What Anime are you Currently Watching?

Satoryu · 463373

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2375 on: May 06, 2015, 10:30:02 PM
>strongly recommends an exceptional series
>no longer wants to watch it

I will never understand this contradiction.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2376 on: May 06, 2015, 10:34:54 PM
It's not recommending as much as it's constant pestering. It's annoying and it turns me off from something.

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #2377 on: May 06, 2015, 11:01:39 PM
>strongly recommends an exceptional series
>no longer wants to watch it

I will never understand this contradiction.
It happens to me too. Actually it happened not too long ago with AoT.

Home sweet home

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2378 on: May 06, 2015, 11:11:21 PM
It happens to me too. Actually it happened not too long ago with AoT.

Well with AoT it's justifiable because AoT is bad.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2379 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:50 PM
People seem to be blinded by AoT's huge production values, to the point where the mediocre plot and terrible writing flies over their head.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2380 on: May 06, 2015, 11:24:05 PM
I have been guilty of that with my brother when I wanted him to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure because I did pester him a bit but he has been watching it now though very slowly.

He's guilty of it as well with recommending Fairy Tale even though I honestly have no interest in watching it as well as certain members of the anime club recommending me to watch Sword Art Online.  Attack on Titan was like that too and I honestly did give it a try because the early parts seemed interesting....until we got to the Titan Shifting concepts and I was really turned off by it quick.

It's the fact that people assume that I would like something even though it's not really something I'm interested in. 

Otherwise I can't put into words why this sort of thing annoys people and why it turns them off even though I do understand it and it in fact turns me off as well.  Could be an effect of unintentional Reverse Psychology.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2381 on: May 29, 2015, 11:05:06 AM
Steins;Gate is completed.

That was... uh, that was quite something. The last couple of episodes demand rewatching, and I have some questions on certain aspects. Overall, it was amazing and a pretty damn ballsy sci-fi anime. Extremely recommended.

If I hadn't played the Zero Escape series, my brain probably would have exploded. It hasn't quite reached ZE level insanity, in regards to time travel, though it came close in some parts. But in all honesty, it doesn't even need to be compared to that. Steins;Gate is unique in a way I never would have anticipated.

Apparently, there's a rumor of a second season, though I don't understand what else they could do in the story. It wrapped up so perfectly, very similar to how Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood ended perfectly. There's nothing else to really prod or pick at in those conclusions.

Either way, I'll definitely rewatch some of the episodes.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2382 on: May 29, 2015, 11:28:08 AM
OreGairu's gone down the shitter. It's watchable still but it's really not as good as it started out.

On the other hand, whenever Hestia isn't on my screen, DanMachi's [tornado fang]ing amazing. Last fight was flawlessly choreographed. It was great.

I dropped Owari no Seraph because it's [parasitic bomb] though.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2383 on: May 29, 2015, 12:07:22 PM
Steins;Gate is completed.

That was... uh, that was quite something. The last couple of episodes demand rewatching, and I have some questions on certain aspects. Overall, it was amazing and a pretty damn ballsy sci-fi anime. Extremely recommended.
Tuturuuuuuuu~
Robotic;Notes?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2384 on: May 30, 2015, 02:09:00 AM
Okay, so not a rumor, but it is actually confirmed now: Steins;Gate will be getting a "sequel". It's called Steins;Gate 0

It will revolve around the Beta World Line
[spoiler]An alternate world where Okabe gives up on saving Kirisu and, I presume, will spawn the events of World War III.[/spoiler]

It's not an actual sequel, as it won't take place after Steins;Gate's true ending. I suppose it will be the "Bad End" of the anime, so expect it to be depressing.

On a lighter note

http://youtu.be/E8GiKqzoN8s

I completed the series in dubbed form, and it's really freaking solid. But for this scene in particular, I have to give it to the seiyuu. 8D

Tuturuuuuuuu~
Robotic;Notes?

I've heard that Robotic;Notes has a shallow plot, in comparison to Steins;Gate. It probably won't be worth it, after watching the latter.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2385 on: May 30, 2015, 05:24:11 AM
Well, it has giant mechas! Then again, I'm on the fence myself.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2386 on: June 06, 2015, 12:30:44 AM
Just finished Redline.

It was [tornado fang]ing insane. Hell of an adrenaline rush and just plain fun to watch.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2387 on: June 07, 2015, 02:11:31 AM
Dude, it was insane. The ending literally had me jumping out of my seat.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2388 on: June 07, 2015, 02:17:18 AM
Yeah, I didn't see the final moments of that race coming at all.

Considering that Redline took 6 years to create, due to the entire film being hand-drawn, I'd say it was damn worth the effort.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2389 on: June 07, 2015, 02:18:12 AM
Time to rewatch it.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #2390 on: July 06, 2015, 06:22:33 PM
Currently?

Sekirei (& Pure Engagement), then I've got Strike Witches. Then Im'ma probably rewatch Ghost Hunt or Gungrave again.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2391 on: July 09, 2015, 09:08:40 AM
SuperS is over.

Not a bad season, not great. But not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be.

But now, its time. The Beginning of the end, Sailor Stars, is here at last.

TIME TO GET READY TO BAWL MY [tornado fang]ing EYES OUT.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2392 on: July 12, 2015, 09:56:01 PM
Saw the new Little Witch Academia yesterday. It's one of those things where I absolutely love pretty much every major character so it's certainly a very worthwhile watch.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2393 on: July 15, 2015, 12:08:28 AM
So I watched the first episode of the God Eater Anime, it's not too bad though there are somethings to get used to.

Things I Like

[spoiler]
1. The way Lenka was handled.

The guy is your typical spiky haired hot blooded revenge driven shonen hero protag that wants to destroy all Aragami, which is not surprising.  However while the guy is somewhat badass, ie not even flinching when being injected with Bias factor and surviving in an Aragami infested hell hole implied to be outside of the Aegis wall, they show exactly how much of a liability he is instead of an instant prodigy being showered with praise at almost every turn like you are in the game.

He constantly fails his training simulations, which he wanted to skip in the first place during a minor Aragami attack like a dumbass even though he didn't even have his God Arc yet, always trying to save someone instead of attacking the Aragami.  Tsubaki also doesn't take any of his [parasitic bomb] either, as expected of her.  At the end of the episode when the big Aragami attack happen he barely did [parasitic bomb] until the end, by dumb luck I might add, and had to be bailed out by the First Unit.  The only reason that Lenka was out there in the first place was because Tsubaki didn't realize that Lenka's God Arc was finished before it was too late thanks to Kouta showing him his God Arc after yet another failed training session.

2. How they introduced Kouta

It was so friggin awkward in the game with you 2 just sitting on the couch and offering you a piece of gum before realizing that he doesn't have any and not even looking at you when he told you his name.

In the anime Lenka bumps into Kouta when he wanted to go out into the field, with no God Arc as mentioned above.  After things calm down with Tsubaki not taking Lenka's bullshit and telling him to train Kouta introduces himself.  Once again he offers Lenka a piece of gum and before realizing he has none but the instant he takes his hand out of his pocket he's shaking hands with Lenka.  That's a much better intro than the previous one which even added a somewhat cocky mention of him being the Protag's senior by nano second. 

It also shows Kouta starting to be a bro to Lenka in a nice way without his annoying aspects, yet at least.  No obsession with Bugaraly yet either.  Also was a nice touch of seeing Kouta in a generic Fenrir uniform instead of his main clothes.

3. Tsubaki's outfit modification

I have expressed annoyance about Tsubaki's revealing clothes due to obviously showing that she's not wearing a bra or panties a few times.  The way they redesigned her outfit still makes her incredibly sexy and revealing but in a way that makes her a badass former lieutenant much more believable.  I very much approve of this though I wish they did the same with Sakuya and her lack of bra.....

4. The Bias Factor injection process.

Lenka is shirtless and it shows the Oracle Cells entering his system while still attached to the machine.  In the game (at around 2:50) you're wearing your default uniform and when you get out of the machine a random ass tendril just pokes your bracelet while your character with barely a reaction.  Also in the game you instantly got your God Arc when the process is done, Lenka only has his bracelet and no God Arc at the beginning.

If they do an anime adaptation of the second game I'm curious about how that will look since they way they did it there was absolutely gut-renching.

5. Aragami breaking the Wall of Aegis

Just goes to show how the Wall of Aegis was only a temporary solution, not that it wasn't portrayed properly in the game either though really your missions are usually outside the wall if I remember correctly.

6. The music

The rock music really fits the tone of God Eater.

7. Pretty much no one was really aware about the abilities of New-Type God Eaters.

So as I mentioned before Lenka was always failing his training sessions because he tries to save someone instead of attacking the Aragami and they justified it beyond Lenka just being a reckless hot head.  Lenka, and the First Unit, didn't realize that his God Arc Sword could also turn into a Gun.  As I mentioned before Lenka did not get his God Arc until the end of the episode, and he was using a mock weapon while training, so he had no way of knowing that since he's a New Type God Eater that he has the benefit of being able to use a Sword and a Gun unlike most God Eaters who can only use one or the other.  He blasts a Kongu in the face by the sheer dumb luck of the God Arcs being somewhat sentient. 

It's really good because at this point there's only really 2 known New-Type God Eaters so it makes sense that everyone was shocked about it.

8. Eric is in the first episode

Nice that they introduce Eric and he's not acting like a narcissistic jerk, and he doesn't die yet.  Hopefully when he does bite it it's not to an Ogre Tail getting him while his back is turned.
[/spoiler]

Things I found interesting

[spoiler]
1. Sending injured God Eaters out to fight the Aragami

There's no better way to show how crapsack and desperate a world hanging by a mere thread is than sending out soldiers with broken arms and messed up faces to the field.  It also shows that despite the fact that while the God Eaters are more durable than a normal human due to being injected with Bias Factor they certainly are not invincible, which they did a pretty good job in the game when Eric died.

2. Art style

While I think Johannes looks a little weird I think it looks nice though I wish the Aragami and the God Arcs were a little less CG like, even though it makes sense and it's not too jarring with the art style.  However I know it will mostly be hit or miss with others.[/spoiler]

Things I didn't really like.

[spoiler]1. Not a lot action in the first episode and not a lot of good explanation either if any.

For someone who played the game I'm kind of fine with it, for someone who hasn't this is not going to be very interesting and you'll probably be a bit lost about what the hell is going on.

2. Stupid jump cuts to flash backs with very little rhyme or reason.

The good news is they didn't spoil anything but god dammit I could have done without the flashbacks with Johaness and Sakaki.  It was boring as hell too.

3. The episode kind of dragged, a lot.

It's very slow and at some points pretty boring especially with said flashbacks.

4. Could have used a lot more character interactions and really could have used a little less intense focus on Lenka.

For gods sake they made Sakaki look absolutely boring, [tornado fang]ing Sakaki!  I hope they show a lot more of him in the next episode because he's one of the best characters in the game.

5. Lenka is rather hit and miss with a lot of people with mostly misses as of right now.

Since he is like you're average generic Shonen Hero, as I mentioned before, I can understand why people don't like him yet and if he continues that way why they will keep not liking him.  His design is also pretty generic too, not as bad as Yuu, the game canonical protag, in my opinion but it's still pretty bad.  The ending of the first episode will probably not help this since it looks like generic shonen hero fair of having the Protag's butt be saved by a last minuted not foreshadowed ability.  People have compared him to Eren Jeager, which as a first impression with all those factors, I don't blame them for thinking that way.
[/spoiler]

First impressions are good to me at least, hopefully the pacing will be okay since the Anime is only about 13 episodes.  Then again most of the game was filler missions so actually might make sense.  However this is from someone who has played the game, for someone who hasn't the first episode doesn't really do much to hook in new comers and does a pretty bad job at it unfortunately.  So it's mostly objectionably okay despite the fact that I like it I can see why most won't and don't. I hope this changes in the second episode.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2394 on: July 17, 2015, 05:15:57 PM
Welp, I certainly bawled my [tornado fang]ing eyes out.  ;O;

200 episodes, 3 movies, a mid-season special and two shorts, I'm done with Sailor Moon.

I'm not [tornado fang]ing watching Crystal.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2395 on: July 31, 2015, 02:31:16 PM
Watching Elfen Lied, right now. And I'm already loving the uncencored gore, that was robbed from me watching JJBA.

There is also something fascinating watching a cute girl causing mass murder, with her mind powers.

Fear me.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #2396 on: July 31, 2015, 10:20:40 PM
Weak. Watched that [parasitic bomb] when I was 12. Get with the times old man!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2397 on: August 01, 2015, 07:00:18 AM
Say what you want, I'm still watching.

Fear me.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2398 on: August 07, 2015, 06:19:32 AM
Monster.

One of the many older anime I never got around to.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2399 on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:35 AM
Monster.

One of the many older anime I never got around to.
Enjoy some very memorable quotes from the Monster itself.