How exactly was Wily brought back by the virus?

Thanatos-Zero · 20749

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:18 AM
What happened to Dr. Wily in Rockman X series?  Are Dr. Wily and Dr. Weil the same person?  Were they ever supposed to be?

KI:  A large amount of time has passed between the classic series and Mega Man X. Dr. Wily had died in the interim but was brought back by the virusDr. Wily and Weil are not the same person.  It is ironic though, because Dr. Wily created Zero, and Dr. Weil used Zero, but ultimately it was a copy of Zero's original body with a different mind that defeated him.

Okay we know now that Wily was brought back by his virus. However the question is "How exactly was Wily brought back by the virus?". It bothered me all that time lately.
Could it be, that Wily and the Sigma Virus acted in a similiar fashion of Omega and the Dark Elv causes to open gates between the Cyber Space and the Material Plane of existence?
What do you think? Let´s discuss and summerize the facts.^^

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:10:21 AM
It isn't exactly the Virus. Since the Virus tends to cause irregularity. Wily continues to exist as a Data form. A program of sorts similar to Light. Just bound within Reploid bodies not Capsules. Looking at Serges and isoc, they were not Maverick as in Irregular. They were fully conscious of what they were doing. And are capable of erasure. Case of Isoc. A program to force empty Reploid bodies into a puppeteer type play.

At least, that is one way to look at it...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:00:32 PM
Could it be, that Wily and the Sigma Virus acted in a similiar fashion of Omega and the Dark Elv causes to open gates between the Cyber Space and the Material Plane of existence?

Gates to Cyberspace can only exist by Dark Elf - Omega resonance. The Virus can cause a similar reality altering phenomenon, but only as the ZERO Virus; that is, the substantiation of cyberspace programs in the real world. Sigma Virus has only shown to able to substantiate itself by drawing on external power or concentrating itself.

As everything hints at Wily existing inside of Repliroid bodies that share his likeness; why would it make use of such complicated reality altering?

It isn't exactly the Virus.

When Inafune says Virus, he means Virus. Wily who died is using the Virus he himself created to bring him back to life. Similar to how Sigma does it, but without the part where he's become the Virus itself, he's able to cheat death and have his soul occupy a new body.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 04:06:06 PM
I've always had this thought in my head that Wily has his own dedicated internet structure where his digitised consciousness roams around until he's downloaded into a new body.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:02:10 PM
[spoiler]As everything hints at Wily existing inside of Repliroid bodies that share his likeness; why would it make use of such complicated reality altering?[/spoiler]
I think, that he used the virus to escape Cyberspace. I do not know, if he was a cyberelf-like being in the beginning or the virus gave him a body to interact with the material plane.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:29:55 PM
When did this interview happen? I had no idea Wily was brought back by the virus.

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 06:47:07 PM
When did this interview happen? I had no idea Wily was brought back by the virus.
Capcom Unity 10 questions with Inafune, last year.

Quote from: Thread title
How exactly was Wily brought back by the virus?
That's just what Inafune said.

What remains are theories and attempts to rationalize it.

Quote from: Zan
The Virus can cause a similar reality altering phenomenon, but only as the ZERO Virus; that is, the substantiation of cyberspace programs in the real world.
Don't quote me on that - I'm posting this for the sake of marshmallow man sighting this and then seeing whether this is fact or not - but I thought I read somewhere the Nightmare sort of did the same thing. It would be possible since it's derived from the Sigma Virus and the Earth was still scorched with it.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
As everything hints at Wily existing inside of Repliroid bodies that share his likeness; why would it make use of such complicated reality altering?
I think, that he used the virus to escape Cyberspace. I do not know, if he was a cyberelf-like being in the beginning or the virus gave him a body to interact with the material plane.

If he "escaped Cyberspace", he'd be a substantiated program like the Light hologram in X5, he wouldn't be occupying robotic bodies.

Wily died, but using the virus he became somewhat of a ghost; his soul could exist without a body and is now occupying the bodies of Repliroids made in his likeness.

Don't quote me on that - I'm posting this for the sake of marshmallow man sighting this and then seeing whether this is fact or not - but I thought I read somewhere the Nightmare sort of did the same thing. It would be possible since it's derived from the Sigma Virus and the Earth was still scorched with it.

The Nightmare Virus is so powerful it gives itself a solid body. Sigma Virus does this only in high concentration or by using external power. This process is 'substantiation' of the Virus.

Substantiation of other cyberspace programs (making them escape cyberspace) is also possible. But only the ZERO Virus has caused that phenomenon. Though the Gospel Server's radiation did the same, that's a different series. The Nightmare does do something similar, but it's not the same as what the ZERO virus does; I would liken it a lot more to how a Cyber Elf seems to change the environment.

The Sigma Virus being the basis for all these viruses would have similar properties.. it's just not powerful enough..

Remember when Inafune debunked the cataclysm? Same interview.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2008/09/05/inafunesan_answers_your_questions
1) Did Zero really "kill" the family between the events of the Classic Mega Man and X series?
KI:  No, Zero did not kill them.  According to the way I created him, Zero is not such a person--it is not in his profile.

4) What was the inspiration for Sigma?

KI: Some people think he might have been inspired by Sagat from Street Fighter because of his look, but that's not actually the case.  Sigma and Zero basically represent the idea that nothing is absolute. Sigma was a powerful leader of the Maverick Hunters but after Zero passed the virus to him, his allegiance changed.  Circumstances can change anything, and nothing is absolute.

6) What happened to Dr. Wily in Rockman X series?  Are Dr. Wily and Dr. Weil the same person?  Were they ever supposed to be?

KI:  A large amount of time has passed between the classic series and Mega Man X.  Dr. Wily had died in the interim but was brought back by the virus.  Dr. Wily and Weil are not the same person.  It is ironic though, because Dr. Wily created Zero, and Dr. Weil used Zero, but ultimately it was a copy of Zero's original body with a different mind that defeated him.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 10:13:00 PM
Gross speculation here, but I'm seriously wondering if Wily's virus revival had anything to do with the W appearing on his head in the X4 flashback.  Zero's seen headaches (X4 dreams), restraints (X6, Isoc), and awakening (X5, drop the colony), and none have repeated that effect.  Zero could be freaking out over another consciousness showing up in his head, and/or the virus may have jumped ship from him because Wily wanted out.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 01:12:57 AM
As in, he downloaded his consciousness into Zero, and then used the Virus as his escape ticket? I like that Idea...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 04:07:47 AM
More like the virus is what activated, or "revived" if you will, his consciousness in the first place.  What I'm suggesting is that the W was that moment, when Wily returned, not that he was part of Zero during the whole slumber/robot bloodbath shpiel.  He'd have emerged within Zero due to him being the primary host of the virus, until Sigma KOed him anyway.  From there he'd have made the jump to Sigma, then to an independent body/computer/whatever.

Again, gross speculation.  But you have to wonder...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 04:40:27 AM
HMMMMMM
*wonders*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47:59 PM
When Inafune says Virus, he means Virus. Wily who died is using the Virus he himself created to bring him back to life. Similar to how Sigma does it, but without the part where he's become the Virus itself, he's able to cheat death and have his soul occupy a new body.

it is not by his usage of 'Virus'. It is how he was translated to have used 'Virus'. Brought back 'BY' the Virus, not brought back 'AS' the Virus. This is why I speculate that a separate sentient program exists together with the Virus. Since it wasn't intended to Spread from Zero. That was a byproduct occurrence. Plus, with encounters of Virus ridden Reploid enemies, they are more or less going mad... Not changing into Wily. If the Virus was Wily in and of itself, it would make sense that it would behave as in spreading the Virus to every reploid possible and becoming Wily. The Sentient Program spreading with the Virus. Agent Smith in Matrix is a good example. Since Reploids tend to go mad, the Virus is in them, not said sentient program. Plus with Serges and Isoc, they were not mad. Thus they either were able to negate the Virus or didn't have the Virus.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 01:58:07 PM
separate sentient program

The word is "soul".

If the Virus was Wily in and of itself, it would make sense that it would behave as in spreading the Virus to every reploid possible and becoming Wily.

Sigma is the Virus, he isn't making other Repliroids turn into him using it. The Agent Smith effect doesn't apply, except for some degree with the New Generation.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:02:33 PM
The word is "soul".

Wily would have been able to replicate his mentality and consciousness, but his actual biological creature Soul? Unlikely. Different outcomes between Data Soul and Organic Born Soul. Granted, Cyber Elfs... But they are born from Human technology that flow within the Akashic Records... That differences would separate how they flow, not contradict that they flow...

Sigma is the Virus, he isn't making other Repliroids turn into him using it. The Agent Smith effect doesn't apply, except for some degree with the New Generation.

Sigma becomes the Virus, and even then reploids go mad. Same thing applies. The Virus cannot contain a consciousness and spread that consciousness. It cause eradicate behavior. I.E. Maverick... This is why I think the Virus works with the Program (Soul) instead of being the Virus. So Agent Smith example would still apply if the Virus contained and spread a Consciousness... At least this side of the New Gens... Which would be a different topic...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 02:20:15 PM
Wily would have been able to replicate his mentality and consciousness, but his actual biological creature Soul? Different outcomes between Data Soul and Organic Born Soul.

A soul is a soul.

Akashic Records

The term is Cyberspace. The records of Akasha are just a general description of the concept and role that the ZERO3 introduced Cyberspace fulfills.

And no, that's not how a Cyber Elf is created... It's a Repliroid Soul given a body of energy in the form of an elf.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:21:07 PM
Wily would have been able to replicate his mentality and consciousness, but his actual biological creature Soul?

Sorry to break your dreams. Humans are just biological forms that have their own consciousness and personalities which only exists through brain. So, if a human dies, that human is erased from universe "completely". I am not trying to say that to religious people. I'm just pointing out scientific facts on the idea of soul.

Going back to game side of the view:

Reploid Consciousness = Memories and Personality of the Original (If I'm not wrong)

So, basicly even if Wily was brought back by the virus. It wasnt the real Wily we know from Original series. He was a copy with exactyle same personality and memories. So, he will just deny the fact that he is a copy. Since he believes that he is 100% original Wily.

However. If the Wily turned in to the virus himself. (without dying during the process) Then we can say that he pretty much changes body and continues living forever. (ınless he ran out of energy).

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 04:33:32 PM
Everyone knows that Wily used a temporal anomaly known as a plothole.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 06:18:11 PM
Sorry to break your dreams. Humans are just biological forms that have their own consciousness and personalities which only exists through brain. So, if a human dies, that human is erased from universe "completely". I am not trying to say that to religious people. I'm just pointing out scientific facts on the idea of soul.

Sorry, but the scientific fact is that we don't know anything at all. You're just guessing Like all of us. :o

So, basicly even if Wily was brought back by the virus. It wasnt the real Wily we know from Original series. He was a copy with exactyle same personality and memories. So, he will just deny the fact that he is a copy. Since he believes that he is 100% original Wily.

This is Rockman. Ghosts are canon fact.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 12:02:14 AM
The term is Cyberspace. The records of Akasha are just a general description of the concept and role that the ZERO3 introduced Cyberspace fulfills.

And no, that's not how a Cyber Elf is created... It's a Repliroid Soul given a body of energy in the form of an elf.

I meant as in Human flow within the Akashic, to which Human technology also would flows. To which would apply to the Cyber Elf. Of course they are born from Reploid's and granted Elf imaged energy bodies... Just they are bound to an after-life of flowing without a body in the CyberSpace...

Sorry to break your dreams. Humans are just biological forms that have their own consciousness and personalities which only exists through brain. So, if a human dies, that human is erased from universe "completely".

Such has reoccurred within the Series. So fact outside of fiction only seemingly applies within fact. Fiction rewrites such facts. Cyber Elfs, ZX Humans to Cyber Elfs. Light's Capsules... Soul or not, digital rendition of the consciousness still pertains to story plot.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 01:30:51 AM
In Z3 the existence of cyberspace puts forth the notion that all things in the world are in some manner represented as data.  If Cyberspace includes all natural aspects of the world, why should Cyberspace not include natural souls?

The "soul vs. digital copy" debate has already gone on for ages with regard to the Light capsules.  And the reality is it's just pointless nitpicking.  No reason has been put forth to believe that the same character in-the-flesh would behave differently, so the debate is moot.  Any storywriter could write either scenario, but thus far they have never been established as independent of the human characters whose likeness they share.  For the purpose of the story, they are the same.

Besides the fact that you're guessing, out-of-body experiences during operations that induce "clinical death" (drain your body of blood for about half an hour) contradict that assumption.  The brain does not function during such procedures and thus cannot hallucinate.  In this instance it appears that consciousness extends beyond a single organ, whether you want to take that physically or spiritually is irrelevant.  The fact is science does not fully understand human consciousness.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 01:54:55 AM
Christ, you guys. Occam's Razor when you post.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 02:23:54 AM
Sort of relevant.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 03:38:56 PM
The "soul vs. digital copy" debate has already gone on for ages with regard to the Light capsules.  And the reality is it's just pointless nitpicking.  No reason has been put forth to believe that the same character in-the-flesh would behave differently, so the debate is moot.  Any storywriter could write either scenario, but thus far they have never been established as independent of the human characters whose likeness they share.  For the purpose of the story, they are the same.
Besides the fact that you're guessing, out-of-body experiences during operations that induce "clinical death" (drain your body of blood for about half an hour) contradict that assumption.  The brain does not function during such procedures and thus cannot hallucinate.  In this instance it appears that consciousness extends beyond a single organ, whether you want to take that physically or spiritually is irrelevant.  The fact is science does not fully understand human consciousness.
Yes.  Pretty much to everything here.  Within the X series, the reploid's behavior is completely different based on whether or not it has its "soul", another "soul" (Wily's or Sigma's), or no "soul" (Maverick Hunter: X).  It is consistently shown that reploids have an extra something inside them that makes them who they are.  This also separates them from mechaniloids, who do not have souls.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 10:01:26 PM
The brain does not function during such procedures and thus cannot hallucinate.
But couldn't it end up with a false memory of that time?