General RPM Wiki Talk

Rock Miyabi · 3466

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
on: November 11, 2008, 03:43:50 AM
While I see Vixy and PB have put their plan into motion on the wiki, I figured now would be the best time for me to talk about some stuff I've been working on. For the most part, I've been trying to scan and photograph (although I really need a better camera ^^;) as much of my stuff as I can to give everybody a better look at the manga and collectibles with the Rock/Megaman name on them. While I still have pleeeenty of work to do, I never intended for the wiki pages to be filled with just my stuff or anything. That would be kinda lame. And it's not like I have everything out there anyway. But in order for this thing to really be complete and thorough, I obviously could use some help.

I know not everybody wants to sign up or work on the wiki, but if you have any photos or scans of your figures, boxes, strategy guides, etc., feel free to send them my way. I hopefully won't be the only person creating/updating these pages, but I have no problem putting them up if you want to provide some content to help out. I just started my first template for the toys today, and would like to be able to have images of figures both in and out of package if possible. So there are some I can't do it for with my collection. Suggestions for other info wanted on these pages is also welcome. By no means am I a wiki expert.

Some of the other pages have sat dead for a while, too, without much updating. Almost wonder if we should have something like a monthly vote to induct a new site and fan to their respective page for their contributions. Complete with an interview, perhaps...:?

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:53:49 AM
I like your ideas, Miyabi.  I have to look for them, or simply do them again, but I can scan in all the US Instruction Booklets for the NES games, and some X games as well.

Some of the other pages have sat dead for a while, too, without much updating. Almost wonder if we should have something like a monthly vote to induct a new site and fan to their respective page for their contributions. Complete with an interview, perhaps...:?

Well, if everything goes according to plan, I'm possibly going to have another interview with Eddie Lebron, who's making the MegaMan Film.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:56:38 PM
Sorry for what appears to be a necropost, but with regards to the wiki, were there any plans to include a "Rockman Cameos"-esque section like we had on the old site?. I still have my copy of SVC Chaos lying around somewhere, so I could contribute info on Zero's cameo in that game.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 01:45:50 AM
A two-day old necropost is the absolute worst kind of necropost. You should totally be ashamed.  8D

It's not like it's my say or anything, but I would have no idea why they shouldn't be included. The wiki's supposed to be an information source for all things Rockman, cameo or not. Now whether or not Vixy would prefer it with the rest of the Rockman Series titles (under a Cameo header) or on a separate page would be a different issue.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 01:55:45 AM
The last Cameo page didn't really have much cameo info in it.
It only had a list of what games Rockman was featured in and nothing else.
I think we need to rewrite something fancier for that section.
Cameo section is separate from the rest of the Rockman Series pages.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~