CyberXIII · 17697

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 04:01:45 AM
That......is true, but completely irrelevant.

The arms and legs are X's regular green/blue, like with all his armors, and the armor itself is a brighter more "X" blue. the crystal is alos green whereas it was more of a sky blue before

X4 just directly reused X4's Ultimate Armor. complete with weapons and charge effect. >.>;

A nice observation, but that's not what I mean.  You're speaking of the "armor add-ons" alone.  I'm talking about X as a whole.  Purple mid-joints and everything.  It's particularly noticeable, and it too is part of X's appearance when he uses the UA against Zero.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 04:03:40 AM
I know that. i was talking to Cyber. He said there was no difference, So I pointed it out.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 04:06:34 AM
Fair enough.  But the color-scheme of the mid-joints, if changed from normal, are as valid a part of the "armor" color scheme as any other.  Such is the case in X5.  X goes from normal unarmored scheme to complete X4 armor color, paler blue, purple arms/legs, the whole sheebang.  If Cyber didn't notice that, he's not paying attention and/or it's been entirely too long since he played that battle.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 05:26:32 PM
Fair enough.  But the color-scheme of the mid-joints, if changed from normal, are as valid a part of the "armor" color scheme as any other.  Such is the case in X5.  X goes from normal unarmored scheme to complete X4 armor color, paler blue, purple arms/legs, the whole sheebang.  If Cyber didn't notice that, he's not paying attention and/or it's been entirely too long since he played that battle.

A little here, a little there.  I was too busy trying not to die to take a good look at X's joints (I suck at playing with Zero) and haven't fought X in months.

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 06:39:45 PM
Altho the Ultimate Armor in X6 got a nice paint job, it looked a little beat up when the big square thingies poped up at start of every level, you know...the "close ups".

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 08:29:00 PM
...Is it possible you are referring to the mugshots used in conversations?

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 08:56:29 PM
Yes, I was talking about the mugshots. X looked cool in them mugshots too.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:10 AM
Altho the Ultimate Armor in X6 got a nice paint job, it looked a little beat up when the big square thingies poped up at start of every level, you know...the "close ups".
If the surface looks uneven it's because the UA is supposed to have a slightly translucent look to it.  You can see this in the X5 Power-Up Parts menu as well.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:35:52 AM by Hypershell »

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 04:39:44 PM
You can see it most in the armor Kits. they are translucent. I never understood X6's paintjob. It looks weird. especially with the light blue upper limbs...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 12:09:05 AM
I wonder why they left it out of X7?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 12:30:01 AM
Because they were just too lazy to go the extra mile. it was their first 3D X outing. they were just too lazy for secrets or extras besides new game plus. though you can equip X's snipe missile (I think its purple coloring) and pretend youve got the ultimate armor.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 02:36:43 AM
You can see it most in the armor Kits. they are translucent. I never understood X6's paintjob. It looks weird. especially with the light blue upper limbs...
I like X6's coloring, but I understand some adjustment being needed.  In all honesty it probably would have fitted better with the older upper limbs, but X6 decided to brighten them for some reason.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 19, 2009, 07:12:10 AM
X also got taller in X6 If I remember right.
also, not quite... maybe with Silver limbs. the Purple wouldn't go all that well with the black and Silver.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 20, 2009, 12:36:28 AM
Nope, he's the same height.  He may look larger in the saber frames due to being edited from Zero's old attacks, though.

X6 UA does not have silver highlights, as seen in the mugshots, it's actually still gold.  Just a much paler gold.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 20, 2009, 12:59:46 AM
Couldn't the original bit about the weapons, and even armor, be compared to Classic Mega Man, Metriod, Battle Network, Star Force, and Legends?

My guess is that the programmers were lazy and made a forced deletion, leaving it to be a mystery. My actual guess is that (and it ONLY applies to Classic and X) the weapon data erases itself after a certain period of time. As for why the hell Trigger doesn't have the same damn weapons as before, though, doesn't make a lick of sense.

For the armor, X could just have put it in some kind of 'hall of fame'. The Ultimate Armor is a bigger question, because the only non-code time I think you can get it is in X5, which makes sense, but it's also possible to get it at the start of the game, and even in X4 it's available.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:12 AM
Isn't Legends explained in-game? Sold all your weapons, and all.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 01:17:07 AM
Indeed it was.  The wise-crack I made first-page was in reference to that.

Roll sold all of Trigger's equipment between games to pay for Flutter repair/upgrades.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 01:20:01 AM
ah. It's been awhile since I played 2 in English (I was still in middle school when i got it), so I forgot. Still, doesn't it seem stupid to sell the very weapons and crap you got in the first game, if you're going to turn back around and remake them anyway? Weren't there several weapons that were in both games, like the Homing Missile and the supah laser?

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 20, 2009, 01:20:30 AM
Lan sold all his battle chips to buy MORE LIFE PRESERVERS

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 20, 2009, 01:22:04 AM
Still, doesn't it seem stupid to sell the very weapons and crap you got in the first game, if you're going to turn back around and remake them anyway?
I suppose she figured "If I can remake them shortly then it's OK to get rid of them now, plus if I don't we're never getting off this hole"

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 20, 2009, 01:31:26 AM
If I can be a buzz kill here, I don't understand why people try and figure this out when they know the reason. Some things just happen in games because thats the way it is. If you retained every armor from X1, there'd be no point in X2's armor. If you retained every weapon from X1, you'd have 64 different weapons by the time of X8. Its not chocked up to logic, its game play mechanics. The fun in playing these games is collecting the new weapons, getting the heart pieces, finding the armor capsules. Yeah, it is nifty when its explained, such as in Metroid Prime 1 where Samus is trying to escape the exploding space ship in the beginning and for some daffy reason she turns to WATCH AN EXPLOSION COMING AT HER, but hey, now you have a reason to collect everything.

Sorry, I just needed to get this off my chest. I know its fun to try and figure out explanations and all, but come on.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 20, 2009, 02:39:33 AM
Lan sold all his battle chips to buy MORE LIFE PRESERVERS

an actual argument that could be made though, is that every new generation of PETs (which seems like they made 6-7 of them INSIDE A YEAR) would have data that the previous generation of chips couldn't handle or whatever. It'd be kinda like how there are programs that work for XP that don't work well on Vista, and you're essentially repeating the whole thing several times over. Same thing with Star Force. Though, there STILL is the problem of why the hell they release a new freakin' model of the damn things about 2 months later or so. I don't think Lan changed grades at any point, except maybe the very end.

If I can be a buzz kill here, I don't understand why people try and figure this out when they know the reason. Some things just happen in games because thats the way it is. If you retained every armor from X1, there'd be no point in X2's armor. If you retained every weapon from X1, you'd have 64 different weapons by the time of X8. Its not chocked up to logic, its game play mechanics. The fun in playing these games is collecting the new weapons, getting the heart pieces, finding the armor capsules. Yeah, it is nifty when its explained, such as in Metroid Prime 1 where Samus is trying to escape the exploding space ship in the beginning and for some daffy reason she turns to WATCH AN EXPLOSION COMING AT HER, but hey, now you have a reason to collect everything.

Sorry, I just needed to get this off my chest. I know its fun to try and figure out explanations and all, but come on.

It is just for fun and whatnot, and without these kinds of discussions on this board, it'd be pretty barren all around except in certain parts. It's also interesting to find out what exactly is canon and how the creators managed to get out of the hole they dug for years and years XD

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 20, 2009, 03:11:59 AM
If you retained every weapon from X1, you'd have 64 different weapons by the time of X8.
Would that be such a bad thing?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 20, 2009, 05:23:42 AM
Would that be such a bad thing?
It would get to the point that people would only use weapons from the earlier games, defeating the purpose of the later weapons.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 20, 2009, 05:25:38 AM

relevant.