Protodude · 3040

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: July 04, 2009, 07:39:58 PM
Whole variety of news this past week, let's have a look-see:

No Plans For A New Mega Man Legends...For Now

GamingUnion has an interview with Capcom's Seth Killian up for reading, talking a little about the likelihood of a new Mega Man Legends among other things. His words make me very hopeful:

GU: Is Capcom planning anything new with the Mega Man Legends series such as a 3rd installment or us getting the PSP ports of the 1st two games from Japan?

Seth: After Marvel vs Capcom 2, MM Legends is probably one of our most fan-requested games. MM creator Keiji Inafune is certainly aware of the fans' request—his office is basically a shrine to the stuff he’s gotten from fans over the years. There are no plans right now, but Mega Man 9 came totally out of left-field, so you never know with that guy. If he gets inspired, and things can happen very quickly.

Well now, that gets me feeling a little hopeful...

Content "Removed" From Star Force 3

Surprised? Mega Man Star Force 3 continues the long tradition of removing content without any explanation. A preliminary list of everything cut below:

- Noise Kaizou Gear (SF3's equivalent to Wave Command Cards.)
- Rezon cards
- Secret Satellite Server (
- Majority of the Meteor Server Access

Strangely, most of these features can be brought back via hacking, leading some to believe that they weren't removed per se, rather, "locked." If that is the case, then said features might become "unlocked" through downloadable activation keys.

Maverick Hunter, Powered Up Coming To PlayStation Network

According to the official PlayStation blog, a boatload of Capcom PS1 and PSP titles will gradually make their way onto PSN, the first of which (Capcom Classics Collection Remixed) arrives tomorrow.

Among the lot, Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X are scheduled to appear as "UMD Legacy" titles. No specific release date for either game have been set. Hope to see them sooner than later.

For the full details and game list, check out Ryan's post here.

Horinouchi Teases Future Mega Man Projects

A little something something that was overlooked in GameTrailer's interview with Takeshi Horinouchi, the current Mega Man series producer:

GT: ANY SECRETS OR PREVIEWS YOU CAN SHARE ABOUT WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM THE MEGA MAN SERIES IN THE FUTURE?

TK: We are already moving ahead with several new plans not limited to a specific target or hardware, and are working hard to be able to tell you more about it. Please stay tuned!

If you're disappointed in Operate Shooting Star, keep your fingers crossed and hope that for something more to your liking will pop up in the near future.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:43:12 PM
Well yeah, I'm always hopeful.

As for MHX and MMPU... if the downloads are good we might actually get further remakes. Who knows? Everyone with access should download these. Especially since MMX is so much better to play with a controller.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:55:02 PM
Looks like we might get DASH3 (or ZX3, and obviously BN: Operate Shooting Star) around Christmas time after all. If I remember, it was around autumn/winter when ZX and ZXA came out, so yeah.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 08:08:38 PM
I really don't get why we keep asking Seth for new releases, all he knows is what's being currently being localized, and by that time the Japanese game has already been released. He doesn't know anything about the Japanese side of things.

Offline Superjustinbros

• It's me.
  • Resistance Member
  • Something
    • View Profile
    • Super Justin: The Blog
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:16:00 PM
That's cool. ;) I wonder how many people are still awaiting the release of Rockman Rockman 2 (not announced yet ;O;) and Rosenkreuzstilette Freudensnatchel.  o~O