• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 11:49:12 PM
Can we move back on topic?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:23 AM
My technobabble explanation was that the special weapons are nuclear-powered, and, um, radioactive decay happens!

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 05:48:36 AM
I'm theorizing damage to his systems from each fight with Sigma has something to do with it. That may only apply to X5, where he was left in tatters, though.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 07:56:05 PM
In the instances where it is not specifically stated (or directly implied) that X rid himself of the armors and upgrades, I like to think that he stores them away in case of an emergency (such as the battle with Zero in X5).  This explains why we do not see them most of the time, and provides a way for them to reappear on occasion (such as X5).

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 09:17:34 PM
But then he should be able to grab one during stage select, surely?

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 11:49:34 PM
But then he should be able to grab one during stage select, surely?

Now that part's a gameplay mechanic.

Plus, if I'm right, the 8 previous weapons are linked to the previous armor.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 12:26:45 AM
Perhaps reploids just get that much stronger in every generation, so that the weapons+armors from previous wars are already outdated and too weak by the next.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 12:31:04 AM
X6 is mere weeks after 5...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 01:03:49 AM
Yes, but the enemies are from the Nightmare Virus, which I think is described as the worst thing ever.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 05:15:59 AM
Perhaps reploids just get that much stronger in every generation, so that the weapons+armors from previous wars are already outdated and too weak by the next.
If the above is true, it does not explain why X would choose to use outdated weapons against Zero in X5, when he could access the latest arsenal.

The reploids do seem to get stronger as time goes by, however.

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 05:44:54 PM
There's kinda truth to both points on that.  Note how much of a beating the various Sigma clones in X8's final stage can take.  By no means boss-level, but still pretty darn tough.

Of course, there was a previous Copy Sigma who WAS a boss, so that kinda throws a monkey wrench into the comparison.  Nevertheless, dialogue in X8 seems to show that the top of the older pack is still pretty respectable in present-day.

If you compare the Power/Speed ratings between X2 and X3 you can get a nice idea of progress and how Sigma compares as well.  Sigma's Power and Speed in X2 are each 18500rp.  No animaloid in X3 can touch that.  Doppler is close but not quite, Bit almost matches in Speed, Byte has a slight edge in Power.  Only Gokarmachine and Sigma's new bodies truly surpass that mark.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 05:47:14 PM
and X :P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 05:49:33 PM
Don't be a smartass. :P

X is unknown, as is Zero.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 07:14:23 PM
There's kinda truth to both points on that.  Note how much of a beating the various Sigma clones in X8's final stage can take.  By no means boss-level, but still pretty darn tough.

Of course, there was a previous Copy Sigma who WAS a boss, so that kinda throws a monkey wrench into the comparison.

I think that's not a comparison that can easily be made.. the power of the copied Sigma form is related to the power of the Repliroid and its copy ability....

As supplied by MarshmallowMan.

Rockman X8 Hisshou Kouryaku Hou,
Copy Sigma's bio:
ここまでのコピー可能なのは10000体に1体の割合。
Compared to other copy abilities [Copy ability reploids], only one in ten thousand are at this level.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 12:51:43 AM
Don't be a smartass. :P

X is unknown, as is Zero.
Unknown in the story, or because it depends on the player?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 03:08:11 AM
Unknown in the story.  X and Zero are listed in the X2 Power/Speed ratings as "????", before Zero was ever put in the player's hands.  X3 reiterates it, and also adds the Sigma Virus to the "unknown" pile.

I consider that a testament to their "impossible to analyze" nature as elaborated in X5 and X6.  Even Gate, as much progress as he made on Zero, admits that he could have spent more time on it.  Then a few centuries later we have Ciel's Copy X, which Zero recalls as being weaker than the real thing.

Offline marshmallow man

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 06:06:40 AM
If the above is true, it does not explain why X would choose to use outdated weapons against Zero in X5, when he could access the latest arsenal.

It's possible to arrive there without ever having acquired any of the weapons... though it would certainly take both luck and skill. That doesn't seem to affect Zero's moves though. I think X might've used them because he was already familiar with their powers, and in particular because he wanted to use Soul Body. X and Zero seem to agree, it is the weapon of choice for taking out an opponent who's already beaten you.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 07:18:24 AM
Except Zero does not have Soul body. what he gets, is his own variation in X5, Twin dream. Which leads one to assume that if you fight Zero, he uses Twin dream.

Also,to add onto Marshmallow, Those moves were also powered up. They all, with the exception of Double cyclone, act slightly, (in Soul body's case DRASTICALLY) different that their X4 versions.  Frost Tower follows you around, and Soul Body, no longer creates a full clone of X, but shoots uncharged Soul bodies that are shaped like the Ultimate Armor. Actually, Its now more similar to Split Mushroom's own version.

So I assume that X also had that thought in mind. His weapons from X4 were still attached to the Ultimate Armor, and- wait, that makes me think of another thought. Ultimate armor was not Canon until X5 X vs Zero. in X5 it was also a secret. What if X found the Capsule and  knew very well that using his old X4 weapons with it would soup them up? Though that also begs the question of why He did not use the Nova Strike. Though that can also be because of X being hesitant to go full force against his best friend.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 09:46:21 AM
Unknown in the story.  X and Zero are listed in the X2 Power/Speed ratings as "????", before Zero was ever put in the player's hands.  X3 reiterates it, and also adds the Sigma Virus to the "unknown" pile.
Shucks, I was thinking later games could fill in the numbers by computing how well the player did.

Oh well, I'll just yell "OVER 9000!" whenever I see those question marks.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 10:26:19 PM
So I assume that X also had that thought in mind. His weapons from X4 were still attached to the Ultimate Armor, and- wait, that makes me think of another thought. Ultimate armor was not Canon until X5 X vs Zero. in X5 it was also a secret. What if X found the Capsule and  knew very well that using his old X4 weapons with it would soup them up? Though that also begs the question of why He did not use the Nova Strike. Though that can also be because of X being hesitant to go full force against his best friend.
However, the X4 and X5 Ultimate Armors have different color schemes.  The X vs. Zero fight uses the X4 color scheme.  And as I mentioned earlier it also uses the X4 charge effect, bizarre as that it.

Another pointless visual nitpick, IIRC there is no green trail on his buster shot.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 12:28:23 AM
Last I checked, X4 and X5 had the same color scheme for the UA.  X6 was the one with a new paint job.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 12:49:46 AM
Last I checked, X4 and X5 had the same color scheme for the UA.  X6 was the one with a new paint job.

The arms and legs are X's regular green/blue, like with all his armors, and the armor itself is a brighter more "X" blue. the crystal is alos green whereas it was more of a sky blue before

X4 just directly reused X4's Ultimate Armor. complete with weapons and charge effect. >.>;

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 01:38:34 AM
Let me rephrase that.

X6 was the one with a noticeable paint job.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:12 AM
X5 was pretty noticeable to me. Its hard no to notice that X's arms aren't purple anymore and that the armor is a brighter blue.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 02:04:37 AM
also, while X5 has the Forth Armor, it does not have the head parts benefits.