Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 07:49:13 AM
Moltar - "This one's going out to allllllll the ladies."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 09:03:33 AM
Sailor Moon... Chinese dubs were great, the last I remembered.
Only showed up till the defeat of Queen Beryl... Though I remembered they showed some movies too.

And that was like... ... ... 15 years ago.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 09:07:41 AM
I remember it was almost like a religion for me to watch this just because it was the kickoff for the 3 hours of Toonami weekdays. Under any other circumstance, I probably would have wrote the whole thing off when I was younger. I also remember my father actually telling me to "get up and leave the room" because "it's a show for girls, unless your special".

Good times. XD
Well, Jericho..

ARE you special?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 09:17:47 AM
Well, Jericho..

ARE you special?

If by special you mean black, then yes I am. 8D

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 01:33:26 PM
I must've gone through this like twice at least, and even then I can't recall most of it (partly because 90% of the episodes were the same damn thing). Best saga was that one with the team of four evil lolis that in the end team up with the sailors. And the numerous deaths of every main character, specially Neptune and Uranus

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
  • Zero is the coolest reploid ever <3
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 02:53:59 PM
I must've gone through this like twice at least, and even then I can't recall most of it (partly because 90% of the episodes were the same damn thing). Best saga was that one with the team of four evil lolis that in the end team up with the sailors. And the numerous deaths of every main character, specially Neptune and Uranus

That's the last one with Galaxia. Really sad saga that one. The last one ironically. They don't have it in English though since it was far too violent to bring to North America. It starts getting really dramatic and violent around the 4th season or so, which is ironically where they stopped translating. The season with Mistress 9 was the last one they showed here.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 03:19:14 PM
Best saga was that one with the team of four evil lolis that in the end team up with the sailors.

That's the last one with Galaxia.

Actually, that's the Dead Circus/Amazoness Quartet arc of SuperS, not the Galaxia arc from Sailor Stars.

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 04:03:47 PM
That's the last one with Galaxia.

Actually, that's the Dead Circus/Amazoness Quartet arc of SuperS, not the Galaxia arc from Sailor Stars.

The dying scouts part of his quote was from the Galaxia arc that's why I mentioned it. But yes, it is the Amazoness Quartet that join the scouts. He just mixed two different arcs in one post which was why I mentioned the Galaxia arc. Should've mentioned the arc prior, my bad on that. I'm fully aware of my Sailor Moon.. as mentioned earlier, I memorized all of the anime, manga and the Live Action versions of Sailor Moon.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 04:16:39 PM
Wait, even the live-action version?
How was it?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 05:03:15 PM
Do I like Sailor Moon? I LOVE SAILOR MOON! I watched it as a kid, and I loved it. Also, I remember that they didn't air the last episode of first season in Poland because it was too violent. Yet, they aired the Galaxia arc as a whole.
ALSO, We had this with original dub + a voice over. Just like most shows at that time. Now they mostly do shitty dubs here in Poland.

He's technically the memory of Tuxedo Mask. During the season with aliens Ann and Alan (technically it's a filler part of the season), Tuxedo Mask/Darien have no memory of what happened the season prior or his past history with Princess Serenity. Since Tuxedo Mask wasn't around, the memory of Prince Darien/Tuxedo Mask was sent as the Moonlight Knight to protect the Princess/Sailor Moon and her Sailor Senshi.
Wait, "Darien"? Wasn't he called Endymion? I'm pretty sure he was called Endymion. Unless "Darien" is his dubfag name.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:26 PM
never really bothered much. it was on right before Samurai Pizza Cats, so i probably always caught the tail end of the episode. the moral and the credits. i have seen very few full episodes.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:55 PM
I'm sure Sailor Moon turned a whole lot of little boys gay.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 22, 2009, 06:10:04 PM
>Sailor Moon
>A show about girls with short skirts.
>Turn little boys gay.
>laughingelfman.jpg

Does not compute, man. Does not compute.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 22, 2009, 06:15:43 PM
You'd be surprised.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 06:40:29 PM
live-action version = panty shots

Yeah, I've seen some of it from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 22, 2009, 07:03:19 PM
Hmm...
Must be why it wasn't shown here...

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:05 PM

Tuxedo Mask taught little boys how to be a manly gentlemen

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:47 PM
Wait, even the live-action version?
How was it?

As my honey says it's panty shots and lots of them. The story line of the Live Action ends at Queen Beryl. The story remained pretty much the same except they gave a few twists here. [spoiler]Such as Dark Mercury, The death of Sailor Venus and Sailor Moon was the one to destroy the planet in the end. Though of course, it was all restored, including Venus' life.[/spoiler] Venus was a celebrity in the show. The monsters and stuff they battle is just as corny as Power Rangers really. Errm.. there's quite a few changes. They follow the basic storyline but they made some changes to cut the story short.

Wait, "Darien"? Wasn't he called Endymion? I'm pretty sure he was called Endymion. Unless "Darien" is his dubfag name.

That was his North American name. Suited him in the Dubbed version so it's not that bad a name.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 23, 2009, 01:21:22 AM
I remember it was almost like a religion for me to watch this just because it was the kickoff for the 3 hours of Toonami weekdays. Under any other circumstance, I probably would have wrote the whole thing off when I was younger. I also remember my father actually telling me to "get up and leave the room" because "it's a show for girls, unless your special".

Good times. XD

Special is a nice way to say it haha XD
Good times indeed!

Offline Girla PurpleHeart

• Sailor Eris
  • B-Class Hunter
  • ~Midna's True Guardian And Duchess of Twilight~
    • View Profile
    • PurpleHeart Palace
Reply #44 on: June 23, 2009, 07:29:00 AM
That's the last one with Galaxia. Really sad saga that one. The last one ironically. They don't have it in English though since it was far too violent to bring to North America. It starts getting really dramatic and violent around the 4th season or so, which is ironically where they stopped translating...

Yeah, and I was really pissed when they didn't dubbed it. Even though, it's a children show. I think that's the reason why that they didn't dub it in the NA is because it got into a teen-rated style, and that's why they stop dubbing it. Second of all, the characters were teens at the time in the whole seasons. So that confuses some older girls/fans of the series.

And I never seen the Live Action one. I do see some picture samples of it, but it looks quite interesting to watch.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:04 AM
Hmm... Corny Power Rangers style...
Might... Consider...

Offline Ciel

• THE Dr Ciel~
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009, 02:31:59 PM
Yeah, and I was really pissed when they didn't dubbed it. Even though, it's a children show. I think that's the reason why that they didn't dub it in the NA is because it got into a teen-rated style, and that's why they stop dubbing it. Second of all, the characters were teens at the time in the whole seasons. So that confuses some older girls/fans of the series.

And I never seen the Live Action one. I do see some picture samples of it, but it looks quite interesting to watch.

Yeah the scouts were all teens since the beginning. It does get pretty intense near the end, with the death of the Sailor Scouts. The manga is even worse than the anime, there's blood and such when you see them get impaled or whatever death they go by. Pretty gruesome. As for the Live Action series, here is a good site I have bookmarked that you can visit about it: Clicky

Hmm... Corny Power Rangers style...
Might... Consider...

Lol silly Wily. If you want to download the episodes, here's where you can: Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the show's download links

It's pretty entertaining, I'm on episode 40 right now, myself. Gonna watch some more later lol  owob

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009, 02:42:06 PM
Ah, thanks for the link Ciel.
Might get to them after I clear my backlogged anime. >0<

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009, 05:18:52 PM
I enjoyed Sailor Moon and watched everyday at my cousin's house, although I had yet to read the manga and it was one of the first magical girl shows I watched. I enjoyed the fact that the made the show similar to Power Rangers except wth girls in short skirts and I noticed this trend in magical girls since although that is not to say that Sailor Moon started it.

I thought it was CLAMP seeing how CLAMP has androgynous malesthat turn out to be gay or at least Foe Yay.

Yeah the scouts were all teens since the beginning. It does get pretty intense near the end, with the death of the Sailor Scouts. The manga is even worse than the anime, there's blood and such when you see them get impaled or whatever death they go by. Pretty gruesome. As for the Live Action series, here is a good site I have bookmarked that you can visit about it: It's pretty entertaining, I'm on episode 40 right now, myself. Gonna watch some more later lol  owob

This surprises me since I had yet to read the manga.

You'd be surprised.

What the [Atomic Fire]?

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 23, 2009, 11:54:14 PM
Lol naaaahhh.. you know who's hunky?

0v0 *drools*

He fails in comparison to Tuxedo Melvin and his spicey shrimp attack.