Armors and Weapons

CyberXIII · 17664

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 20, 2009, 05:27:00 AM
It would get to the point that people would only use Chameleon Sting and Rolling Shield.
fixd~

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:12 AM
fixd~
Y'know, that's exactly what I meant, but I was being nice to everyone else that might use other weapons XD

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 20, 2009, 05:46:16 AM
But that's why they have to keep making the later weapons better!

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 20, 2009, 08:02:37 AM

The only possible weapons that could be better would be the flaming dash thing from X2 and Dark Hold from X5, and that's because the dash is a utility move and Dark Hold freezes time. The web thing from X4 sucked because of how hard it was to manipulate getting on the little bastards, but unless it was some kind of endless chasm, you could just use the invisibility charge to cross the spikes, or if you use Xtreme 1's Rolling Shield, just WALK over the damn things.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 20, 2009, 08:21:19 AM
I thought crystal Hunter was pretty good. Soul Body's fun, but only to mess around with.
Unless we had the X5 Ultimate armor version, which kicks ass. The clones are even shaped like the Ultimate armor.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 20, 2009, 08:40:33 AM
Actually, I just thought of something. Why is it that in Command Mission, the Ultimate Armor is completely different and essentially in two parts, form and name? The super armor X Fire looks a lot like the UA we're used to seeing, but the UA in that game is like a giant magnum mounted to a jet. And why is it that at no other point in the entire series does Zero bring about Absolute Zero armor back? <.< I mean, a nice little cameo in X8 would've been nice.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 20, 2009, 09:46:52 AM
And why is it that at no other point in the entire series does Zero bring about Absolute Zero armor back? <.< I mean, a nice little cameo in X8 would've been nice.
Because Command Mission is after X8...?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 20, 2009, 09:55:31 AM
oh yeah <.< (Hey, it's been awhile since I played them, I've forgotten the order for the most part of the games as far as time line goes ><)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 20, 2009, 08:02:26 PM
i made a list of all the useless weapons post X3, i should probably dig it up.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:00 PM
I'm sorry, but in the X games you rarely ever need anything more than your buster to get by. The whole reason Chameleon Sting and Rolling Shield were so awesome was their granting of basically invincibility for a short period of time, and I doubt there's really any way you could top those in sheer usefulness. Speed Burner was handy at times, yeah, but even then that still wasn't good enough to even get close to the weapons mentioned earlier.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #85 on: July 21, 2009, 01:38:45 AM
So far as later-game weapons go, it must be said:
X4 head + Twin Slasher = pjwnage

fixd~
Please, you can't dismiss Fire Wave and Storm Tornado that easily.

To say nothing of the X1 charged buster being perhaps the kickassiest the series has seen, if not for boss damage caps screwing it over (which X2 fixed).

i made a list of all the useless weapons post X3, i should probably dig it up.
List is worthless if it does not include Blade Armor's buster. X(

I honestly believe Capcom made that armor so that, if they continued re-using last-game's armor, they wouldn't have to water it down.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)