News Round Up: June 15th - June 20th

Protodude · 3504

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: June 20, 2009, 08:30:33 PM

Rockman ZX Comic To Make A Comeback?

The July issue of Famitsu DS+Wii held a poll to determine which of their former comics will return with a new chapter in the upcoming anniversary issue (October). The Rockman ZX comic adaption by Shin Ogo, was one of the many choices.

Not much to say than that. Results of the poll will be revealed at a later date.

Rockman 9 Coming To PS3/360 On June 24th

4Gamer.net brings word that Rockman 9 will release on the Japanese PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade on June 24th. The title was previously a WiiWare exclusive in Japan.

The PS3 version will cost 1,000 Yen, XBLA for 800 Microsoft Points.

MMSF3 White Cards Now Available For Download

The "bonus area" is now open for business at the official Star Force 3 website, revealing a new page devoted solely to the White Card system.

So far, only two cards are available for download: "Black Ace Master Card" and "Red Joker Master Card." When placed on top of your DS touchscreen at the SF3 Brother Band menu, the cards are said to unlock exclusive features.

More White Cards and more bonus area features are expected to become available in the near future.

It's That Time Again

That's right, the longest running fan-art contest in the MM community returns for its eighth year: Maq's Mega Man Bathing Suit Contest! If you can put pencil to paper, you can enter for your chance to win either a one year subscription to DeviantART or a copy of Udon Entertainment's Mega Man: Official Complete Works artbook!

You have until September 12th to get those entries in, so get cracking while it's early!

Full contest rules and regulations can be found right here.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 09:49:46 PM
Hey protodude, ive been getting an error lately whenever I try to make a comment on your blog.
I think your blog hates my livejournal.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:53:21 PM
Ugh, can't get the damn white cards to work. Has anyone had better luck?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:18:00 PM
Flipping through the menus, it's good to see not much is going to meet the chopping block on Star Force 3. A few little fun things in the Meteor Server:

Lyra Note (as opposed to Harp Note)
Adic Ace (Lazy Typo)
Shooting Star Rockman (Mega Man) (lol)

Looks like the website team aren't quite linking up from the game and are instead following from translations of the Japanese stuff... unless a few people got renamed... namely Harp Note. Hey, it couldn't be the first time a character was inexplicably renamed (AquaMan.EXE > SpoutMan.EXE)

A question to the RNR3 owners here about those form changes. Obviously you get a default form. How do you get the color change forms and how many of them can you store? I'm looking at some pretty sick combinations of Gemini with Corvus or Wolf.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:41 AM
You get them after fighting giant viruses if you do well/are lucky. You can have two like in EXE2, but you can only make the change with an NPC. The recolors work just like in 2, but trust me, Gemini's paralyze will be useless in PvP against most people >_>

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 05:16:00 AM
It'll be hard for me to break tradition, as I've had a stun deck of some sort since Battle Network 3. The one exception was Battle Network 5, but mostly because of rampant card abuse to have a really souped up Bass Cross MegaMan.

So, any particular viruses in their giant form or just any old giant virus getting leveled? Is there a guide out that's not from a certain elitist website explaining this?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 06:09:56 AM
Any, use those sub cards that make only strong viruses appear to make it easier. They are actually quite useful since this time around most of the time you'll only get warning battles that way, but there's also a bigger chance that it's a boss since this time since there are more than one boss in each area, and the same one in multiple ones too actually. Did I mention that they can appear at ANY point in the game, as in, before you even know they exist? Have fun gettin raped by that one random Omega boss that WILL appear when you're all weak and defenseless in the beginning...I hate Murphy's law some times >_>