.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 03:56:16 AM
No, let's call it MegaMan & Forte!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 03:58:14 AM
I think we need a Rush'n Treble game. It just rolls off the tongue so easily... Rush'n Treble.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 04:01:25 AM
Should I turn this one into Rush'n Treble~? C:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 04:02:43 AM
Sure. Why not?

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 06, 2009, 04:04:45 AM
reminds me of Rush 'n Attack.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #64 on: August 06, 2009, 04:09:27 AM
Mega Man 9's shop only has items for purchase such as E-Tanks and Master Tanks.

Mega Man and Bass has character upgrades that increase your base powers. There's even one for health regeneration.
Given complaints, I'll make this quick:

No matter how many "base power" upgrades you buy, you can only equip one, limiting your results.  The level of E-Tanks alone that you can carry in MM9, much less the M-Tank, three Spike Barriers, and three Beat saves, make it infinitely easier.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 06, 2009, 04:13:13 AM
guess i gotta watch the TAS again.

yep, you can double jump right to it.
I think you had to dash double jump. which again, with the double tap...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: August 06, 2009, 04:28:00 AM
dashing doesn't affect the height of the jumps.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: August 06, 2009, 04:32:06 AM
The thing about RM9 is that it becomes so easy that you don't even need to ever go into the shop after the first playthrough or two, yet again because of the way the game is constructed. Tricky move on Capcom's part, but they managed to find a way to make it so that the game is actually easier than it's ancestors, yet still manages to retain the feel of the older games nonetheless. You don't really need to have as much twitch reflexes compared to the older games, but most people don't even notice.

RM&F has plenty of points that surpass the segments in RM9 that could be remotely considered difficult, upgrades or not. The GBA version of RM&F is even more difficult if you factor in the less intuitive controls and limited screen size.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 04:36:19 AM
dashing doesn't affect the height of the jumps.
Actually, it does. The technique I used was dash at the wall and double jump. You get more height off the original jump and the second gives you enough to get King right in the face.

Also, wave burner? What?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #69 on: August 06, 2009, 04:37:27 AM
I've never played MM9, but MM&B had it's moments, mainly due to weird stage design.  Of course, R&F Wonderswan is harder than both of 'em anyway.  Heck, the Green Devil is harder than some incarnations of Wily/Sigma I've fought in the series (I'm not kidding either).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 06, 2009, 04:40:28 AM
The thing about RM9 is that it becomes so easy that you don't even need to ever go into the shop after the first playthrough or two, yet again because of the way the game is constructed. Tricky move on Capcom's part, but they managed to find a way to make it so that the game is actually easier than it's ancestors, yet still manages to retain the feel of the older games nonetheless. You don't really need to have as much twitch reflexes compared to the older games, but most people don't even notice.

are you sure that the game is really easier than its ancestors? cause i'm thinking you're just old enough and have gathered enough experience with Mega Man to learn the game's tricks quickly. it's the same thing i say to PB when he says Twilight Princess is easier than past Zeldas; it's not easier, you just have a better idea of what's coming.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 06, 2009, 04:44:55 AM
are you sure that the game is really easier than its ancestors? cause i'm thinking you're just old enough and have gathered enough experience with Mega Man to learn the game's tricks quickly. it's the same thing i say to PB when he says Twilight Princess is easier than past Zeldas; it's not easier, you just have a better idea of what's coming.
I'm pretty sure. For example, the layout of the enemies in most stages in RM9 are much easier to handle than say RM2. The disappearing blocks segments are also far easier. Same thing can be said for most of the game.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 06, 2009, 04:50:58 AM
The disappearing blocks segments are also far easier.

well, i can't argue with that one.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 05:33:43 AM
it's the same thing i say to PB when he says Twilight Princess is easier than past Zeldas; it's not easier, you just have a better idea of what's coming.

u r mr wrong

Offline Captain Headdy

• Net Navi
  • Get Your Weapons Ready
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:54 PM
No matter how many "base power" upgrades you buy, you can only equip one, limiting your results.

You can swap them out at any point to fit the situation. Need life energy? Swap out to the Auto Energy, or the Large Energy recover, or abuse the Auto Energy and Weapon Damage recovery.